OXtoberFest ZC Challenge

I sure agree on this plus I was like most, growing up life is centered around food for celebrations, holidays, treats and more. Alot of years of eating to ditch plus I feed a carb family.

definitely has limits. I think I read what other’s are eating on a keto forum and then I have the family sucking down whatever around me, just sight/smell etc can trigger alot of want and then the ONLY fix for me when I break a bit, like a build up of cravings hit every now and then, I have to eat big. And I ate very big today! Didn’t give crap food another thought my belly was so full.

but yea, life happens, we take on big changes and we have to find things that work for us and not against us to help us along the way.

I just keep one thought as number 1…eat zc. Don’t go off. Do whatever it takes to not go off plan. Cause if I do, it will be epic insanity for me, I have that personality :slight_smile: but my next after that, eat zc no matter what, is eat damn big zc when absolutely needed and I do LOL

(Keto Koala 🐨) #382

@Shinita I love your honesty and I’m just honest on here too… like I’m not even in ketosis and I’m on here… And seriously we are all different and we try our best and life happens… and you have such interesting topics and insight on here… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I had sweet and sour pork for lunch… more veggies than pork… I have no idea what’s for dinner. Oh God the Nurse is funny tonight, he’s around the corner and says to someone
" Don’t call me Jesus Christ in public" he is a charactor… @Fangs He owns horses too… And was in racing. Has a Clydesdale Mare.:heart_eyes:.

(JJ) #383

Loitering here awaiting the new thread, am a bit late to the party here, but the thread was a useful read for me anyway.
I thought keto was the cause of my ammenorhea and more than desired weight loss, so upped my carbs which did have a positive effect hormonally but of course I have yo-yo’ed back up to a ‘doughy’ physique now with low carb versus keto. Maybe it was not how low I kept my carbs while keto, but a caloric deficit/fasting mindset? Think it is worth trying ZC for a period to see how that fits with me as I did feel like I was truly thriving on very low carbs when keto,that is, before I dropped too much weight and felt tired and irritable most of the time.
Starting this week but looking forward to being a part of a brand new ;month’ thread.

(Alex ) #384

I’m ready for No-vegetablesandcarbs-Ember

Missed out on this month…

:slight_smile:

Hi, and I just responded to you over in the other thread and said come onto our zc challenge thread and you already got here :slight_smile:

No need to wait til Nov thread either. Go shopping, buy meat/seafood/fish, any and all you love, but focus on a fattier type meat over lean meats and start as soon as you can!! It might be a rough change but if you eat enough and are satisfied then you should do very well in your adaption/transition!

More the merrier doing zc! :slight_smile:

Oh you can start today with us LOL but I understand if you need a few days to hit the grocery store and stock up on great meat/seafood/fish, any and all that you love. ZC is eat and eat well when new and transitioning and getting thru adaption but yes, we will all be going into Nov all in with zc for us!! Happy you can join in!!

(Alex ) #387

I’m doing it pretty much already mate to be honest, but I have OCD issues and want the clean sweep of 1st of the month starting point and a line drawn under the end of October… which has been my re-entry to strict keto!

(JJ) #388

Thanks Fangs! I am so in. Started day deciding I ‘should’ do a long fast, was miserable and unenthused, did some reading on the forums for the first time in ages and decided to round my day out with some meat. Ate 300g of pork roast and am- to use an Aussie phrase- chockers now. Very satisfied.

good morning and I woke up super full and happy this morning LOL

yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye, yea thought it was a NY strip I defrosted but it was a ribeye that was delish.

3 very big, thick country style pork spare ribs, omg so good!

about 6-7 slices taylor ham

about 1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty
1 tin sardines
1 beef stick

I tell ya that steak and then I followed it up a few hrs later with the ribs, wowza was I full, happy, smiling and thrilled. I ate very big and very well and I needed every darn bite of that steak and those big country ribs!

and then I was so so of course on being hungry later but I fried up a big old burger and easily ate that and then ate some other stuff to boot!

Needless to say around 4am I woke up with grumbling hungry belly and yes I will be eating another steak earlier than normal today also.

beauty of it all. not one ounce gained on the scale after eating massive and that perk from zc to me is priceless!

I also woke up with NO thoughts of eating off in any way. I am locked solidly in mindset back on zero carb and that is more priceless than that other even LOL I am back in my normal sweet spot of eat like I need to eat at all times, it is a very very very important part of zc for me personally. I need to eat big when I need to eat big and I do and I thrive for doing just that!

