OXtoberFest ZC Challenge

I was gonna come and track you wondering why ya haven’t posted much and then I remembered you said weekends you are busy etc…but I miss you chatting on the thread alot :sunny:

Do not panic in any way. Weight loss is not linear as we know. You lose so much and then the body might be putting its efforts into rebalancing hormones, or correcting some other issue it needs to focus on and it drops the weight loss focus. Believe me you will lose more if you just hold plan and be ok…but yes, that darn dairy can effect many of us so different and dropping it is a very good way to see if you are one who can handle it or it gets in your healing way…but do not worry here KP…life on plan is what gives us all the healing/health/weight loss benefits and way more but your body will give it to you as it deems fit and as it has to deal with what it is dealing with internally…so holding plan tight, just eating well and all good things will come your way :slight_smile:

Ohhhh hope you are ok. Many do fine thru the covid so hope it all works that way for you, heck at this point I think everyone is damn near infected, but some with better immunity and more do well vs people who are more sick…your zc immunity boosted body is gonna help ya :slight_smile:

Your corn maze sounds like alot of fun!

You can use the SUGAR FREE ketchup. Buy it online or in a store but I am very rural farm area and my stores rarely have this stuff, but sugar free ketchup is a definite use, but you have to watch your intake…you have to use it sparingly but it can easily give you the taste you want and desire, for now, to stay on plan and enjoy your food and most likely, down the road later, you will think, WHY am I eating this sugar free ketchup and ditch it LOL So yea that is a condiment option if you want it but make sure you do ok on it and make sure it doesn’t ‘give you more cravings’ or effect you in any way. It has to be, ahhh, I liked that taste but I could care less about it and it won’t take me into other bad draws ya know.

Like garlic. I used minced garlic on my steak when I started. 1/4 teaspoon. nothing but I loved loved loved that taste…then like a year into plan that garlic started tasting very sweet to me…extremely sweet and it made my mind think ‘sugar’ and it dragged me down a big in a bad way…so I dropped it. Now you can’t get me to use it cause of the sweetness and your sugar free ketchup you might buy could go down that road for you also.

so just a heads up on what you allow a bit and how you react using it.

(Kellyn ) #402

:joy: Yeah, I try to post daily during the work week, but am not really on my phone a lot during the weekend, so I get caught up on all the weekend post Monday morning. I really appreciate you, @Fangs and all your tips and encouraging messages.

I’m going to the grocery store tonight so I will look for the sugar free ketchup. I still have a can of salmon left and really enjoyed the patties yesterday. I have some roast to eat today for lunch.

(Edith) #403

Mayonnaise mixed with a touch of ketchup is pretty tasty, cuts down on the ketchup carbs, and adds some fat.

ohhh I like that, I never did that but it is a smart zc move for sure! cool

(Edith) #405

Yeah, I’ll mix mayo with pretty much anything: wing sauce, mustard, shriracha, ketchup…

(Alex ) #406

same! mayo in or on literally anything… if I make it from scratch, I can eat it off the spoon

(Edith) #407

Sticking to only meat and eggs has definitely gotten easier over the past two months. Having little meat snacks available, even if it’s processed such as salami, is a big help.

Today I had a big ribeye steak, some polish sausage, pork rinds, and an egg pudding. It probably wasn’t quite enough food. I was babysitting my 8 month old granddaughter today. I forgot how hard it is to find time to eat with a baby around. I’m a little hungry, but it’s not that long until I go to bed and I like to have a good three hours between eating and sleeping. I’m sure I can make it until breakfast.

Until tomorrow everyone.

(JJ) #408

Thanks so much for the resources and encouragement Fangs and happy zerocarbiversary to you!
I appreciate the pointers. Although Keto (or at times low carb) for two years now, ZC is a new exploration for me. I had honestly been a bit dismissive, never thought it would be something I would try. Never say never though! I feel I will be more relaxed ZC style, anything else will see me too strict and militant with it all, just want to settle into it without letting my brain take over, getting obsessive (I do that well!) and imposing rules…well other than the rule to just eat animal products that is :wink:

I had a wretched headache last night after my pork, however, had fasted most of the day before committing to ZC aaaand had eaten a wee bit of sugar and wheat while away for the weekend which has made me feel very ordinary.
Today, am good, was still full from dinner until lunchtimeish, had two thirds of that roast pork shoulder left, so had another go at it. Tonight I am making burgers for the family, so beef it is for me when I feel hungry again.

KellynP, a corn maze, that sounds like such fun!!! Fingers crossed you avoid Covid.

I am the same. I require a few good amt of hrs of not eating before bed. I just don’t enjoy any fullness in the tummy when bedtime is approaching. I hear you on that one :slight_smile:

I am also the same on some processed stuff like salami. I do require and need those few things I enjoy at hand and easy convenience. Nothing wrong with it at all but they are not heavy hitters ya know, just make sure us zc people don’t rely on them too much ‘as a meal’ cause we truly do need the few good meals a day we do eat. I also have to remember that!!

Ahhh, 8 months old! I bet you enjoy that.

Absolutely. I sure understand this. More I do put ‘micro managed’ restrictions on me I get overwhelmed and obsessive til I crack…and I can crack fast on any ‘dieting rules’ that drive me bonkers. Smart you are just gonna eat the good meats/seafood/fish options and then don’t worry about a tad of mayo, or ketchup or spice you use, whatever, those little things are in this whole equation ya know…even hardcore long termers like C Washington says, focus on that main meal, a condiment isn’t gonna kill ya every now and then but the main food keep it animal kingdom and you got this whipped. Plus when trying a new plan, it is best to come in with an easy feeling towards it I think. Good approach!

NY Strip steak
10 med. sized shrimp
2 country pork ribs
1 cheeseburger patty

Not alot of food, well for me :wink: Would have eaten more but cluster seizures issues with our little older dog was an emergency vet run and just a trying day. Kept him overnight and they finally got him out of harms way. Working on new meds and whatever. Darn the prices tho!! $800 deposit and might top out at $1200 but in the end he is family :slight_smile: but again, OW and another darn OW but even pet medical is high same as humans I guess.

Today I got NY Strip steak. Got some chicken breast I need to cook up and will use that up today also. Thinking, big old pile of sautee’d chunks of chicken and making my own fresh alfredo sauce. I love it and haven’t made it in ages, so might go down that route but will only do it if I feel like ‘extra cooking’ LOL We shall see what the day brings but whatever it does, I know I will be eating fine thru it all.

Hope everyone is doing well and gearing for for NoCarbvember that is coming our way very soon!

Day #27: Hanging in there. Work pressure building. Today is the first day in recent memory I have woken up tired. Headache this morning. Had a student ask if I was OK? Took some aspirin.

Coffee with cream to start the day did not help me.

Drank water and didn’t do anything excessive.

Beef ribs waiting for me now. The nausea from the headache has subsided and I feel hungry! Gotta go.

(Polly) #412

Sorry to hear about the headache. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sorry to hear this FB. I tell ya I know from my experience when the work get into that mode it is a tough way to live ya know…hope you can get things happening easier for you! It really can effect us! Sorry you feel bad but I bet those delish beef ribs will put a smile on your face!!

(Kellyn ) #414

Thank you, Jules. I decided to get a COVID test tomorrow, because I am planning on visiting my parents this weekend in Virginia and do not want to carry the virus up to them. I still feel healthy so hopefully it will come back negative. I just found out yesterday that my Dad is having to go to the urologist tomorrow for a prostate biopsy as his bloodwork showed elevated PSA and he has been having problems with an enlarged prostate. I has me very worried and though I was planning on not putting HWC in my coffee today or the rest of the week, but with the stress of my Dad’s upcoming appointment I said what the Hell. I just needed a little something and did not want to stray from carnivore. I will eventually cut it out, but it is an addiction I can live with at the moment.

Awwww, I’m glad he is doing okay. I love my dogs and that would have stressed me out for sure. I have two small dogs myself and I would have forked out whatever I could to help them feel better.

Glad you are feeling better FB.

We lost our volleyball game last night, but we fought hard and took it to three games. It was great exercise. My daughter this morning mentioned to me her concerns with her weight. She is a very picky eater. I’ve got to try to come up with some healthy meals and lunches for her each week and help her to drop some of her extra weight as it breaks my heart to see her so concerned for herself and I don’t want her to go down the road to eating disorders. I know how hard it is to be a teenager and the pressure to be thinner. I told her I would buy her healthier snacks and start making healthier dinners for her. We do not really have great family eating habits at my house as everyone eats something different. It makes things hard. Especially since we stay so busy during the week so we always try to cook something quick for the kids and then I cook my meat for myself when hungry. Things have to change so she can have healthier habits. I am thinking that I should do some meal preps on the weekend for her since the week is so busy. My research begins.

Got today and tomorrow off. YAY! Its sunny here, and should get up around 35-40. Last night, I think we hit the teens. Brrrrrrr.
I felt great at work yesterday, but annoyed a bit. I can handle the workload fine- energy wise, and the actual tasks. What I have trouble with, is supposedly ‘competent’ people - who’ve had a task explained to them multiple times - and still ignore directions. To that point, my boss had me spend the better part of my shift yesterday re-doing the task given to that one person, and was obviously not completed. These are time sensitive issues that apply to any and every retail operation. That person claims he was in a management level position with another retailer. Other than trying to assert himself as a manager here on his second day, ordering other people what to do and when to take their breaks, there’s no other managerial skills evident. Its like the training and repeated training- went in one ear and out the other. Okay. Enough said. Just had to vent a bit. Very glad to have a couple days off from that.
Eats yesterday were stellar. Eggs, chicken, beef, more chicken…yep. Me happy.
Today, I have steaks. Ny strip, filet, chuck…and eggs.

Getting some overdue housework done now. I will be hosting Thanksgiving, so another fun time ahead, but the cleaning is necessary before that can happen. Gotta run, but just want to thank you all again for being such a fabulous bunch of peeps!!!

(Polly) #416

Most men die with prostate cancer not of it. Don’t worry too much @KellynP.

My father in law for example had it for over thirty years and died of old age at 95 and my husband has also had it for seven years and the urologist sees him every six months on a watching and seeing basis (Or at least they used to before Covid-19)

(Kellyn ) #417

Thank you, Polly. This makes me feel so much better. You’re the best!

Hey @FrankoBear … Sorry you are feeling poorly…headaches suck. Now, I didn’t see if you posted it, but have you been keeping up with electrolytes? Those imbalances caused mayhem for me before I got straightened out.
Dr. Berry has an eletrolyte drink he makes with sparkling water, ACV, salt, no-salt, liquid stevia and orange oil. That stuff is amazing. I don’t always have time to be mixing that stuff up - SO - In a pinch, a good swig of dill pickle juice, (or olive juice) worked like a miracle. Headaches and muscle aches disappear within 5 min for me. Now, I’ve had a whole jar of pickle before, and that may not be necessary, but ya never know. - so IDK…it might be the boost that you need to get you through those tough spots. ?
Just a thought.

(Edith) #419

Good point @SecondBreakfast. I keep trying to go off electrolytes since all the carnivore experts say we don’t need them, but so far, I NEED them.

yea, again for all, it is very personal on those things. First recommendation is dump supps, mainly ALL those useless ones like vitamin C supps and all those herbal supps people use for whatever reasons and all that stuff, but it is not wrong if you need a few things for your body thru whatever stage you are at on healing. If magnesium helps a person, then use some. You might need it longer than another or you might be one who can give it up fast like I was.

So again for all of us, just use your personal journey and be wise on what you truly need and what you don’t need…and for all of us zc people we walked ‘the supps’ and ‘electrolytes’ path LOL In the end most zc people get off every single thing, but again, if med issues and more require you to stay on a supp, then of course stay on it as needed.