Oops! Just horrified colleagues

(mags) #21

Oh wow! I am never without my little container of salt crystals and am dipping into it all day - especially when fasting. I have never seen rocks of salt like that tho…am impressed!

(Liz ) #22

I know! When I saw them in the specialty wine & cheese shop I snapped them up.

(mags) #23

I wonder if we have them in the UK. We have a saying that everything is bigger in America. I shall keep my eyes peeled.

(Liz ) #24

Here they sell very large pink salt rocks with a grater. Before I found this treasure tub of perfect sized nuggets, I would buy the large rocks & break them up with a hammer.

(Raj Seth) #25

Yeah. I bought a salt grater at Costco. They have Himalayan pink and White Sea salt graters. Wrench the grater thing is off. Keep the grater lid - it fits the de-gratered bottle perfectly. Direct access to the salt crystals

54709235319__6AF326F7-6B70-40F8-8803-A95083BDF20B.JPG

(Troy) #26

Wow😄
Nice
I had to take a quick pic for comparison!
That’s just like what I keep in my vehicle, as I mentioned . Lol

Except I have the finer cut…:joy:
Good street Cred quality
Drive around

“Bad boys , bad boys, what are you going to do…when they come for you”

(Candy Lind) #27

I keep wondering if it’s really too bright to keep this stevia stash in my fanny pack …
:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Troy) #28

You got me on that one!
Funny
That’s some serious questionable paraphernalia :smiley:
Just do not PM ME FOR bail​:joy::joy:

(Candy Lind) #29

My hubby & I use these little pill holders as geocache containers. Since we have a bunch of them around, I thought one would be good to use to take stevia along to restaurants for my iced tea. :grin:

(Liz ) #30

Haha! And here I was worried about a clear ziploc snack bag with one dose of glycine powder in my purse :rofl:

(Sophie) #31

I was very nervous taking my little ziplock baggie through Airport Security last year! :laughing:

(Brian) #32

I’ve wondered about stuff like that, too. Mostly, if I’m “carrying”, I’ll just have some of the little individual packs of Truvia which are labeled as such.

I would guess an officer would probably make some attempt to verify if you said it was stevia, probably with a little taste. (I have no idea what a controlled substance might taste like but I doubt it would taste anything like sugar.) If an officer made a big scene over a container like that of stevia, they’d probably be the butt of a lot of jokes for quite a long time.

(Raj Seth) #33

Yeah. Butt the cavity search that ensued would make a joke of your butt for a while too!! :joy::joy:

This is my first post here and I’m relatively new to keto. Been reading everything I can about this lifestyle for weight loss and health but haven’t hear about eating salt. I bought the hymalaian salt since it’s I. Keto recipes. Can someone explain the benefits of eating it plain, besides it helping with fasting. What I’ve read lately is fasting might not be the best thing for everyone on keto. Thx in advance.

That is the joy of being a woman of a certain age dressed in soccer mom garb, no matter what you do it does not attract attention!

I recently went to pick up something from a major airport by my house and my car got a flat while in the parking lot and the spare was bad. So I decided to have H pick me up and we would get the tire fixed and put it back on the car. The roadside guy who was a young guy gave me and the tire a ride to the terminal where H was picking me up (which I later questioned the wisdom of but hey you take the same risk every time you get into an Uber). There I am in zero degree weather with no luggage lugging a tire through a major airport terminal. No one even questioned it! The closest was a security guy who was holding the door for me and tire (too cold to wait outside) asked and I said if you are still interested when I get inside I will tell you. He was not interested enough!

(Ellen) #36

Hi Jeannie, I’m not very good with this techy stuff so I hope the below links work, helps with your electrolytes etc, also I’m one of those weirdos that actually likes salt. I’m sure if you have a look around you’ll find the actual science bits about it.

Thank you Ellen and all who’ve replied here.

I searched the multiple keto sites I regularly visit as well as the books I’ve purchased.

Couldn’t find any additional salt lick/Keto Diet info discussed in this forum.

Until now I’ve never heard “everyone knows the importance of salt with keto,” as one person posted.

It’s interesting but not for me.

I chose the keto lifestyle for its proven success, health benefits and weight loss. My weight loss stall will be in my rear view with a little patience. Thx again

Jeannie

(Bunny) #38

Call it a “Himalayan Energy Crystal” From the Book “Salt Lick Secrets” (that does not exist yet)!

(Liz ) #39

The importance of salt on keto is that high insulin levels cause your kidneys to retain water and salt in the body. When you lower your insulin by eating in the keto way, your kidneys flush out water and with it, salt. Salt is an electrolyte and a regulator. When you flush out all your salt and don’t replenish it you lose electrolyte balance and can feel bad (lower energy, headache, poor mood, etc). The solution is to ingest more salt than you are used to from before you were Keto. There are lots of ways to add it to your diet, put it in your food, make up an electrolyte drink with magnesium and potassium added, some of us like taking it straight in the form of pink salt crystals.

(Shayne) #40

I love to put it in coffee to smooth out the taste. :smile: