Ozempic for 6 yr olds

(Ohio ) #1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-20/ozempic-maker-is-testing-weight-loss-drugs-for-kids?leadSource=uverify%20wall

Ketosis isn’t the body’s natural state. Obesity is!

(Polly) #2

:flushed:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

And what we eat has no effect on our health! :scream:

Makes sense, Liraglutide is the oldest “glutide” and much less potent than Semaglutide, also doesn’t hang around at all, it’s a daily thing IIRC. Given how many obese kids there are, no thanks to their clueless parents, if that thing can get them through their parent dependency years, I’d say go for it. Better than condemning them to be morbidly obese diabetic that either A: never smarten up, or B: learn, but it’s too late because of the nutritional child abuse they got from their parents.

Without question there won’t be any shortage of tin foil hatters that don’t grasp the difference between tradition pharma and peptides, most likely that are also OK using Collagen in their coffee for the nice hair skin and nails, because that’s somehow different. It’s not. Peptides are the future, they do so much, have nearly no downsides and work with our body to self regulate itself.

(KM) #5

Do you think that liraglutide could really put a kid into “suspended animation”, in terms of metabolic damage, until the age of consent? I can’t imagine how to test that, given the hormonal and developmental changes between age 6 and 18.

You may well be right, that it’s the lesser of two evils even if it does have consequences, but what a mess. :unamused:

Honestly, yes. I use Semaglutide, and while it’s way stronger and longer lasting than Liraglutide, putting a ding in an obese kids appetite, along with keeping them insulin sensitive (to me) has got to be the better choice. If the kid has already been made / allowed to become obese, common sense says it’s not going to happen for them the normal way. I can’t see how keeping them obese would be a better choice, especially since we know the longer you’re like that, the worse off you are.

The only hormone it’s playing with is GLP-1, and by proxy Insulin, but those would both be in a way better place on it vs not in the case of an obese child. Obesity significantly drops Testosterone in males, and excess body fat raises Estrogen, pretty much the worst hormonal position to be in for a developing kid that’s going to need puberty to finish the job for him. The Estrogen effect is the same in girls, but excess even then isn’t good.

Sometimes it can a little, but not when your diet is comprised of plenty of servings of heart healthy GMO’d glyphosate soaked grains.

Speaking of that crap, anybody ever get their Glyphosate levels checked? I just did! I’m buying more Organic stuff!