Pecan macadamia nut butter

(Teri) #1

So after getting a craving for some nut butter, I decided to try to homemade stuff.
Because the only kind I had around the house had added sugar, and since I had some pecans and macadamia nuts, I was tempted to try my own.

They are somewhere between nut butter and fat bombs, honestly, but they are so delicious.

2 servings pecans - 40 nuts, or 1/2 a cup
2 servings macadamia nuts - 60 half, or 30 whole nuts
1 tbsp coconut oil/or MCT oil

Calories: 980 with coconut oil, 990 with MCT oil
Fat: 102
Protein: 10
Net carbs: 4
Total carbs: 16
Fiber: 12

Mix all ingredients in a food processor until blended to preference. I like crunchy nut butter so I didn’t make mine super smooth. It made about half a cup, so up the recipe more to make desired amount. I simply and lazily refrigerated in a small serving bowl and cut mine into 4ths to make fat bombs when I need a quick boost and extra fiber and nutrients from the nuts, but truthfully on days when I’m running around and don’t have time to stop and cook I would probably give in and eat the whole thing and make up for the protein with lean meat later, but my weakness is nuts. :slightly_smiling_face:
But it turned out to taste way better than I expected, so I figured I’d share. I used coconut oil though, and I think the coconut taste adds to it. I’ll definitely be making more in a lager batch.

(Daisy) #2

Um… that sounds amazing and I will be making this.

(Edith) #3

Did you use roasted or raw nuts?

(Teri) #5

Raw pecans and dry roasted with sea salt macadamia nuts.
I’d suggest getting better pecans from a grocery store that sells them fresher than this, though. I bought these at Walmart out of desperation one day, and they aren’t the best. We have a Stater Bros. here that has great ones. These are just the ones I had around the house.

(Edith) #6

Thanks. I think I will give your recipe a try. :yum:

(Troy) #7

Thanks for sharing
Looks so good!
Wow

For me though
Pecans + Macadamia Nuts = triggers/over consumption!
Yummy
2 of my favorites by far😓