Butter cocktail! ("Full fat old fashioned")

(Becky Searls) #1

Spotted at “Hawksmoor”, a great restaurant in London!

Ok, Mikki made me do it, first fast has begun
(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

There are not enough hearts for this find :blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart::heartbeat::heart_decoration::heartpulse::revolving_hearts::gift_heart::two_hearts::heart:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #3

I found this brown butter version, when ZC month is done I’ll give it a try with the sous vide :sunglasses:

(Becky Searls) #4

Um, YUM!

(Becky Searls) #5

Also…is this a “Becky” thing? :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6

Definitely! Although I need to keep alcohol to a minimum for now as weight loss is part of my goals, we still have to enjoy!

(Ashley Haddock) #7

Well that sounds freaking amazing.

(Becky Searls) #8

Agree. Also I wonder if you’ve played around much with “keto”-izing some elements of cocktails? Or is it just not worth it? I tried to make pisco sours at home after my recent trip to peru, complete with homemade simple syrup made with stevia (or splenda…? can never remember which, but think stevia)…weird but fun! (probably a total blasphemy to Peru though. Sorry, Peru! :grimacing:)

(Becky Searls) #9

Yeah if I was not already 7 sheets to the wind from my half of other cocktail (thanks keto for incredibly low tolerance lol, makes me a super cheap date), I would so have ordered it. Sadly didn’t find in time. May have to return!

(Shawn Cochran) #10

I love pisco sours! So good!

(Jane Reed) #11

My sister-in-law is Chilean and when I had a pisco sour for the first time, it was like the most delicious lemonade, with a kick.

Thanks @Becky for posting this. I know it was a while ago but I just saw it the other night.
Anyway, I had some unsalted Kerrygold in the fridge so I browned it and infused some Wild Turkey 101.
I haven’t had the bourbon yet, except for a spoonful to taste, but the butter is AWESOME. i saved it when I poured off the bourbon
and am at this moment drinking some of it in coffee (it’s 8:45 PM so it’s ok :slight_smile: ).

Going to experiment with a cocktail or two using the bourbon.

—UPDATE: I made a Second Circle with the butter bourbon… very nice.
2oz bourbon
1oz Port
1tsp Maple syrup
2 dashes bitters
optional cherry garnish

Shake it up and enjoy if you’ve got room for the carbs.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #13

Fantastic idea! This is going to be my Thanksgiving morning treat! I’d forgotten this recipe, thank you for reviving it. I will try your 2nd round with maple extract.

Oh, I didn’t even think about maple extract! I’m new here, obviously. :grinning:
I was a martini guy for years then suddenly stopped enjoying them so got experimental. So many whiskey cocktails are sugary, though.
I’ve found I like Manhattans and an oddball called Horsecar which is kind of like a Manhattan. So far, even though it’s rather sweet tasting I really like the 2nd Circle.
This is coming from a guy who likes Islay Scotch with just a touch of water.

As for the butter bourbon, this is going to be a common thing here now. I just think I’ll seek out an inexpensive but decent bourbon to use.

Cheers!

(Becky Searls) #15

Is browning butter as simple as it sounds?

Yes. Just watch it closely so it doesn’t burn.