Out of ketosis, 2 months in

I had tried keto and Atkins a lot in the past, never making it past 2 weeks, if that. Gave up for a few years, back on it since January. A bit more knowledge on the subject goes a Long way into helping you stay on the horse! However since January I´ve still struggled with going Long-term.

Right now, Í´ve been in ketosis for 2 months. That´s an all-time high for me and it´s insanely rewarding. I now understand why People kept saying it was so easy, while I always felt it was hard- When you don´t go past the few weeks, it seems hard because it is - until it isn´t anymore! After the first month I can say my cravings were completely gone. I had all sorts of temptations while spending 2 weeks back in my family´s home, but didn´t cave. I didn´t want to. And to me, that´s an insanely foreign Feeling-not wanting carbs.

Today however I was Feeling off. I had a feast on friday, fasted through saturday and feasted again yesterday, while keeping it totally Zero carb for the last 4 days. I was off today, very lethargic, low energy. I snacked on a few too many low carb Snacks and eventually went into the bowl of sugary treats at work. This wasnt a binge, as it has been in the past, it was planned. in a way I wanted to test what it would feel like, if it would push me into a hardcore carb binge like so many times before. it didnt. The sugary treats didnt taste that good. WAY too sweet. I had to wash my mouth after a few pieces of milk chocolate. Im 100% sure Im out of ketosis “just” from These sugary treats but I´m not sweating it. Im Feeling much better and had a very productive day, as opposed to when I binged out on carbs and couldn´t move afterward. Maybe I really needed a few more carbs. maybe I could have had less. Either way, I´m planning a 24 hour fast and a Zero carb day again tomorrow to get me faster into ketosis, which Im confident will be easy since Im pretty sure I am fast adapted. It´s insanely liberating that I could have a few carby Snacks without completely derrailing.

I post this here to say, be strong, stick to it. Once you reach keto Adaptation you´ll lose the cravings, the desire to have that doughnut again, even if it seems impossible right now. I´m 100% a sugar addict. No question. And while going cold Turkey is usually easier (as an alcoholic simply not going into a bar), it felt really good that I was able to have a “beer” today without going back to old Habits.

p.s.: I post this in this area because, although my “cheat” was pretty much planned, I did fall out of ketosis, but I think we Need a bit of positivism surrounding “those” days around here. It´s all good, Ill be back on it in no time, no use crying about it. KCKO