October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Pan, heat, bacon, eggs, go! :man_cook:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #50

:joy: Right?!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #51

Bone Broth was yummmmmy!

(Allie) #52

Oh he can do that, for himself only though as he insists on nasty vegetable oil and carbage with it… then leaves the icky oil splattered all over for me to clean up :roll_eyes:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #53

Day 7 of 7 day fast. 2C Bone Broth went down well! Stomach was very noisy, but no “other issues”. I’ve been having 1TB of psyllium in water around noon to keep things moving and prevent post fast problems :crossed_fingers:

(Mark Rhodes) #54

I broke 12 hours early because during my fourth workout of the week I said to myself “Self, I would like a steak”…my wife was in the gym as well and not fasting. I brought this to her attention and rather than say “Oh honey you can make it” she said “Tuscan?” a steak place we tend to frequent. A delicious ribeye and appetizers of shrimp and brie plus italian sausage and peppers.

Date Time BG mmol βHB BRace GKI Brace GKI GKI DUO HR fasted Weight
10/3/2018 Average 4.36 3.9 68.625 1.12 1.14 1.69 DAY 3 215.4
10/4/2018 7:00 AM 3.9 4 65.2 0.98 1.08 1.51 91:00:00 215
11:00 AM 4.7 4.4 83.1 1.07 1.02 1.58 95:00:00
2:30 PM 4.1 6.3 70.5 0.65 1.05 1.17 98:50:00
10/4/2018 Average 4.233333333 4.9 72.93333333 0.86 1.04 1.39 215
10/5/2018 7:00 AM 4.7 6 95 0.78 0.89 1.23 0:00:00 216

It really is interesting to see how the ketones go up with easy access to food being in a high ketonic state. The fats are readily converted to ketones as evidenced by the βHB & BRace measurements. I have no expectation that I would be using those ketones for lipolysis, hence the major jump in BRace.

This FAST was great and I believe it is addressing my nicotine cessation.
To see how nicotine helps and hinders lipolysis click the link.

I feast at least the next three days. Then I need to decide whether to do IF or another 3-4 day EF as I attack those nicotine fat pounds I put on.

(Allie) #55

The goose I rescued last weekend had to be put to sleep… :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m on a strict IF schedule today and generally avoid eating in the evenings, actually after 1pm, but suddenly I’m feeling hungry… I’m going to go do an hour of yoga and hopefully it’ll pass.

(Doug) #56

(((Allie))) :heart: Kind heart for animals. :heart:

(KCKO, KCFO) #57

36 hr. fast turned into a 42 hr. fast today. Wasn’t hungry at breakfast time, so went til lunch.

(Liz ) #58

24 hours fasted, woohoo! Going for 45, planning on breaking at dinner tomorrow. Someday down the road I can do 70 or 90 hour fasts again but for now this feels like triumph.

(Rita) #59

Congratulations on nicotine cessation. The hardest thing I’ve ever done other than childbirth! Your health thanks you as well as those who live around and love you!

(Carpe salata!) #60

Starting after dinner today - 5- day water fast. So that’s 3hrs so far … still full from dinner. Ha.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #61

Good to focus on the positive :joy:

(MelissaH) #62

Question for all you fasting champs…
What if your almost to your ideal weight? Are you still able to pull off an extended fast?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #63

Completed my 7D fast and started the refeed plan…oh wait…there was a plan? I stupidly froze my bone broth in mason jars. Even with the lids off the quart jar cracked so I had to toss it. Ugh…such a waste!!! So I only had the 4C for Friday and none for yesterday. I did have ground turkey and veg soup with a bone broth base for first meal. By second meal my stomach was really growling. I’d been running the kids around all day. Second meal was more eclectic but fully Keto. Anyway, digestive system has not been ideal. No pain or cramping though. All night long I was wondering if “she’ll hold” IYKWIM :grimacing:. She did but I was constantly aware of the possibility. Next one I’ll try to refeed at a slower pace.

I enjoyed that fast so much! I felt so much better - aches and pains GONE, subacute viral symptoms GONE, anxiety GONE, fatiuge/malaise/fuzzy head GONE! Can’t wait until next month :smiley:

(KCKO, KCFO) #64

I started to fast when I had @15 lbs to go to my goal. I dropped those in a month of mixed fasting protocols, including my longest over 100 hr. ones. I do 90 hrs. fasting once a month and at least one over 36 hrs. of fasting per week to maintain my desire to stay under my goal weight. So it is very possible to do extended fasting. Search for Richard’s calculator on the forum search box, you might have to supplement with a tiny bit of fats when you are lower in body fats.

(MelissaH) #65

Thanks! I’m aiming for at least a 36 hour fast starting tomorrow!

(Allie) #66

@Jezza next time, try freezing in plastic freezer bags as that way you can boil them in water to thaw and reheat them :heart:

(Allie) #67

I haven’t really been feeling like doing any EF for the last few weeks as you know, but at the moment I’m planning to try for another one starting tomorrow, well starting an hour ago as I just ate. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow though :joy:

Actually ate some stuff for breakfast this morning, and immediately wanted to fast right afterwards. … Heading out to do some yard work for the day, (cutting grass, doing leaves and splitting wood) and will decide later tonight if this mornings’ meal will be the last for a while? … Happy fasting folks! :wink: