Ok, Mikki made me do it, first fast has begun

(eat more) #15

go you!!! :fire: :boom: :raised_hands:

yesterday i thought “man i felt way better not eating than i do today…maybe i should fast on super busy days” which is the opposite of what i thought before jumping in the fasting pool.

you rock!

(John) #16

Yeah doing this on the weekend seems harder, making food for people 3 meals a day. At least with work I have 10 hours or so of not thinking about/smelling food.

(eat more) #17

i think it’s way way more of a mental challenge than anything else!
i sort of “fasted” yesterday because i was so busy.

i did get a little fuzzy-headed, stomach grumbly, and tired at times…prob would have been different if i hadn’t had more than bpc before work and my brain had been in the not eating mindset…
i felt like i for sure needed to eat and just couldn’t…would have been 1000x worse pre keto tho

you’re killing it!
i also had a few close friends that kept asking me when i was going to eat again and my answer was also “i don’t know” :joy:

Same where with close family when I mention that I’m not eating, you’d think I was holding a gun to my head, but that’s their CICO, sugar-burner mentality. :bmh:

(eat more) #19

one of the friends was asking questions part horror, part intrigue
she has been “doing keto” (quotes because i know a lot of ppl that claim keto but aren’t really keto…it’s super trendy right now lol)
she said she might give it a shot after she’s off a round of antibiotics

(John) #20

I would have never considered it before, I would go eat at my favorite Thai place and be stuffed, 30 minutes later I feel like I didn’t eat anything and go hunting an afternoon snack. I would have had a hard time skipping a meal, much less all of them. Near the end, before keto I would eat a big bowl of cereal, sugar would crash and an hour later I’m at a drive through getting a sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Lunch 2 hours later followed by a snack, a handful of chips while I made dinner, then dessert. I was always eating but always hungry. I had a moment like, I think it was Richard where I ate all you can eat Indian food and ate literally all i could, and I was still hungry though the thought of another bite was nauseating.

(John) #21

I’m calling this done at 70 hours. Felt a little tired, fuzzy and weak all day, getting worse as it went. Going to try and do 100% fat tomorrow and deciding a pattern for future fasts, 20/4, 1 on 1 off, 3:1, 5:2. Will probably do them all sooner or later, its just which to pick first.

Now, where’s my scotch?

(eat more) #22

oooh i bet one sip and lights out :dizzy_face:
lol

(Mike W.) #23

Yeah, I wouldn’t break a fast with scotch :joy:

(David) #24

Another downside of fasting (and the Keto WOE in general) is that I don’t get to read as many posts on here because my reading time has been considerably lowered.

(John) #25

Yeah I didn’t hit the scotch, I had one protein shake and was instantly hungrier than at any point during the fast. Ate about 600 cals and went to bed. This morning I feel completely normal though I didn’t sleep nearly as well and my guts won’t shut up.

(Michelle) #26

@mikki - how long did you fast end up being? I am trying today (you inspired me too!!)

(eat more) #27

i’m glad you asked because it made me realize i’d been saying 45 LOL

7pm wednesday - 6:15-30 ish friday

(Michelle) #28

Great!! that’s pretty awesome. Did you post about how you felt somewhere and I missed it??

(eat more) #29

:blush:

i definitely felt better at work during the fast than the day after the fast

(Crow T. Robot) #30

Bulletproof Irish Coffee!

(Michelle) #31

HI @jmbundy - just wondering what else you had during your spontaneous fast? I am going for it too!! Woot woot!

(Candace) #32

If that is not a thing, it needs to be!

(eat more) #33

:blush:

(John) #34

I had a tablespoon of MCT and HWC in my coffee in the morning and in the afternoon when I was feeling hungry about 6 oz of broth with a teaspoon of soy sauce. That’s it.