NSV - Thigh Gap!

(Candice) #1

More evidence that Keto is working (and healing) and that weight is only one measure of health. The scale hasn’t moved in a week (not a big deal) but my legs are noticeably smaller, and now I have… a thigh gap!!! Skin is so much more clear too! Keto for life!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

:flushed:

(Candy Lind) #3

I have dreams of thigh gap. I’m not sure I’ve ever had one! :rofl: Kudos & Congrats.

PS nice to see another “Candice with an ‘i’”

(Candice) #4

:joy: It’s a big deal!! Lol!

(TJ Borden) #5

As guys, I don’t think we’re allowed to respond on this one. Because of course we love thigh gaps, but it somehow seems inappropriate, especially in light of recent events, to hit the little heart.

(Candy Lind) #6

:rofl:

(Candice) #7

What “recent events” - I tend to not know what’s going on in the world. You’re bringing me down, man.

(Karen) #8

Hit the heart TJ we promise not to sue over harassment. Whoot thigh gap!

K

(Zoe ) #9

Wow! You must be happy. Hope it makes walking on a hot day easier. I will not be surprised if I never have a thigh gap. I do however expect the area to decrease in volume and become easier all round. I love how my skin looks too.

(Charlie Kathopoulis) #10

:slight_smile: Congratulations on the thigh gap - It’s great to see these NSV’s happening. Though I will never have a problem with a thigh gap my wife tells me the ‘Gap’ between my ears isn’t as wide since starting on keto :wink:

(Rob) #11

I found a thigh gap really easy to achieve… you just need a large enough plate…

(Candice) #12

Wasn’t even thinking about harassment - I was just stoked!

(Bunny) #13

I must try that some time!

Spacing must be precise!

I can only appreciate this as satire :smiley: Different kinds of NSVs for different folks, as they say.

I cracked up though… because for the average non-obese female body - the appearance of too-skinny upper legs instantly happens via mere stance positioning of feet set apart and unnatural tilt of the tailbone. It’s a common “trick” taught by the Ford modeling agency - as to the whys and wherefores, that’s an altogether different subject.

But I must say that I truly have a great love of wide-hipped female skeletons and no-chance-of-no-gap embodiment in general - and my own in particular. The body sure can feel like a multiple-NSV experience with keto.

Wide-hipped females are the strongest females of the species, in terms of weightlifting capacity and low kung fu kicks. Though I never learned that in school or in the media I eventually became a massive fan of the thunderously thighed all-natural olympic weightlifters like Sarah Robles (U.S.), Malleswari (India), Deborah Acason (Australia), and Oksana Slivenko (Russia) - along with the average 6’1 tall and 24 inch wide (50 inch low hipped) bodies of traditional Maori women known for easily giving birth to 12-14 pounders :zap:

As a weightlifter and martial artist my main interest is in kicking ass (in self defense and defense of the defenseless).

IMHO it’s the gaps in between the ears that are most concerning - however the more ketosis, the better everything is - including how we see what we see in the mirror :wink:

(Erin Macfarland ) #15

@SlowBurnMary, this is probably one of my favorite responses EVER. Not to take away from what she feels is a victory, but I can’t advocate trying to attain a “thigh gap” as i feel it feeds into an unhealthy obsession with female thinness. I never had a thigh gap until I became very underweight at the age of 33 after developing anorexia while on keto (there were other factors involved, my eating disorder was not caused by the keto diet). But I did indeed have a thigh gap and i was very sick. I no longer have one after going through recovery and I’m ok with that. My twelve year old daughter, a powerful athlete who plays football, basketball and any other sport she can try, has those solid, wide legs and hips and I would never, ever suggest that getting a thigh gap is something to strive for. Indeed, a woman’s power is often in her lower body, and we should embrace that rather than trying to emulate the hips and thighs of adolescent boys.

(Erin Macfarland ) #16

Not trying to criticize you @Oksandrat, I just don’t want those with out thigh gaps or who will never have thigh gaps to feel their bodies are not ok. I guess I’m sensitive to this issue so I want to make sure the concerns about trying to achieve this are addressed.

(Karen) #17

Breathe. Great pic @Capnbob. Congrats on your nsv @Oksandrat !

(Candy Lind) #18

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Candy Lind) #19

I am TOTALLY enjoying this thread and all the great comments, especially:

Me: WHAT!? Ford stole my Sumo Pose?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Emacfarland I admire your grit and courage for coming in here, actively participating, and exposing personal experiences that must be painful in order to prop up others. YOU GO, GIRL.

And @SlowBurnMary you just keep tossing in these wonderful little factoids that keep my head spinning! I feel like such a lightweight (OMG THANK YOU for that! :innocent:) when reading your posts.

Carry on, my friends.

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

I have one of those again too. I can’t remember the last time I had one. sure is nice though to have one again…