So steak in the picture early later and might tag it with some shrimp. Then later I got another steak defrosted and might pair that up with some chicken. Yes I will be eating very strong today also.

Earlier I was going into ‘eating lighter mode’ cause that is a natural cycle for me on zc. Eat big for however long, then I just get so satiated I just tend to start eating a bit less and less and I do fine, til boom, eating lower like that might make me very vulnerable to any outside influences, carb family, sights/smells/social, hell anything could start to trigger me :slight_smile: so I have to watch that and I do, but sometimes things sneak up on me.

again tho back in a strong body and mind placement for me.

Hope everyone is holding well and being strong and eating very very good!

Am I still a mate if I am a gal? :wink: I am not sure on that :sunny:

Yea, I am not sure about OCD stuff for me but I have a very controlling type personality and alot of times it works SO against me. I am working on changes in that part of my life also. Work in progress, best any of us can do and learn thru those changes as much as we can!!

(Alex ) #391

lol, yep, there’s no sexism here, not from me anyway.

No, I just basically want to start a new month totally afresh and stick with a solid 31-day program to see what happens. I’m doing it alongside my new exercise regime too, and will have a bit of structure!

very happy you hit up a great meat you enjoy and are full and satified! That is what ZC is all about :slight_smile: Hang around and chat up and just ‘be zc’ and it will give you good benefits and healing.

Here is a blurb on what zc sample meals look like for some just to give you some ideas. You can go strict, beef and water only intro or you can go a bit more ‘relaxed’ carnivore (which only means you allow some other zc foods into your plan, never any plant carbs! for meals) and this little article kinda gives you ideas.

https://www.zerocarbhealth.com/sample-1-week-zero-carb-diet-meal-plan/

also in that site is tons to read all about zc and why people come this way into this plan when they truly need it and you can just read up as needed when ya have time if interested.

just focus on eating fresh good meat, seafood or fish and keep a heavier focus on good beef in your day too if you enjoy it cause most of us do best on beef. Not all, but most so that is just a suggestion for ya.

ohhhh be a tad careful!! :upside_down_face:

zc if you have never done this before can be a tough adaption, even for those coming from extreme low carb into this lifestyle.

you might wanna low key exercise. It truly isn’t recommended for at least the first 30 days, but of course doing lighter stuff is ok IF YOU feel fine on plan and can handle it.

So don’t be surprised if you get very tired, feel weaker in this changeover adaption time. Of course we are all different and you might sail thru and be able to handle some good exercise, but recommendations are take the first 30 days into this plan kinda easy without pushing yourself.

again just common zc info we chat up with new people so there aren’t too many surprised and WTH? Why am I so weak and can’t exercise well? and other questions like that.

(Alex ) #394

Hey @Fangs thanks for the the heads up… the vast majority of my eating is basically oven cooked / fried / cold and reheated meat, and fried / poached eggs. I’ve left the salad drawer alone for most of October just in prep basically.

My exercise has been a mix of slow steady cardio and Spin Classes this month, but I have been noticing that I’m struggling with juice in the tanks basically, so likely to calm things off a bit.

cool, sounds like you are walking into zc in good form and probably researching carnivore a bit and reading up. All that helps alot and yea, just be careful on exercise and if getting more tired or you feel off, eat and eat well! Food is you absolute friend on this plan! We never restrict our eating in any way if our body is tired, out of sorts or just says feed me…food is our fix and healer :slight_smile:

(Alex ) #396

@Fangs

Cool beans! Or, not beans.

Yeah, it’s just natural progression for me I think, the food I’m having now is really not that far adrift… I have a few Amazon purchased keto snacks which I want rid of over this week, and some cheese and things in the fridge, and then it will be natural unprocessed food for the month ahead.

Exercise wise for me, its really more about mental health and positivity as opposed to targeted fat loss cardio, and is just giving me structure for my day.

a steak a day keeps the Dr away :slight_smile:

sounds like you are reading and willing and that is the biggest step, wanting to try this plan full on and as intended it should be done! Then you receive the real benefits this plan offers.

Can’t wait til Nov and you are in and raring to go!! We got a fab zc group here, small but mighty :sunny:

@Fangs … That whole post you wrote? Could’ve been me a week or two ago! LOL! Is that not the CRAZIEST thing?! I’ve pondered (more than once) if these phases we go through aren’t the of “Ghost of PMS” ? I just made that up…no clue if its really a thing. But, ya know what I mean? Like, since we’ve no more cycles (for the most part), could it be that the intense cravings we used to have PMSing still might come back to haunt us around that time? IDK. Either way, planning is key.

