Paying for yesterday's transgressions

(Lauren) #1

We spent yesterday at my parents’ house. My parents were cooking ribs (covered in carby sauce) and carby sides, so I got my dad to cook us a few ribs w/o sauce, and we brought our own side (broccoli, crm cheese, cheese, bacon casserole). Sounds easy enough, right?

Fast forward to time to eat. I’m getting babies into highchairs and trying to set the table. There was a loud clatter behind me. I turn around to see my parents’ dog with her snout buried in my casserole, and MY dog running across the yard with my ribs.

Long story short: I was hungry. I ate all the carby stuff for the first time since mid April. I’ve spent most of today living in the bathroom because my belly hates me.

::done whining now::

Edited to add: today I am doing an unintended fast, since the sight or smell of food is…not good.

I’m so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

(Ren) #3

The dogs got a good meal out of it, but you are paying for it.

The good thing is even though you ate carbs and your gut is paying for it, 1 meal isn’t the end of the world. Just KCKO.

(Jeffry Lauder) #4

Aww man, it’s amazing to me how quickly your body rejects carbs. I had a "planned cheat day " (I know, I know, pretty dumb of me) a couple of weeks into keto. I was physically sick for 2 days afterwards. Just a good reminder of why we’re doing this!