OXtoberFest ZC Challenge

yea I bet ‘social gathering’ type events like this are more on the ‘might not schedule it’ list then they are on the ‘lets throw more and more’ of them list LOL Plus with holidays floating around now so much gets busy but hopefully after the new year more will be scheduled.

omg I know this one cause my kid calls me a dinosaur all the time!

In fact she asked me about ‘the 50s’ technology and she knows I was born in 1961 but assumed I had more than enough knowledge of the old days…come on, give me a break ya know HAHA

Hey it is ok to go off plan when starting, most of us sorta have this experience as we change into this eating lifestyle. Sometimes we go back a bit but key to it all is what you do for the next meals. You hold your plan and let zc just melt over you again and make your life simple and get all those good zc benefits. I had some blips when I started out and yea it can be hard to ‘bring the mindset on vacation’ for sure. I get that. Also you need to ‘prepare’ for days away more in your mind. How ya wanna cope with them. It takes a bit of work but all of us in the end figure it out how to eat on plan when eating out and away from home extended times and such. Just a few steps to work that out in your mind and you will be more tight to hold plan later down the line thru social events and more. We all have to walk this part. Make strategy for us in life.

Vinyls…wow…cool

The vinyls are one thing…the solid state Deluxeh luxe is another!

fy

Less blurry…

(Edith) #305

You’ve had some good suggestions including the one about taking a little break. Many exercise programs have breaks scheduled into them about every four weeks. The break isn’t necessarily not exercising but a week of gentler exercises. Even running workouts will have three or four weeks of building up mileage and then a week where you drop back in the mileage, just to start building up again after the “break.”

Also, you really don’t always want to do the same things. It’s good to work a variety of body parts. Everything is connected in someway. You can get yourself out of balance by only working the same few muscles.

Next, there is something called over training.
The number one symptom of overtraining is plateauing or getting weaker. Because you are always working those same muscles in the exact same way, you could be overtraining them.

I would find some new exercises to do and alternate with some other new exercises. Give the ones you’ve been doing for the past six months a break.

I have a book I use called “You are Your Own Gym.” It’s all body weight exercises that you can do at home. He even gives modifications that you can do to build yourself up from beginner to more advanced. It covers all body parts and many of the exercises work multiple muscle groups. It might give you some ideas for other strengthening exercises.

You many want to post your question under the exercise category where others can weigh in with ideas.

(Heather) #306

Thank you, Edith! That is very helpful information.

Back on plan now. Yesterday and today, breakfast has been the Liquid Chicken Latte. (Fresh eggs, hot coffee, a little HWC blasted with the immersion blender.). Thinking I’ve Od’d on beef a bit, so I went for turkey and chicken. Had turkey bacon, and some chicken thighs for actual food. Today, I’m taking leftover chicken to work for lunch.

Its way too early, but it started snowing here last week. Got 4 inches coming this afternoon. Should make it a fun drive to work tomorrow! LOL!

(Edith) #308

I’m very happy with Virginia winter where the really cold winter temperatures only occur in January and February.

(Edith) #309

Yesterday was a low food day. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. I smoked a pork shoulder roast that finished cooking by mid afternoon,
and when I shredded it, I ate a fair bit. Then I wasn’t hungry for the rest of the day.

So far, I’m still not hungry, so will wait until after my morning exercise for breakfast.

@Fangs, how is your husband doing? Is everyone else staying healthy so far?

(Alex) #310

@SecondBreakfast I gotta say, while I’m sure the liquid chicken latte is delicious the name is making me squirm a bit :sweat_smile:

VE, yea he is much improved on the meds the Dr gave him. Luckily I am eating so well on zero carb and am boosting my immune system and I took a boatload of OTC meds for symptoms, heck I woke up without any sicky icky taste. So I feel fab, hubby is improving good now and kid never got it. Knocking on wood around here all stays quiet on the sick front LOL

food yesterday was

10 oz. NY strip steak
8 slices bacon
12 oz T-bone steak
few slices of taylor ham
1 tin of sardines

that was all I could handle. holding my 1.5 lbs. lost for OxtoberFest and doing very well. I am really enjoying my sardines. I hit extra good sales on the NY strip steaks so I got more so right now I am in a ‘good meat zone’ in the freezer.

Right now I don’t have a hankering for anything. You know sometimes I get that, I need seafood, or I require a bacon taste or whatever…right now I am on auto pilot. Beef steaks are my MUST have.

Had low sale on whole chickens. First meal NY strip steak and then tonight roasting a whole chicken for family dinner…so will just eat some of that and probably pair that chicken up with taylor ham or something.

I am in an easy peasy eating zone. I love it.

Remember Carnivores. We eat 100% animal kingdom only foods.
ANIMAL kingdom is the key words here LOL Eat up all the meat/seafood/fresh fish you love and don’t think twice about it…nourish the body to the ultimate and be a vibrant individual. The plan is super simple, just keep it that way and ya got’er made in the shade. Real Carnivores eat animal kingdom only :slight_smile: Roar HAHA This is how we heal and get the zero carb great benefits from this plan :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

busy busy today. not a fan of busy days anymore, but off I go to get stuff handled. everyone have a great zero carb day! Soldier on!

(Kellyn ) #312

We won our volleyball game last night in 3 games so I got a lot of exercise running around the court. My husband slow cooked some pork ribs while we were gone for the volleyball game so they were nice and tender when I got home. I have been loving eating 3 eggs scrabbled in butter every morning and brought my beef patties for lunch. I bought some bones with marrow from the store but I have no idea how to cook them. Anyone here ever cooked bone marrow before?

(Alex) #313

I haven’t used them for anything other than bone broth, but I did buy some once that had been cut length-ways and suggested on the packet that they be roasted at 160C for 40 minutes and then sprinkled with some salt and eaten with a spoon.

I would defer to anyone that has actually tried this though for better advice :smiley:

you are a machine…cool! congrats.

bone marrow is YUM x 1000

easy to do. roast high heat. high heat is needed to separate it from the bone and just use some salt/pepper to taste or not if you prefer. use a spoon and just enjoy the creamy goodness! You can also spread it as a topping on other meats if you desire…or seafood if you would like to do that. It is one of the easiest things to roast. High heat, about 25 mins. or so and cool a bit and enjoy any and all ways ya wanna eat it! Food of the Gods HA

(Kellyn ) #315

Thank you! I’m definitely cooking it tonight. :drooling_face:

Wish I had never seen this picture. I’ve had Semper Fidelis playing in my head ALL MORNING!

:slight_smile:

and no kidding I had all my old tapes of John Denver playing in my head and my old Chicago albums, Springsteen and more…oh darn we had it made didn’t we LOL …brings us all back and I am a super OLDies movie buff, Garbo, Gable, Davis, Crawford, Darnell, Steward and more so yea this all floats my boat :wink:

(Edith) #318

Today was a little low again on quantity. It must have something to do with pulled pork. It fills me up fast and keeps me satisfied for many hours.

Breakfast:
2 eggs
3 slices bacon
3 slices Canadian bacon
Left over steak

Dinner:
Salami - a snack just before dinner
Pulled pork
2 eggs

November will be here soon. I’m already planning on continuing the experiment. It could be my imagination, but I’m not feeling quite as crippled in the evenings with my back.

(Alex) #319

That’s awesome! I’m planning to continue too. Sat here at 5.20am UK time ready to start the day, which is a world of difference from pre-zc when I would be grumbling when the alarm went off at 8.

Yesterday’s food log is short and sweet:
(1/2lb beef burger (70/30) + butter) x 3

(Alex) #320

@KellynP Did you continue with your experiment on lowering your added salt? Asking because I’ve realised that I’ve stopped adding salt to my food and it tastes fine and I feel great, no cramps or palpitations or anything.

The butter I use is salted so I’m getting a little bit, but I’m no longer adding a tsp of sea salt to every meal.