Pizza snack using pepperoni

pizza
snack
pepperoni

(Mark Myers) #1

I got this from someone else and can’t remember where, might have been 2ketodudes. If it is your idea, thank you. One of my favorite snacks is to get the deli sliced pepperoni which is about 3 to 4 inches diameter at the deli counter. I put them on parchment paper and let them bake for about 15 minutes, then I blot the oil off them then let them bake a little longer, maybe 10 minutes in my toaster oven. Then I take them out, blot them again and add tomato sauce and cheese and whatever toppings you might want on a pizza. Vundabar! Sorry if I stole someone recipe! If so, thank you!

(Richard Morris) #2

yeah I think that was one of @carl’s from the show :slight_smile:

(Mark Myers) #3

Thanks @carl! Great suggestion. I’ve been enjoying it often! I listen to the podcasts in my commute to and from work.

(mwall) #4

The same works for other cuts of meat as well. :thumbsup:

(Derek I. Batting) #5

My wife takes those same large pepperoni slices from the deli and fills up a muffin tin with them, one in each muffin spot. She puts the pizza sauce and cheese into each one and bakes it until they are crispy and hold their shape. Voila. No need to dab and keep checking on them. They bake up wonderfully.

(Mark Myers) #6

@DBatting I’ve got to try that! Sounds great!

(Derek I. Batting) #7

I’ll ask my wife exactly how she does it (whether she sprays/butters the muffin tin, what heat to set the oven, etc.) and report back.

(Mark Myers) #8

@DBatting Please do! Sounds great!

(Derek I. Batting) #9

@idrankwhat, et al.

She said she’s not sure if this is the recipe she started using back when she started making them, but they’re all pretty much the same. The important part is “bake them at 350 for 15 minutes.” No spraying the muffin tin because, especially if you use a non-stick one, there’s plenty of grease to keep anything from sticking.

Also, per this recipe:

Makes 24 pizza cups. Total recipe = 10.5 grams carbs.
Approximately 6 pizza cups equals a serving or 2.5 grams carbs.

Enjoy!