One Good Thing

(Sophie) #281

Today turned out to be such a beautiful day! We hit a high of 71°F and the sun was out and I got to spend the entire day with my sweet cousin. We had a wonderful time!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #282

Today I got home 1 1/2 hours late from work to find the wind had knocked the power out and my brother had been seething in the dark the entire time and two minutes into his rant the lights came on so I didn’t have to deal with it at all. Muahahahaha!

(Doug) #283

:smile:

(Sophie) #284

My house is cleaned and I’m looking forward to a nice fire tonight since it’s another damp, raw day.

(Running from stupidity) #285

Mine will be after today…

(KCKO, KCFO) #286

Just finished one the the easiest extended fasts, 88 hrs. I have ever done. Broke that fast with yummy smoked salmon benedict, minus the potatoes and English muffin part. The sun is back and the Rockies are gorgeous with the new snow cover.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #287

The new AC condenser hasn’t been stolen from my new listing. Owner getting a metal cage installed this week. Wish there was a rent-a-guard- dog service in the meantime. Next door neighbor’s condenser was stolen recently when he was on vacation. Makin me very nervous…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #288

All seven dresses I bought for $4 at the thrift store fit and only one needed minor alterations because it was too big. My uniform of cardigan, dress, leggings can live on.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #289

That’s a killer uniform!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #290

What’s yours?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #291

Jeans and tee-shirts when I’m not working. When working, jeans, nice tops, and boots in winter, sandals in summer. Basically, jeans. Dressed up or down.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #292

Jeans are my nemesis. They hurt. May be once I’m thinner my body won’t have such a hissy fit about them.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #293

Stretchy jeans or jeggings, girl! With a high waist for stomach coverage :joy:

(Janelle) #294

I interviewed 4 high school kids for a State Department language scholarship this weekend. I do it every year because these kids give me a little bit of hope/faith in the youth of America. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #295

Agree!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #296

I have literally worn jeans only for the last 20 years. They are my favorite. Maybe I should branch out!

(Running from stupidity) #297

Don’t the police do anything? Or is this a function of your locale?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #298

Hey - they make me approachable.

(Running from stupidity) #299

Wearing jeans only?

I guess…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #300

Stretchy skinny jeans are heaven. Did you miss the part about how my latest pair are a size 2!!! You get what you pay for. I had to pay 50 USD. Perfect fit. I honestly feel the same at 60 as I did at 40, so, sorry, I will wear what I want till the end. No flower patterns, glasses, or expandable waist bands here.