Plateaued for last month, frustrated, suggestions please

(Michael Mc Fearin) #1

I did Atkins in the past and had great success but my wife actually gained wait so on May 13th of this year we started a Keto diet. The first month was great and we both lost weight. I dropped 30lbs but that stopped and in the last month I have not been able to get below 370lbs.

Now I have seen some great improvement in my health other that weight so it is not all bad. I suffer from high B/P and Type 2 diabetes. However with keto my doctor took me off injections to control my sugar and reduced my B/P meds as well. I went from 6 different pills a day to 3 just scene May so I am very very happy. Cholesterol is also greatly improved and I no longer need a fluid pill. Additionally I am sleeping better and have more energy during the day.

I am nearly certain the volume I eat is the issue with weight loss but I have almost no hunger, the longer I am on keto the less hunger I have during the day. I have caught myself eating just once a day and I can’t stand water, (I am a big coffee drinker). So my doctor set me up with an app called myFitnesspal and I have started tracing.

According to the app I am to eat, 1718 Calories made of 20g carb, 81g protein, 146g fat. After using the app I found my average daily intake has been 12g carb, 20g fat, and 31 protein. This has been my average daily for the last two weeks. I have not had hunger or side effects of this so I really didn’t even notice how little I had been eating. Frankly at this low of a caloric intake I can’t believe I am not having issues and weight melting off do to starvation but the wait sits right around 370, one day up a pound one day down a pound.

Do you agree is this a matter of not eating enough? Any suggestions on this matter?

(Karen) #2

Your body is coping with your reduced calories by becoming more efficient. It is messing with your metabolism. You must eat more within keto macros. If you like coffee, start adding more fat to it. Eat nutritionally dense foods. Fatty cheeses it you tolerate them. Fatty meats. Carbs look good.

K

(LeeAnn Brooks) #3

I agree with Karen tha calories look a little low.

But I also think PISS might be involved. Post Induction Stall Syndrome. Typically with PISS, people are still losing fat and inches, it just doesn’t translate on the scale because the body is compensating for its initial water loss.

Have you taken measurements?

(Ron) #4

You are not eating enough and your body’s metabolism has slowed down to conserve energy. Also, there is a lot of healing that the body prioritizes before weight loss. I am 6’ tall and weight 220 and my suggested macro kcal daily consumption is 2300 kcals. I am also T2d and had things that needed healed first and didn’t start losing weight until week 13 so don’t get discouraged.
This is a good past conversation to read and a description of the Keto WOE from the 2 Dudes.

http://pwop.com/download/TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf