Officially Being Silenced By Nutritionist

(Susan) #41

OK - this really isn’t worth discussing…

But just realize that “the threadstarter” is not a RD, and it’s not something that one can become overnight. I guess I’m not sure what it is you’re suggesting or advising.

Maybe there’s some type of communication problem, because I really don’t understand what point you are trying to make.

… sorry. Don’t mind me. That’s why I said I might sound immature and naive in that suggestion.

(Raj Seth) #43

Nah. Tell them to go suck on a big fat jumbo low fat snack or a Kristy kreme

At what point does the First Amendment come into play?

(linda) #44

This is a brilliant reframe!! Despite how you feel about how great keto is-This response sounds measured, logical and informative! It’s frustrating because you are going “against the grain”
and essentially invalidating other schools of thought both RN and dietitians. It’s how they are trained and what you say is threatening-and anecdotal which doesn’t withstand the science based evaluation. That’s why it’s important to link to good data. WOOF !!

(Mary McNeight) #45

I think its a big threat to the establishment given I have been labeled as chronically ill person that is so ill that Ive been using a service dog for my health since 2005. I have over 5000+ chronically ill people on my email list from literally all over the world, most of which are type 1 and 2 diabetics and here I am saying Ive reversed many of my medical conditions using a diet that goes against conventional wisdom that is made me so much healthier that I was able to do 8 hours of physically hard yard work without hurting myself or passing out and dying in the process. And to not only have shared my N1 experiment results with other chronically ill people on my list, but other service dog trainers on my email list who look up to me as an expert in the field who can and will share this information with their students. Add into the mix that Im a service dog trainer basically saying, dont use my services first, Im a person who is so dedicated to helping people that I have chosen to ruin my own financial future making $10,000 a year trying to help you help yourself that Im willing to sacrifice my paltry salary because Ive been in your shoes. What a scary David vs. Goliath story to powers that be.

(Mary McNeight) #46

Thank you for your help and support everyone.

(Mary McNeight) #47

Hopefully if you are on Keto, you shouldnt need me for diabetes.

Although I also train dogs for migraine alert, narcolepsy alert, a-fib alert, POTS alert, dysautonomia and seizure alert as well.

(icky) #48

Well done! :+1:t3:

I agree with other’s comments re taking snarky dietician off your mailing list.

Also, by telling ppl to seek advice from “a Registered Dietician who is well-versed in ketogenic diets/ a doctor or dietitian that has experience in working with ketogenic diets” you’ve (we’ve :grin:) made the point that you don’t consider her and similar snarky dieticians as “knowledgeable” or worthy of being consulted.

Keep up your amazing work with the dogs! :dog: :dog2: :poodle: :dog: :dog2: :poodle:

(Jay AM) #49

That’s what I’d be writing back personally.

(icky) #50

I think there’s a difference between what we would think or say back to someone on a forum.

If you’ve never been self-employed tho, with a reputation to lose, you might not realise that you can’t just blurt out what you feel like blurting out, in a professional context.

I would not be willing to risk or discredit my business by getting personal or crabby about this - regardless of how “deserved” it might be.

(Jay AM) #51

I just realized you said this went to a client mailing list which means you gave the information on the business page.
To be quite fair, this dietician is still using the guise of professional credentials to threaten someone with legals. And, they are already threatening the business by doing so. Now, this business doesn’t have a right to dispense nutritional recommendations to client as it’s not licensed but is still considered a professional business and it could be considered acting without proper licensure which, is where the disclaimer is a good idea. It’s the only place that this dietician has any standing room, just because the information was posted under the business instead of a personal page.

The disclaimer is good, removing the dietician from the mailing list is also good, and I’d probably also have sent an email informing them that a disclaimer had been added. As long as the post doesn’t tell anyone they could have any disease cured with keto and only talks about the benefits you achieved, you should hopefully be fine.

I have to consider that there are plenty of people giving diet information as a business but not as registered dieticians or even nutritionists but, they usually have a disclaimer.

(Raj Seth) #52

So you are selflessly putting yourself out of work? :+1::+1:

(Jay AM) #53

It takes years in university to become a registered dietician and then you have to qualify and take testing to register and get your qualifications. So, no, this person wouldn’t be able to do it quickly and tell the person that they had the credentials.

(KCKO, KCFO) #54

Thanks for all your hard work. Service dogs really are so important, and training them takes lots of time and patience. I have a friend who socializes puppies who will be trained to as guide dogs for the blind. The dogs are great and so are the trainers.

(Mary McNeight) #55

I think Im going to share about fasting next. Its like that nutritionist lit a fire under my ass. Tell me I cant do something and Im going to show you how wrong you are. LOL. Im even trying to start a in person Keto support group in my local community. Its been such an amazing transition to go from consistently sick to a functioning human being again that I cant help but share my experience.

(Suzie Edge) #56

I feel like I’m boring everyone around me with my keto chat - but they need to hear it and I’m gonna keep sharing!

(Alec) #57

Me too! Can’t help myself. I am a keto bore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Candy Lind) #58

This is the same kind of fire that was lit under @Brenda as she experienced the benefits of keto - and look what she and @NativeKetoMan have achieved! And now she works for IDM. Your story warms the cockles of my heart. You are a HERO. :heart_eyes_cat:

(Jacquelyn Graham) #59

Don’t give people authority over your life that they haven’t earned. Post your disclaimer and share away. I’d also post some clinical trial links, too. :wink:

(GINA ) #60

Write her back with some version of, “You’re not the boss of me.”

Professor Noakes holds a licence from the organization that is persecuting him. He could have just surrendered it and that would have been that, but he is defending it on principal.

I don’t know what kind of licence or credentials you hold to train dogs, but that bossy nutritionist doesn’t control them.