Officially Being Silenced By Nutritionist

(Chris) #21

She fears her easy paycheck is at risk, that’s all.

(Mary McNeight) #22

Its been copied and pasted. Thank you! I have to head to a dog event a couple of hours away but will be back to update this evening.

(icky) #23

Good on you! Hope this clears your mind and you can focus on your event. :+1:t3:

You have a Keto Army here offering support :grin:

(Susan) #24

Personally, I think that dietitian has a heck of a lot of nerve!!

At the risk of getting myself in trouble because I’m not a lawyer, I’d think that you would be ok if you put a disclaimer stating that you’re not a dietitian, and simply offering information on something that’s been helpful to you. Just as others here have suggested.

To me, it just screams of someone who is so insecure in themselves that they need to lash out at someone else who doesn’t agree with them completely. No way she’s at all concerned about your legal well being. This is all about her.

Good luck!

(icky) #25

Yup, totally!

Hi Mary, you can add me to your list of T1Ds who have greatly benefitted from the ketogenic diet. You are doing a marvellous job for which you should continue to feel proud! Well done to you and please forget about this ignorant dietician who has tried to bully you into silence. Your disclaimer will mean you can now forget about it and go back to and forward with the important things in your life.

Thank you for helping to save lives :smile:
Ali

(Randy) #27

Dear Registered Dietician at Blah Blah Big 10 University:

I’ve got your evidence base right here bitch!!!

https://blog.virtahealth.com/one-year-clinical-trial-outcomes-type-2-diabetes/

(Darlene Horsley) #28

Is Registered Dietitian also practicing law without a license? SMDH!

(Suzie Edge) #29

You should ask to see that evidence…

(Mary Beth) #30

I don’t think it is illegal for a private citizen to give nutritional advice, and I’m sure most of us on the forum do it on a regular basis. You are not in a position of PRESCRIBING to others nutritional changes in order to treat illness, you are just “Mary From the Block” speaking her mind. The First Amendment hasn’t been taken away from us just yet :slight_smile: I wouldn’t stress too much about it.

(Mary Beth) #31

HA! Excellent point!

(Chris) #32

Yup. Tell the dietician to eat shit and call that your professional advice.

Please be aware that while this diet regimen has been beneficial for me, it could be harmful for some health conditions and may not be suited to everyone.

I would change the bolded part of line above from what is shown to “Some think it could be harmful for some heatlh conditions”

Just being a bit nit-picky. :slight_smile:

Carry on.

(KCKO, KCFO) #34

I would respond to her note this way
I am not giving medical nutritional advice, I am just relating my personal experience with the diet. Did I tell everyone who watches the video to go on a keto diet. No, I did not. I assume that an adult viewing the video is intelligent enough to research any diet they might be contemplating using with their medical doctor, who may or may not advise them to seek out advice from a registered dietician.

What I have done is posted a disclaimer that I am not giving out medical advice as I am not a doctor, just relating my personal experince.

I’d remove her from my mailing list if I were you, as well.

I didn’t even know that “diabetic alert dog trainers” were even a thing.

I know I might sound immature and naive, but Registered Dietician? Well, is it hard to be registered as one?

Since she said so because you are not, then if you get registered, you can shut her up, right? O_O

(Susan) #37

A Registered Dietician is a definite “real thing.” Most of the ones that I know actually have a Masters. It requires continuing education, etc.

Not in any way defending this person. She’s obviously a jerk. But don’t want to disparage an entire legitimate career.

But even a jerk shall shut up if his/her argument is invalid?

(Susan) #39

OK. Don’t know what that has to do with your first suggestion of the original poster “getting registered.” Just thought I would point out to you that being a Registered Dietitian is actually a real thing. I don’t think that being a jerk and being a RD are mutually exclusive.

But sure…I guess.

Nonono. What I mean is that if the person who makes the suggestion like the threadstarter is also a RD, then when that kind of jerk comes to him, he just uses his RD cert (or something) to slap that jerk’s face.