Like you, I have to have ZC foods prepped and ready at all times - just in case. I’ve got ZC beef sticks and cheese in the fridge at work (in case of a carnivore emergency). Got the afternoon shift today, so this morning will be spent cooking meat and eggs. Then, have 2 days off.

Eats yesterday were:
Double Liquid chicken
3 beef sticks, 1 cheese stick
8 oz sliced roast beef; 1/4 c cheddar melted on top of the beef
Bowl of roasted chicken (pulled off and shredded up), and butter melted all over. YUM.

It is snowing here like crazy- and nothing really on the radar. So, its lake effect. And what that translates to. is basically we have no idea how much accumulation we’ll get. Got roughly 3 -4 inches piled on railing of the deck right now. It looks like Christmas now.

Well… I have a hankering for that steamed egg “pudding” so might cook that up, and fry some bacon while the egg stuff is steaming. Having a variety of textures seems to placate the want for other no-no foods, hence the steamed eggs. So - off to a yummy start of the day!

Hang in there Fangs. We shall prevail. =)

(Kellyn ) #399

Well, after this morning I am back to cutting dairy. I have hit a weight loss stall and I am positive that it is the HWC I have added back to my coffee. I may just ditch the coffee after I have finished off the package I already bought, but will play that by ear. The HWC was a treat and I don’t really need it. I did have some in my coffee this morning before stepping on the scale and deciding to cut it back out. I’ll just have to see what impact it makes in the weeks to come.

I made some salmon patties yesterday with canned salmon, ground pork rinds, and egg. It was good but I do miss having ketchup on them. I used some spicy avocado mayo to dip them in. Do any of you carnivores have any other suggestions as to what to put on top of them or dip them in?

Saturday I went to a corn maze with some friends and my daughter for the nighttime flashlight maze.
We got lost in the 20-30 minute maze and were in there for over an hour. LOL. It was fun though and I got a lot of walking in. I was also a chaperone for the Youth Halloween party last night where we walked along this really long trial into the woods playing a riddle game. Tonight is our church volleyball league and I am looking forward to the exercise I will be getting through that, too. I am loving all the opportunities lately to get out and move.

My coworker tested positive for COVID on Friday. I guess I have been exposed, so I will be watching to see if I develop any symptoms. So far so good.

Happy carnivore anniversary, @Fangs! I am so happy for you that you got to fit into your teenage daughter’s jeans. That must have been an amazing feeling. It gives me hope for my future carnivore self. :blush:

damn right I am going to prevail HAHA cause I worked years to do just that LOL

and I know you are learning thru it all also.

no pms, I am hitting 59 this year, I did my mena when I hit into low carb around age 53 and when I was tiptoeing into zc…So good thing for me the stupid azz cravings are when I read other’s go off plan and I think, hmm, they did it HAHA and no it is not logical in any way and then I read about other food on a ‘lc/keto forum’ and I think they can eat that, why can’t I? I know why but hell that logic goes out the window and then I start to eat lower and less on zc cause I am so nourished and content but all of the sudden that can flip against me…so I know to watch me thru my triggers and buildup of the ‘carb crazies’ and as long as we always learn thru our crazies, we got it whipped. But we also must ACT on what we learned and I do that.

I never go all in carb cravings and it is super rare now for me but I was heading right that way and I saw it, acknowledged it and went all in the other way…I grabbed on zc as my salvation and it is! I said I will eat ALL and as much as I need and I ate big yesterday and gonna eat big today and that is what saves me every time. Only on plan food, but eat as much as my little tummy and mind desire and when I do that, I balance right back out…the body got the food, it gives me peace of mind :slight_smile:

So yea we ALL GOT this is we learn thru it and apply fixes to it when we require it…never eat too little on zc…it is key to eat very well and if longer on plan like me, and newbies experience this also, when we eat lower just cause we are not hungry at all…outside forces can come into play cause we are eating that low and we do become targets…

moral of the story…EAT ZC PEOPLE EAT! It is the crux of this plan for healing and balance and health :slight_smile:

whew we all will do ok! Cause we got each other to bounce off each other and do fine thru it all!

Hmm, seems someone is loving that egg pudding HAHA go for it and be sure to eat that bacon with it!! :wink: