OXtoberFest ZC Challenge

good morning

we are in that nicer fall weather coming around now. Hit into the low 80s, sunny and promise of hot summer weather feeling, but I know it will crash back now to colder and colder. Oh well, enjoy today only cause today is all I got and today’s weather is what it is so just enjoy the hound out of today is key here!! And that is how we approach our eating lifestyle change. ONE meal at a time. Today’s meal. You make that effort with changing your eating lifestyle in only one true way…what are you going to eat on this meal. The one right in front of my face. The fork I am lifting, what is that meal as it goes into my big old gob :wink:

Keep our approach AS SIMPLE as possible. Don’t drag old dieting baggage and old tricks/tips/crazy we did back in the day. Simple is the most complicated action on carnivore cause it is truly a hard concept to put into a plan when all we did back in the day was learn so many crazy ways and tracking and more was needed for health, when zc is the opposite in truth~ just eat. just allow the food to heal the body and change you and it will if we just keep it super simple.

food yesterday was a big old steak which was delish
alot of taylor ham
med. sized cheeseburger patty

I ate late. first meal was at 3 and I was hungry but after that steak and taylor ham, I could only manage a burger at around 6 and done for the day. Got caught on the road and when I got home it was way past my feeding time LOL

I pulled a boner move but it turned out to be a great small victory for me.
I put on my kid’s junior miss jeans and I was rushing to get out the door in the morning and I kept saying to myself, damn these are a tad tight…why are my jeans a tad tight? ugh…but they fit ‘ok’ but just a darn tad tigher than normal and I thought, WTH? but I got moving out the door, did my day, got home and took off the jeans and put on shorts and then held up the jeans and thought, damn why do these look so small? I was truly confused on it :exploding_head: Then I checked the label…junior miss and her brand of jeans that look just like my brand of jeans I buy :dizzy_face: and I wore her jeans all day. I WAS IN JUNIOR MISS SIZE…Weeeee, but being older I hate tight crap cause just my personal comfort is required, so I won’t be wearing those jeans again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but darn if it didn’t give me another boost of my body is changing with very very very slow losses on the scale. In my teenage daughters jeans, which means ‘junior’ size shopping is a possibility for me again down the line. I won’t have to avoid the whole section dept of clothes anymore, I can shop junior miss :partying_face: Weeeee…well, maybe. Teenage stuff is not my stuff truly but hey, options are open :star_struck:

All good on zc. Holding tight and doing my thing and letting life cruise on by with simplicity and good eating when it does come to my eating plan! All I can do and when I do it that way, for me personally, I get tons of benefits and results.

We got this Carnivores! Roar loud and attack what you desire! Carnivores don’t back off, we prey on what we do want and we go in for the kill to get success and flourish :crazy_face:, yea corny I know HAHA

OK, don’t do this! :crazy_face:

Read it and say HECK NO and forget this hack and NIPE to all all 'it’s promised glory"!!!

This is a carnivore hack. Yes I get why the user did it. Experimental time for sure. Something to research and check out and observe etc.

This, while could easily work for many to lose lbs way faster, and this is all this is about ya know, how fast can I starve my azz down the scale on carnivore BUT feel like I am eating a ton when in reality, it is a numbers game of low kcals and ‘fasting for 48 hrs’ thru even hungry times? and more.

I wouldn’t touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole because zero carb is heal thru food intake. All the food your body asks for when it needs it. That is how all new people starting carnivore should approach this plan.

This Brad Marshall guy is not a carnivore. Is not on this plan. He is an ‘experimenter’ and ‘brand seller of products’ to support his experiments so in the end, while I get what he is implying, showing, experimenting on and more is in the carnivore diet realm now, this is not a true carnivore concept of what our plan is about at all.

Nah, don’t give this crap another thought.

I will tell you what to give thought to :slight_smile: eat. eat all the food you need, and let a natural nourished body tell you ‘you are not hungry now for X many hrs’ til ya are hungry again and then ya eat again HAHA

Do not suck down tons of ‘extra fat’ to curb appetite cause the newbie zc person on plan requires meat/seafood FOOD to nourish and feed the body which will make it repair internally and balance hormones and more. You start 'tweaking/manipulating/pretending you can control the ‘diet to this level’ you are sorely mistaken…and that is why all diets fail. We can not control these experimental standards for long. At some point we jump ship the cause the body says, OMG I can’t do this anymore! and ya can’t LOL

So do basic simple zero carb. Carnivore is eat eat eat all you need at all times, then thru a natural change and healing, your body will say I do not require food. And you don’t eat. Then your body says feed me, ya eat…then it says, nah, not hungry so you don’t eat…SEE ALL a natural progression. No hacking required :slight_smile:

any mimic feast/famine forced plan will never work long term. Carnivore works long term if we go at it in the simple concepts as it was meant to be.

so that is my info on that stuff :wink:

remember too everyone, that before we 'go off and find the miracle pill in a bottle or a ‘hack’ to follow so strict and HOPE we can get stellar results overnight as promised and then hope to hold all this fantasy…why not just try the plan as intended? Like we KNOW what carnivore is yet we ‘look right around’ that simple truthful concept of how the plan must function for us to get the best out of it.

give it up everyone with hacks, magic pills, magic plans and insanity.

Just do Carnivore as it is meant to be done when we start. Just eat. Eat ALL YOU need at all times. Don’t eat when not hungry…but the most important, EAT til full and happy and never not do this!!! This is what gets us thru into our plan and time for changes to happen and show us evolving and more. We eat :slight_smile: Again, worst and hardest concept to accept!!! I know, I could barely accept it cause no way I was ‘allowed to eat’ to find health cause not one other plan in life ever gave me that option. It was 'eat less; eat this, not that ever, don’t eat after 6, drink this protein powder and eat only 150 kcals with it and every single other hack BS plan out there LOL It is limit, tweak, manipulate and control something you can’t truly control. Why try to control anything when the zero carb plan is eat eat eat eat and eat all ya need at all times :slight_smile: Darn this plan suited my butt for sure in the end…but that only happened when I did one thing. I ate all I needed any time I needed it and guys did I eat monsterous some days and I thought NO WAY this works, but yea it works, :wink:, I know personally cause it did for me and 10s of thousands of others on this plan and thriving so???

do something radical…let loose and eat eat eat, wooooo, yea it is a scary concept actually LOL

in full truth run run and run as fast as you can from this useless BS of what health and vitality should be…RUN!

(Edith) #363

@FrankoBear, I think you are stuck in the Ketoland mindset of needing fasting/intermittent fasting. I think it is causing you problems with really getting into your carnivore trial.

I do believe, now based on my short time doing strict carnivore, that you need to follow the experts advice and not limit your intake for now.

good post VE cause that was me truly and it could easily apply to FB and any other newbie into carnivore. I was a ‘plan controller’ with whatever plan I was on…lc/keto/paleo, whatever ya call it :wink: but it ‘had limits’ I had to comply with and there were quite a few of them.

Carnivore is unlimited food. Carnivore holds one thing as strict and tight—NO carbs from plant matter as a meal. Yes, some herbs to flavor meat is fine cause it is not a meal ya know, it is a tad of flavor for enjoyment but we ONLY do this if those herbs/spices don’t upset our bodies cause some zc people can and will use herbs/spices even longer on plan while another has to give them up fast cause they make them ill in some way.

So I sure get your post and what you are saying to FB! It is a real truth that has to be seen. We are ‘conditioned’ to ‘do a plan’ for ‘dieting’ and carnivore flips that controlled eating on its butt!

good insight!!

(Edith) #365

There was some model a while back who was given a hard time about saying,”Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”

I can see why that quote could maybe be problematic, particularly for teenage girls who may want to try starving themselves, but I think it’s an accurate statement. Yes, delicious junk tastes good, but at what cost to health and waistline? Is the taste worth what is does to one’s body?

By carnivore, you found your solution @Fangs. You ditched all those carbs and you are getting thinner. Those carbs are not worth losing that satisfaction you get from seeing the pounds drop, your body restructuring itself, and how healthy you are feeling. Congratulations.

So agree with you on this VE…problematic for possible eating disorders thru what the statement is and could mean to many…but yes yes yes, it is totally true in that one feels better being more ‘skinny’ but that statement is worded so wrong in a way LOL but I sure get that you are saying.

We ZCers here will make a new one for us!! Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels! Hey sounds good to me!! But ya know what ALL my meat and seafood is so darn tasty to boot and I can eat a ton of it HA

I applaud, thank, am so grateful to long term people on carnivore plan that told me what to expect. How to walk this walk. How to find what they always screamed about what great health, vitality, energy and more they have achieved and any med issues they are solving and changing and ONLY thru those that walked this first can I put all my achievements towards cause they made me. They helped me and they took time to help me. It was only when I listened and could find myself in a place to finally listen did it all come together for me.

My super model days are long behind me HAHA, ain’t getting back age 18 anymore but I know going into my retirement years they will be healthy and active and vibrant vs. ‘thanksgiving day sluggy lifestyle’ and being a couch tater in my later years :slight_smile: that is all I wanted, renewed interest, activity, health in life and I am achieving just that, slowly, one day at a time, just thru eating well! Whew…I feel like I finally got somewhere ya know :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

and VE I see you getting there also! You are doing for you on what it takes, keeping your eyes open and evaluating you thru this and that is what it takes, but never go ‘too far’ from carnivore concept, when in doubt, eat and eat well!!!

(Polly) #367

Yes I agree Nocarbvember has a ring to it!

(Polly) #368

Yes, happy anniversary from me too. xx

Make that a BIG C in that word for total prominence for what it truly means and the power it holds to us ZC people :raised_hands:
Just my extra to it :vulcan_salute:

Happy anniversary, Fangs! :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I am so, so far from carnivore now and it’s not nice. Well, my IF is very good on most days, it’s something especially off carnivore. I undereat on carnivore anyway. (But I never had carnivore or even anything very near to it for more than a few days yet. I am curious when it will change in November… I can’t imagine my body not wanting enough food for a longer time, that’s not me. Less than my energy need, fine, I have so much fat anyway but I don’t like to go too low - but I surely won’t force-feed myself ever. I have so many better ideas than that.)

I visited my aunt and couldn’t eat my usual food. Well… From my new viewpoint, the plentiful meaty stuff there is definitely lacking. Especially that the main food is chicken thighs/legs. No way I ever can satiated with it for a normal meal. Because sometimes a tiny food is enough, very rarely… I wasn’t even particularly hungry but it was 7pm, the first (and last) meal of the day… I ate 11 smallish drumsticks/thighs, I had enough at 8 already but a bit later I ate more… And I was so, so hungry. Chicken is totally good for for satiation but it’s too lean alone. I ate some pork skin I brought with me but it was little. And the next day when we normally go shopping, was a national holiday… It didn’t help.

Warning, the next paragraphs will be about fruits.
We didn’t bring home a ton of apples this time as that part of the country (famous for its apples) had bad weather in the spring and the apples suffered greatly. It’s good it’s not my problem but poor folks living from it. We still bought a little, it’s for Alvaro’s this time - but me and apples, it’s not a good combo since years. It was the first fruit my body had problems with (and dates triggered chaos with record high sugar consumption in one sitting but they never was important for me while I liked apples a lot when I was way younger)… I never figured out why an apple feels bad when a banana never does, maybe because the apple is acidic… But the apples may be worse than grapes… Whatever.
Alvaro bought other fruits though, a huge ananas, some pears and a ton of bananas (they are on sale a lot)… And 15 kg potatoes - a bit much for him but maybe not. I can make great baked goods with it, it has a proper Hungarian name and it’s a huge thing here but I can’t say it in English.

But then we went to a hypermarket and got some meat. So, so much plastic for a little meat, we won’t do it often for sure. It’s time to find the butcher’s shop in the next village!
We bought turkey wings (we liked turkey meat better than chicken), turkey liver (yay!!! a new kinds of liver, I never ate any!), some meaty pig bones (for broth :)) and pig meat for a dish that isn’t carnivore but it only has some sauerkraut and maybe onions (and paprika, obviously). The original has lots of rice but that’s clearly totally unnecessary, just makes the flavor less rich (and people use rice AND bread, imagine that). Good enough for October, I start November being more strict… I actually wanted to be super strict but it would be very sad without stew. Stews are the best. Liver is unusual enough without onions but stews can’t happen like that. I think. Maybe they still would be good (lots of paprika still would be included. and the nice meat that is good all alone. well with salt, I need that), we just can’t call them Hungarian stews…?
We will see, I will do what I can without huge sacrifices like that.

My precious eggs. I didn’t really miss them, I missed some FOOD. With a high fat content. I think I will focus more on egg yolks on November. It’s not like I have many options if I want to balance out my cheap, tasty but too lean fowls. And of course, i shouldn’t eat much from them. But sometimes I probably will…? We will see. I only add much added fat to my livers and while I will buy pork, it won’t be very much. (By the way, we saw beautiful beef today. Expensive but not insanely so, it was a half year already, I think we will buy a little piece in November. The beef farm has cheaper cuts from a better source, that’s our only way for a somewhat bigger amount. But we will take a look at the butcher’s shop too. I take November seriously, I want to do it as proper as someone like me can while making my life easy too.)

I still have more energy than usual with similar circumstances… If it stays like this, I expect tiny miracles in November :smiley: But I shouldn’t mess with myself in the remaining time until that. Well, I am a hedonist and I am back to my home with supplies. It should be good. But I don’t really try anything, just being good to myself.

I start my zero carb eating plan every day. I’m not waiting for NoCarbvember, NoCrapvember.

Fangs’ anniversary is our carnivore challenge anniversary. The anniversary marks a year of challenges and learning. A year of camaraderie and trying to apply the lessons.

We rode this buckeroo through the height of a global pandemic and the wider spreading impact of it in our lives and community. We just wrapped our hands in its wild mane and held on, fell off, and got back on. The plan stayed steady it was ourselves that were bucking around. I got to stop bucking around and do his properly.

Every day back on the horse. It’s a wild ride. I am not going to lie on the ground in a puddle of regret. Every day get back up and on the bronco having learned a bit more how to ride.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #372

@Fangs Happy Anniversary Fangsy. @Shinita Welcome back.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I had roast beef for lunch. Honestly I am SO sick of potatoes and veggies and bread… And forget the deserts nope. But i have the old lady my custard and I’m glad cos it’s all she could eat… I feel like talking to people in here but the MOMENT I start being brave… New ones come in and hide behind the curtain. Sigh. Sucks my Mum’s in Africa or I would call her… And I’m NOT calling my cranky grandpa. Or I’ll get lectured and that will make me cranky.:see_no_evil:. I can’t even do my crazy voice recordings in here cos I will be a damn nuisance. I’m SO bored in bed. So I keep walking outside but day 11 without the toilet. I got xrays… to see how compacted I am. I wanted my damn x-ray pic SO bad… not fair. WHO WOULDN’T WANT A PHOTO OF THEIR SKELETON!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. I am bored of food right now… but it’s probably the Zoloft… my Mum’s on it and she said it happened to her, but it goes away. Its taken away my damn taste buds. Can’t believe it’s almost November… quite freaky really.:scream:. Sorry I’m rambling… I am bored as hell in a drain.:fire:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #373

@Shinita Actually happy Keto Forum Anniversary to you too my beautiful friend…You joined a year ago.:heart:. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mostly my very undisciplined inner thoughts, sometimes turbulent ones, I warn you. So, braindump.

@Bubby1, Oh indeed, I wasn’t here when I had my anniversary 2 days ago :slight_smile:

I restart my carnivore-ish times all the time, just not now. November will be so long, end of October was very seriously “planned” not-carnivore. But I mess up my plans anyway, I eat whatever I want all the time, just with very different attitude, determination and vague plans. They change my desires. Because I decided I will have a carni November, it will be super hard to get tempted by anything non-carni, I imagine. At least the first week will be a breeze, I probably will get ideas later but that’s only some light mental thing, no compulsions, I can deal with that. I will buy enough meat so I expect no problems at all. My real hardships always happen when I have no normal meat for a too long time. I can do even a completely meatless carni day or two but then things get tricky even when I add 40g smoked pork or something. Desserts could help, I always used them to keep eating eggs but I don’t eat most desserts on carni. Not even ice cream and I love that. It’s not totally carni but close enough (except my original, that’s only keto but dairy free. I can’t make ice cream only from eggs, I need something else and if it’s not dairy, it must be some plants, quite little, actually but somewhat carby).

But I am an optimist. There are possible pitfalls I guess. I just can’t believe they will be serious. I got used to meat and I even missed it many times in the last year. I probably would hate it if I ate much meat every day for a week (except with huge variety. salmon/mutton/turkey/pork/chicken/liver, that would have a bigger chance. I only have a little pork, turkey and turkey liver right now. amount matters even before I run out as I start to spare meat when it’s little. and I have hake fish that I ignore very, very much since I realized turkey is way cheaper. and so much better) just like I hate if I live on eggs and not much else (I last for 1-2 days) but meat and eggs with a little dairy? It sounds perfect longer term.

Outside of my dedicated carni times (like my November), it’s trickier. Especially with Alvaro and his carbs around. And my fruit garden. It’s very weird as I feel no desire, just compulsion to use the chance, probably with other threads, nostalgy, knowing the stuff is tasty, rebellious inner self… Annoying thing. As I lost my desire and it seems, it is needed to enjoy things, I just register the taste and get about zero joy of it. It doesn’t worth it but compulsions aren’t logical things. It feels worse than not eating it but compulsions are stronger than my hedonism if I don’t actually suffer much.
At least I am at home. If I have normal food, I prefer that and the strongest compulsions allied with “but it’s the only chance until December” (it’s super weak, I mostly lost this dieting idiotic thing since ages - it actually helped that I always could eat what I wanted if I had it, I don’t force things upon myself. just have some determined plans, they are effective :)) can’t make me do more than tasting some carbier thing… I hope… we will see. I like experiments, oh yes, that’s another ally of them…
I never do this determined carni month thing again, it has a bad effect on the previous time - and anyway, I don’t need it. When I am “free” (I always am but well, you understand. I take my decision about November seriously) and already had some carni days, I have momentum, I have no troublesome desire… Unless I run out of meat… So things are fine and safe enough. But 30 days seem so long (at least it’s 30 days and not 31… maybe I should do a carni February too :D)… If I add more in front of it, I don’t believe in myself enough. But I like my carni days so much better. But that was always so temporal until now. But I am curious. Once I ate nothing for 5 days (I ate HCHF back then, so not fat adapted but it doesn’t matter much. lots of people do EF without it) out of sheer curiosity… A carni month with enough eggs and meat sounds easy. But 30 days… Okay, I did keto for 7 weeks then. But that was novelty and carni lost that a bit.

I stop this braindump. Sorry, you are all proper people trying to do carni and I am a lil hedonist who doesn’t want to restrict herself at all. At a loss as eating whatever feels bad. My parts want different things. My body always wants to be super close to carnivore. My hedonism points into the same direction. It helps but I have other parts and circumstances. And the knowledge that I could eat 200g sugar without feeling even uncomfortable though it still changes things for the worse a tiny bit (it’s one time, not every day. if I ate a lot of vegetables every day, I would be seriously carb poisoned in a week. for some reason, my weekly carb intake matters much more than sugar in one sitting. as long as I eat a ton of fatty protein right after. not before, not with it, afterwards). It would be way easier if I would suffer but I still prefer my resilient body and options. I don’t want to feel forced.

So 7 days are left. I haven’t any idea how they will look like, I just know I won’t eat much carbs. I used up my quota and more at my aunts despite all the meat. I still didn’t get used to how much meat I need if I don’t want to eat much else. And no amount is right if it’s too lean like chicken thighs. Wait, I looked at some data, they are allegedly fatty. Yeah, all the skin, I understand but… In the end I am like Fangs so chicken alone can’t satiate me? I feel it’s satiating, it helps, just can’t work all alone and it feels so tender and not substantial… Beef worked so perfectly though, 600g was enough for a whole day, I was super full. It happened once and ruminant meat and pork always feel much more substantial.
I need to do more experiments :slight_smile: Like, I eat some eggs - and then try to get satiated using a single type of meat.

I probably shouldn’t think about food at all. Sometimes it’s not a good idea. Especially when I start to play with recipes but I lowered the power of this compulsion, I write down the recipes and wait.
I have some items I want to use up already as I don’t throw out food, nope, it won’t happen. I try to make stuff with them that Alvaro is willing to eat…
So many things are against me… And I so don’t use willpower if it’s about eating, it’s some principle of mine :slight_smile: I want natural things, I only train myself, decide things (vaguely, November is a tad scary as I didn’t do such a definite decision since years. well I did when I had my first carni trials but they were for days only!), have fun experiments, persuade myself about things but it’s not very strong… And find to make my woe tastier and tastier as time passes. I never start a new woe unless I enjoy the food more. I would if it would be about my health very seriously but I am lucky. The healthiest food is the tastiest. it doesn’t mean some unhealthy ones can’t be super tasty or even addictive… But good food has the biggest charm. Even being exotic/rare can’t help the worse ones as much as before and it had huge power on me in the past. I like A way more than B and I mostly choose it over the other. But as time passes and I had A all the time and B not since ages, B gets more tempting - I love variety, after all. Then I go back to my favorite A. And if B is only there for a very limited time? It may make it irresistible.
It’s not always easy to be me :slight_smile: But it’s not so bad. Just slow.

November should make it quicker. Already my few tiny carni times did way more than keto (except fat adaptation, I never ever forget I can thank keto for it). Probably the timing was very lucky as well, carnivore is building of my (not always very visible) results of my last decade but I definitely crossed some limit and entered a different world. I thought it’s all about net carbs and I am still sure it’s a very big part of it but probably not all. But I can’t try normal keto with less net carbs… If I won’t have meat for a while, maybe I will try it to some extent but I still can’t add back vegetables… And I won’t try everything, animals + veggies, animals + nuts, animals + gluten etc. I want my ideal woe, not figuring out what exactly was my problem. My body now probably reacts differently anyway than back then.

Heya Peeps!
Feeling SO GOOD! It took a bit to get the ZC mojo back, but wow! Feeling great- even with cold air, snow, and slush. This is the second year now, that my knees don’t hurt in cold weather. So blessed to have you all here- gettin’ me back on track.

Worked all day yesterday, came home, and spent half on hour on my knees, half inside my stove replacing the ignitor. Cooked dinner, washed a TON of dishes, cooked extra food for today while Im at work…yep. Did not stop.

Eats yesterday:
Double Liquid chicken
beef, turkey, and a little cheese for lunch
chicken, bacon and cheese - for dinner.
Not hungry for snacks.

Gotta get ready for work now- but blessings and hugs to you all!

and that sums it up. One thing we can do is share info that worked for us, what worked for others we learned thru their long term success and pass it along, and pick and choose those things that do work for us and discard the rest. Eventually we ‘own it’ ya know. Took me a few good years to ‘own’ truly what carbs did to me, I fought it like hell but once I went all in with zc and said ‘I give up! I can’t fight this crap no more’ and just did the plan, omg the peace came instantly.

Let it go…let your old carb life go…just give in to zc, but it is a good give in, not a bad give in :slight_smile:

We got each other. No matter what little goals we want to achieve, how we need to change up things for us on a daily basis to make it work…we can bounce it off each other!

THANKS! Feel for ya B stuck there and bored and just wanting out to get home and recover! Hoping things move fast for you soon and they get everything squared away. Just chill best ya can, your release will come and you can rest and heal up then!!

you work on whatever plan will suit you and one you can do long term and enjoy good health improvements. that is all any of us can do

but I have to say, that is kinda too much darn fruit chat for me LOL we don’t eat that and I have to say to read it, hmmm, it ain’t helping me too much on that conversation :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Your chat is fun to read of course but too much fruit/carb chat might start to kill some of us on this thread…just saying a bit cause I know it is kinda getting me a tad LOL
Keeping the thread with less carby food chat in it does help all of us zc people.

SO SO happy for you. You didn’t go off much at all and it is great you feel so good so fast back on. Just remember those times :slight_smile: Off means icky feeling, on plan means life and vibrancy! I sure had to remember that over the years :wink:

Be sure you eat well too. Very important. I say that to me, you, FB, VE and every single one of us. Eat good ZC…it means the world to us.

I have to watch me.

I have to be careful now.

I was in ‘stalking the kitchen’ mood the other day but held plan easily thru that PIA time.

last night hubby brought home fried fish crap from his fish shack he loves for him and kid. Ugh…I stole 1 giant french fry from my kid’s plate and ate ‘‘fried’’ shrimp from hubby’s plate but I did take off the breading, well most of it HAHA and believe me, I wanted to keep on eating that crap. I was damn near all in going batshit crazy over carbs. It took alot to walk away from that and talk myself off the damn ledge.

It is rare I go down this road anymore, but I sure as heck am not immune to carbs at all. There is no ever!! being off those carbs calling my name. I can control it IF I EAT well on zc and I do just that. That is my fix. So darn I am going to get myself point blank out of this ‘carbs on my mind’ situation right now! I don’t excuse, play or pretend with myself anymore, I gotta nip this crap now and that is just what I am going to do! There is no going back ever for me.

BUT THIS IS HOW IT STARTS!

I know me. I know how sneaky I am pretending to pull the wool over my eyes. I know right where my evil carby monster wants to take me and I am putting down the darn hammer hard right now.

I usually don’t eat earlier in the day, but at 10 I am eating almost a lb. ny strip steak and 1/2 jumbo shrimp. I am not allowing myself to get hungry at all in any way today. I know me, any type of real hunger will mean my mind will say, hmmm…and my only combat is friggin’ eat zc til the cows come home, (and I eat them too! :))

after steak and shrimp when hungry again I got another steak but he is that thin cut one, will pair up with cheeseburger patty.

and if later this evening I get ANY TINGE of hunger I got chicken already cooked, along with a tin of sardines or might fry up a few more burgers.

I got my arsenal of food around me and ready to go at all times. I must have food right at my finger tips.

And this is ALL friggin’ mind games. I hate when these hit me. They annoy me, irk me, exhaust me cause my mind starts to get on that hamster wheel of caving in and then I just get so out of balance. I won’t allow this to go any further :slight_smile: Mindset back to full focus and eating full zc and that is my ‘cure’ to the stupid times in my life that wanna take me down LOL ugh ya know…

So for me it is eat and eat big and smile while doing just that!!

All in zc thoughts. All in zc foods. All in focus on eating and enjoying the heck out of it.

Plus gonna hit the store cause they got a sale going on country style big old fat pork ribs and I am gonna buy a few packs, cook up 1 whole package today and have that as an eating backup in the fridge.

when I list what I eat tomorrow you guys will be like, huh? she ate all that, you are darn right I did LOL

OK I will talk NO more carb talk. It is all zc now. All about the meat/seafood/fish in my life and not one thought on other nasty crap in my life!

whew…had to vent that out :slight_smile: :sunny:

(Edith) #378

Maybe you are just kidding yourself about this? You say you can take or leave carbs and sugar, but truly doesn’t sound like it. I think you need to be truly honest with yourself about how carbs and sugar affects you. If you cannot go completely carnivore, you can still minimize your carbs by only eating very low carb vegetables. They will keep the cravings and hedonism to a minimum.

I am very honest, too much if you ask me. I analyze myself a lot, it’s not easy to see clearly but that’s how I see things. I obviously only can talk about how I FEEL as I can’t see what happens in the deep. Even a bigger amount of sugar doesn’t make me very unwell if I know what am I doing, it’s a simple observation. I still try to avoid it, of course but sometimes I have problematic times. October was worse than usual due to various reasons. And November will be my best ever even if I manage to fail somehow. I would be super surprised if I could fail epically. (It would hurt my pride more than even a month long EF could hurt :smiley: Another safety measure that I talked about it here so much. But I really don’t think it should be particularly hard at all.)

I don’ think I ever wrote I can take or leave carbs and sugar. No… I always will eat sugar, I never wanted to stop that yet. Just lower the amount and try carnivore for a single month. Or single winter. That’s temporal. And I am open so if my body and mind will have an agreement, I do whatever is the decision unless I get tempted. Something like this. It goes well, I lost a lot of desire without doing much for it. I am still very sensitive to temptation, if I get tempted, I eat the stuff, I work like that and never want to change. I just don’t get tempted so easily nowadays and if I stick to anything close to carnivore, it immediately gets even better. My body is very “good” now, it doesn’t want carbs. So the physical aspect is okay, the others still easily cause problems. But I wrote about that.

I definitely won’t eat very low carb vegetables. It’s in the past, they makes NO SENSE to me - except my tiny amount I do use now and then. A slice of pepper or cucumber or half a gherkin, that type of thing. Then I have my higher-carb vegetables in small amounts as on keto just even less (and the amount just gets tinier. now that I make broth, I don’t need them for my soups). I never could stand green leaves even when I considered 1 kg vegetable a day less than minimal. Cauliflower is low-carb according to many people, well, I couldn’t fit it into my 40g net carb limit back then… Vegetables are fricking carby, it was a huge relief to lose my major carb source. When I tried carnivore for a few days less than a year ago, I was pretty much over vegetables already. And it never came back. I have some favs I use in tiny amounts, occasionally, always along with (or in) my normal food. That’s it. When I eat carbs, that’s something different. Vegetables aren’t even good for satiation except legumes, they just make me hungry.
Nope, vegetables won’t be one of my main carb sources in the near future, I don’t say never but the chance seems to be tiny. And if it changes, keto will be pretty much out as my ketosis carb limit is only around 45g net carbs and it’s too little for a significant amount of vegetables and my other carb sources. I did it on vegetarian keto but I missed my vegetables during that time so I never was willing to do it for long. (Once I spent almost 200g net carbs on vegetables, nuts and whatnots on a strict paleo day where the highest-carb options were out. Mostly on vegetables. I didn’t reach this number by eating bananas or paleo starches like some paleoers. I LOVED vegetables, in… proper amounts. I don’t really wish to bring back those times, I fought for a decade to lower my vegetable consumption and I am very pleased with the result. 80g actually wasn’t hard but keto is just too low-carb for some substantial amount of vegetables.)

Hedonism must be at a maximum. I am a hedonist. I must enjoy the hell out of things. If I don’t, I am out immediately. Only my health is more important but I mostly focus on how I feel. My body is good at telling me what it wants from me. I always listen but don’t always act accordingly, I need to get better at this.

I don’t think I have cravings since ages though I am not sure what “cravings” are. But I don’t have those using my own definition. I almost never desire the carbs I eat and I usually don’t even enjoy them (I feel the taste only but it’s very dead, cold without something else I seemingly lack now). Vegetables makes everything way, way worse. There is a reason I avoid them (except the tiny amounts but I will be more strict in November) and it’s natural, I can’t eat much vegetables if I try. I just stop. It’s hard for me to eat food I don’t want especially if they give me nothing. Pointless, really. I can’t eat them but if I could, they would make me hungrier, they probably would make me want higher-carb stuff, I would overeat again… I really don’t see what they would be good for…? Back then I enjoyed them and needed them, things didn’t work without them. So I tolerated their bad aspects but now they are simply all negative. It’s over between me and most vegetables or any in significant amounts.

It’s needless to think about these things, we will see what November will bring. I surely won’t be the same person afterwards - extrapolation from the big changes just because I went a bit close to carni now and then. I finally have the right circumstances, I will do this.
But my best bet is trying to do carni anyway. That way I will do some nice keto, better than ever. If I allow plants by default, I will eat too much carbs and there will be chaos in a few days and I feel bad. No, adding carbs is not my way. I can go away, I already wrote a few times I would understand if I was not welcomed here (it would be the best for me, actually… I am an addict) but I will keep myself from carbs as best as I actually can. It’s sometimes still too much but if I don’t even try, that is something scary and extremely antihedonistic. I can’t do that.

Really, no vegetables. It’s a bad idea. I finally kind of got rid of them, I have so many other problems, let the solved ones stay solved.

(Edith) #380

I think this is true for almost all of us. Eating is not only to nourish our bodies, it is also social. It think the social eating is part of who we are as a species. We naturally want to share in what the people around us are eating. This natural instinct has to be pushed aside if no one else around us eats the same way we do.

Self-control has its limits, especially if we maybe have other stressors going on in our lives. But, you held strong @fangs. Good for you.