October 2018 check in here

(Karen Parrott) #1

Sorry to be away so long. Moved my kid to college and am now back visiting her in Portland. Keeping my Maintenance weight steady ,but in the higher range of my normal. Not worried as 18:6 and watching my total calorie intake fixes any temporary weight regain.

I had a good blood draw for insurance in September , so fasting most days is a good tool. Hope you are all well and welcome to the newbies

(Frank) #2

2-4 lbs over 3 months. Awesome maint numbers id have to assume. Iā€™m in a similar place right now.

Hello Maintainers- the 8th already?

Weight is stable.

I repeated my A1c after just 6 weeks of ā€œstrictā€ keto- to my surprise A1c dropped from 5.7 to 5.4. I guess Iā€™ll take it! :grinning:

Good luck to all!
Have a good month!

I know - I have no idea where September and early October went! I do know that after a month of trying different (very unsatisfactory/unsuccessful) hacks during September I am only maintaining within my range successfully with 5/2 carnivore/keto + an 18/6 IF woe Some of my experiments even sent me in substantial tailspin - but reverting back to clean keto remedies that fairly quickly. SO, I am grateful that I love keto foods and can use this going forward. I am even playing around with the idea of trying to lose a bit more during November and December to bring me more to the middle of the ā€˜normalā€™ bmi rangeā€¦ but not if any tailspins are involved! SO, my October goal is to just KCKO and get some clarity for future plans. Thanks all!

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Well done. That is an important line to crossover. Congrats.
Yea for the stable weight too.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

I have also been playing around with trying to drop a few more lbs. to get more towards the middle of the normal charting. I would like a little more wiggle room, since I hope to be traveling a bit more next year, Iā€™d like that cushion for when I am not in such control of what goes into my foods.

To maintain I have to do IFing 4-5 days a week but that is fine, I find I like just coffee with hwc to start the day and have slightly larger meals when I do eat. I also do a 36-40+ hrs. fast weekly, mostly to do long periods of just water and salt for autophagy. I do the monthly Zornfast but often break midway and refeed then carry on to do about 90 hrs. during its time span.

Thanks, @collaroygal! I must admit that anything beyond IF fasting is not my strong suitā€¦ at all! Maybe I will use October to learn more about how to do it successfully. (I tried a a 36-hour and a Zornfast early in my journey), but I have a feeling that much of the reason is because of work. Iā€™m not too busy at work, but I get too bored during the day so I look forward to my mid-morning and early afternoon eating window to break up the day? Maybe I would do much better planning fasts on the weekends when I am busy with things I want to do? (I work - from home - 6:30am-3pm, and love my pre-work morning hours, so am up at 4:30am each weekday). I am taking early retirement in June and am SO excited! Thatā€™s when my travels begin, too, so I like your thinking about the wiggle room because of less control. Thanks for some good ideas to consider through October!

(Karen Parrott) #8

Mid-Month Check in, not losing, but also not gaining. This is one of the flattest periods this year, usually my maintenance is cyclic. I have a better cold/heat tolerance at 120-121, but I feel better in my clothes at 113-117.

Hmmmm. Time and good tracking will tell. Bit of a super mild cold or allergies. Not too bad. Thankful that weight maintenance has brought me good health and movement.

I have not been good slipped a bit recently, not always stuck to keto. Had a few cravings & found it too difficult to resist stuff family is eatingā€¦hopefully tomorrow will get firmly back on track & will do better, the pounds have crept up a little, so need to nip that in the bud!

(Pete A) #10

It looks like Iā€™m holding 2-3 pounds under where I wanted to hold, and where Iā€™ve been. Iā€™ve had a slight and unexpected woosh. Iā€™m 139 pounds which I donā€™t ever remember being. And still have belly fat! :grinning:

Started September 1, 2017 at 217.

DrawPagel%20(6)

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Started Novemberā€™s check in chat, some of our members are already into November.