Ode to collagen

(Robin) #1

I took this new photo simply to show the effect a year on collagen has had for me. The grey I already had is still there… mostly on top and front. But the rest is definitely becoming a darker brown. And my facial wrinkles are becoming less deep. Also growth and thickness of hair and nails. Crazy.

I tell young people the gray appears at the point closest to the hot cerebrum and is a sign of high IQ. You are a beautiful woman. Great photo.

It definitely works, but keep in mind protein is cheaper and does the exact same thing. Collagen is protein minus the tryptophan, when you take in protein you get everything you get from collagen plus your body can use some for all it’s other processes it needs it for.

Glad you’ve taken the red pill on reversing grays, people refuse to beleive it can be done. Look into Fo-Ti! I reversed all the grays in my face (I had since my early 20’s) with either that or GHK-Cu, Fo-Ti is known for it, but GHK has also anecdotally been shown to do it.

(Robin) #4

I’ll take that explanation! My cerebellum is so hot! LOL.

(Robin) #5

I agree. I get loads of protein. Am close to carnivore at this point. So maybe it’s a combo of all that meat and my magic powder. Either way, once something is working, I don’t mess with it. You know, like marriage.

(Robin) #6

I’ll look into that.

(Bob M) #7

Collagen doesn’t seem to be just protein:

I’ve been taking it for a while.

For grey hair, I’ve seen anecdotes that avoiding plants can reverse grey hair.

(Robin) #8

Just eating plants? Or should I avoid my potted plants too? :thinking:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Hasn’t worked in my case, alas! Damn you, individual variation!! :grin:

P.S.—I’m still waiting to grow three inches, too!

(Butter Withaspoon) #10

Very attractive and a lovely portrait. You look blooming!

(Robin) #11

Very sweet of you, thanks.

(Bob M) #12

I can’t tell what it’s doing for me either, although I’ve not been using it for long. The other problem is that I’m not sure if I got an improvement whether I would notice it, after being on low carb/keto for about 8 years. I don’t have much more that can be improved, possibly. I guess I’ll find out.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #13

My finger/toe nails now grow at a nuisance rate, much faster than years ago. So hopefully other good stuff is happening as well - just not so noticeable. :pleading_face:

(Bob M) #14

That’s why I plan on continuing for a while.

I’d also like to find other ways to get collagen, but I can’t figure out what those are yet. Tried to make/drink bone broth/stock, but never could remember to drink it. I’m finding proteins easier to remember to take.

Still looking for other things to try, though.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

“Nuisance rate” is right! This happens to me, too, even without a collagen supplement. I guess I’m getting enough from the meat I’m eating.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #16

Hydrolyzed collagen peptides are part of the protein ingredients in my morning keto coffee. So I don’t even think about it anymore. I also make a creamy bone broth ‘beverage’ as described here, although I’ve since changed my cream to Avalon 36% whipping cream…

(Robin) #17

I use a powder of collagen peptides. 2 scoops in my morning coffee. Tasteless but somehow makes the coffee seem richer…? Could be in my head.

(Bob M) #18

I would think about the coffee, as I think it’s a good idea. It’s just I’m often trying to fast in the morning and drink coffee black. But I can rethink that. It’s not much protein. On the days I fast for OMAD or 36+ hours, I can have black. On the other days, some collagen peptides. May have to try this.

(Butter Withaspoon) #19

I just eat the connective tissue that comes with the meat, and even chew at well cooked cartilage. I make stews and slow cooked meals with the meat about 3/4 of the time which is another source. If I get the saucepan out of the fridge the day after cooking, and it’s become a solid jelly, then I assume much of that is collagen in the broth (no doubt that it’s protein!)

An advantage of cheaper cuts I suppose. Haven’t played with protein or collagen supplements… yet

(Bob M) #20

Those are all good ideas. I’ve been trying to do more of this, but it’s also tough, as my kids don’t like soups or stews. Hard to make them when it’s only me and my wife eating them.

Made a great soup the other day, and we ate it, but the kids freaked out and barely had a taste.