Often forgotten nsv!

(Becky) #21

@Momof5
How do you do it…I try, just haven’t mastered the extended fast…usually it’s a desire for something flavored to drink that does me in :roll_eyes:

(Susan) #22

I love Herbal teas and I now find them all sweet (since stopping sugar when I began Keto in February and sweeteners I stopped in June as I felt they were messing me up in many ways). I love the Celestial Seasonings ones, Cherry Berry, there is a Peach one, vanilla camomile, etc and I also do stuff, like make them and then take the tea bag out, throw the hot tea in a blender and add ice, and it makes a great, calorie free, sweetener free drink =). I love them when fasting.

When I am not fasting, adding some HWC makes them really great too! I do that more to up my calories and fats but it still tastes really delicious.

I started doing 12:12 then moved to 18:6 now I have been 20:4 for a long time, then I started doing 24 hour fasts… 48 hour ones and I have done a few 72 hour ones. My longest one before this one was 74 hours. This one I had planned to be 72 hours but I am sick now. I feel that if I eat I will throw up. I probably picked up a bug being at the hospital on Wednesday evening with my daughter (she has a badly sprained ankle).

Fasting is not for everyone, if you don’t like it, that is perfectly fine! It is something that I like to incorporate into my Keto journey but I think it is a personal thing, if you want to, got for it, if not, that is fine too =).

I have an accountability thread with all of my journey thus far; if you feel like reading a lot, hehe. All my journey since I made that thread I think it was in June is on there =). I love Keto, and I am Keto for life! I am just trying to get the scales consistently moving again and also I want the Autophagy benefits =).

(Becky) #23

@Momof5
Thanks I may try the tea thing and I hope you’re daughter feels better soon!

(Susan) #24

Thanks, she is 21 and in College for Child and Youth Developmental Worker so is on a Placement in an elementary school right now, assisting children with disabilities and she got hurt on Wednesday at 1pm at the school. Her ankle is very swollen but not broken, just a sprain. However, she is on crutches and I bought her a special wrap from Amazon for it, to wear when she goes back. They are trying to figure out a ride for her back and forth to the school, so she will go back on Monday or Tuesday. She normally walks to and from the school (it is a 30 minute walk there and 30 minutes back) and she is an active young lady, does workouts, and loves walking, so normally that is not an issue; but with a bad ankle right now it is.

(Murphy Kismet) #25

From what I’m understanding (haven’t read any book and relying on the net) our normal spine is more J-shaped instead of S-shaped. That since the 1950s we’ve started arching our backs to stick out our bums too much. Our behind should be ‘behind’ us, but not to that degree.

And then there’s the shoulders lol. Those seemingly permanent stuck-to-your-ears position, or curled in front and squishing our lungs. What Esther Gokhale suggests is Up-Back-Down. Her fb page has some good photos of people in good and bad positions, and the tiny adjustments that ought to be made.

Right now I think I’ve been shoving my shoulders too far back. As in, my shoulders had started naturally resting closer to optimal position, and here I come with the up-back-down mentality and shove those shoulder blades even more together, and my upper back started hurting, and only not hurting when I’d “curl” my shoulders forward. I tell ya, it’s a whole other mindset to be conscious of one’s body’s position, and how things feel. We are not accustomed to Listening to our bodies’ endogenous voice, and instead are used to listening to others tell us about ourselves.

So yeah, another mind hurdle in our quest for health.

This article is a good one, plus I really like the photo of the spines of hunters.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/06/08/412314701/lost-posture-why-indigenous-cultures-dont-have-back-pain

(Marianne) #26

Awww, I love this! These are the things that make life sweet - for us - and our spouses!

(Marianne) #27

I agree - you look really great!

(Marianne) #28

If I knew how to transfer pictures from my phone to here, I’d show you before and after. Was yellow and white, now it is a true fuscia. Sounds funky, but saw it on a house when my husband and I were walking last week and took a picture. We have a dark blue house - love it!!!

Good luck with your project.

(Becky) #29

@gingersmommy
Well the hubby thinks I’m nuts, which is not uncommon, I painted the outside red…I always wanted a red door…now I’m thinking of painting the inside a turquoise color!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

Wow, that is a blast from my past. Once upon a time long, long ago I did Alexander Technique along with my yoga practice. Hadn’t even throught about AT for a long time. Might have to dig around and see if I have my old notes on it. Thanks for mentioning it.

(Joey) #31

What a joy to read about the profound changes you’ve seen in your daily life. And then to see how you’ve opened the floodgates for others to join in with their own life-changing experiences.

Thank you for posting this!

That’s wonderful! And I know what you mean. I had a picture taken at a tournament Sunday with two other committee members – both of them barely 5’2" and with teeny tiny waists. I am many inches taller! But I looked at the picture and thought, wow, I don’t look huge. I look slim. Funny how the most random thing can make you stop and readjust how you see yourself! Glad you dolled yourself up! Keep treating yourself well.

(Marianne) #33

You go for it, gurlll!

(Libby) #34

Well! I’m not usually into this kind of thing, but I went ahead and watched Aly Art and took the test. Today I dressed like a Flamboyant Natural should and you know what? I felt downright glamorous while strolling around the grocery store! Thanks for this @Ruina!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #35

I’m not normally into that kind of thing either, but I’ve found it very helpful. I’m a dramatic classic. At first I was a little disappointed because the clothes for classic seemed boring, not like for flamboyant gamine. Or super comfy like natural. But the more I looked at it, there is a lot of potential for funkyness with geometrics. I also understand why I don’t like long earrings, and am not satisfied with little ones all the time. So I started looking for a bit larger, but not dangling, earrings with fun geometry. Love. Them.

I have a curvy friend we both thought was a romantic, but it didn’t feel right. So we went thru the test and came up with soft natural. I didn’t see it. Then watched the video on clothes and she absolutely does look best in the clothes for soft natural.

It’s kind of fun.

(Becky) #36

Apparently I am romantic…I’m kind of excited to try the makeup tips now!!

(Joey) #37

Took the Aly Art test: came up as Egregious Geezer.
Will now dress the part. :wink:

(Becky) #38

@SomeGuy
Ok you need to warn me before a post like that, I just shot coffee out my nose…now I’m gonna have to start over on my contouring!! :joy::joy:

(Becky) #39

Ok I need a makeover intervention!!! I isn’t doin something right :joy:

(Libby) #40

I can tell by your reply that you are actually a soft romantic :slightly_smiling_face: