Papa John's gluten free pizza

(Kristin) #1

I’m planning on starting keto next week. I work nights and on the day I switch back to a day schedule I’m exhausted and don’t want to cook. I usually order pizza on this evening for my family. I see on papa john’s menu that there is now a gluten free option. It says not to get it if you are allergic but I was wondering if it’s good for keto. I can’t even find the nutrition info, so I have no idea what the carb count is. Advise please!

I worked at Pizza hut. When I was there they used Udi’s brand gluten free. It was not low carb. I am not sure which brand Papa John’s uses but I suspect it is probably not keto.

Edit:. It would probably serve you best to just eat the toppings if you decide to go the pizza route.

(Troy) #3

For KETO😳
A no go

Gluten-Free Dough
Water, Sorghum Flour, Modified Rice Starch, Tapioca Starch, Teff Flour, Cage Free Egg Whites, Whey Powder, Shortening Flakes (Palm Oil, Natural Butter Flavor, Soy Lecithin), Quinoa Flour, Amaranth Flour, Canola/Olive Oil Blend, Yeast, Sugar, Brown Flax Seed, Salt, Cultured Brown Rice, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavors.

Contains: Milk, Egg, Soy

https://www.papajohns.com/company/additional-nutritional-information/create-your-own-pizza.html

But Like just mentioned , you can always just eat the toppings

(Kristin) #4

thanks for the info. I think I’m going to try one of the keto crock pot pizza recipes then.

(Lorraine) #5

I always strip off the toppings when we order pizza. Minsky’s is my favorite since they still put a ton of toppings and cheese on, unlike some of the other places.:tongue:

(Kristin) #6

It seems like most place skimp on the toppings. It looks like there are a bunch of pinterest recipes for pizza toppings in the crockpot which could work for me. I can put it in in the morning before I go to sleep, then it can be ready when my son gets home from school.

Bake a huge batch of crusts and freeze them

(Kristin) #8

that’s a good idea. how long do you think they’d be good in a freezer?

I freeze baked goods for upto 2 years. I use a food sealer

(Kristin) #10

nice. I don’t have one so i’d have to figure out how to keep it fresh

Factory created foods can never beat their home made counterparts when it comes to taste or nutritional value. But for times when convenience trumps everything, many grocery stores sell LC tortillas that can serve as personal size pizza crusts. Each person gets their own tortilla, they put on the toppings of choice, bake it for 15 minutes, and dinner is ready.

Here’s an example :
http://www.missionmenus.com/products/subcategory/low-carb