Pasta

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Shirataki noodles. You find them in your grocers produce department. $2. They come in a liquid filled bag, soft and ready to eat. Rinse in cold water, microwave till hot on your serving plate. Add your sauce. The entire bag is 2 grams net carbohydrate. The ingredients are listed. Soy only makes up 10% of the noodles, the rest is yam flour and water.

I added browned butter, fresh diced tomato, and shredded parmesan tonight.
With these noodles, I do not miss pasta, and I used to LOVE wheat pasta. I even make a wonderfully creamy keto cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese. Shirataki noodles also come in fettuccine and elbow shapes as well.

Yesterday was hard
(What The Fast?!) #2

I believe there’s a brand called Miracle Noodles that has even less carbs and is made only with the Yam Flour, no soybeans.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Oh yes, I’ve heard of those. House foods brand is at all my local grocers, no one carries any other brand. I could order online, but that is a hassle and much more expensive.
I only eat these one a week, sometimes less. That small amount of soybean doesn’t concern me luckily.
Thank you for mentioning the Miracle Noodles :slight_smile: There are many who are much more strict about avoiding soy and will appreciate that information :yellow_heart:

(Keto in Katy) #4

They feel rubbery to me

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

This brand? Because this brand is very tender.

(What The Fast?!) #6

I find that if you boil the noodles for a few minutes they feel less rubbery!

(Keto in Katy) #7

Maybe it was a different brand. I will try again and see if we can improve on it because I would like to have a pasta substitute.