NSV - Thigh Gap!

(Candice) #21

Hoping my pants will last longer with the reduced abrasion!

(Trish) #22

OMG so true. Wearing out the inside thigh of jeans is the worst right behind thigh rub rash. Damn that shite hurts! Alas, my build is such that I think I will always struggle with rub rash thing. Good for you though for achieving one of your personal goals. :slight_smile:

(Candice) #23

Yes! The rash is terrible!

(Ellen) #24

I’ll never have one of those, but go you! We’re all different and I’m cheering you on :laughing:

Thank you for the compliment, and SO happy to read that your daughter knows she is strong & powerful!!!

I admit as a female adult, auntie, teacher, writer, professional, etc I’m quite passionate about this issue and the public health crises on multiple levels in this society. Advocacy of healthy biology and countering of a lot of the digital media trends based on the artificially constructed and/or photoshopped illusions is critically important.

I learned in 2015 that the suicide rate among girls between the ages of 15 and 19 reached an all-time high for the 40-year period beginning in 1975. And girls attempted suicide rate is four to hundreds time higher than adolescent boys. Hispanic/Latina girls have a much higher rate (19.3%) than Latino boys, all Anglo/Euro-American adolescents, and all African American youths. And among non-conforming strong girls and gentle boys - many are bullied by peers in person or via social media related to their physiques, interests, height, shape, etc etc.

Psychiatrist and Harvard Medical School professor Martha Stout describes this phase of the modern industrial cultural landscape as ruthless and sociopathological in its everyday manifestations (now streamed 24/7 on the internet) and I quite agree. Which brings me back to the root causes behind how we see what we see in the mirror - and the amazing powers of ketosis for psychosocial health regardless of our diversities and all kinds of gaps :slight_smile:

(Michele) #26

I doubt that I will ever have a genuine thigh gap; I have wide hips and solid legs. In my youth I was described as having thunder thighs! However I will celebrate the reduction of thigh rubbing/chaffing it is a blessing to be that wee bit more comfortable in my body. I still need to wear trousers or leggings to prevent rubbing completely but every bit less is a nice NSV.

(Judy van Lingen) #27

I think he is referring to ‘#me too’. Hey, congrats!!!

(Renee Slaughter) #28

Great NSV. I remember my thigh gap. I was very thin as a young grill. Looking forward to less thigh rubbing.

(Linda Culbreth) #29

For those with the rubbing thighs issue - which is unbelievable uncomfortable and makes you really waddle like a duck - try some regular powdered laundry starch and sooth those those red, raw, painful places down. If you don’t have that, then MOVE that non-keto friendly corn starch to the bathroom and use it. Just know that the floor will be somewhat slippy if any gets on it. I don’t have the thigh gap, but I don’t have as much to rub together as I did when I started keto! But I can know lay down in bed, flat on my back, cross either arm across the highest spot on my rib cage and put the other hand through the “tunnel” - never had one of those before, either!

(Henrik Holm) #30

Its actually incredible how much of your weight accumulates on the legs. When I went LCHF about 3 years ago it was actually my legs someone complemented me on first. It was summer and I was sitting in a chair wearing short jeans and he yelled out: ‘Hay Holmes. You’ve lost allot of weight haven’t you?’ And I had to ask how he’d notice since I was sitting in a chair and the told me he saw it by my legs. Hadn’t noticed myself as my pants at that time were always comfort fit. Now I wear skinny jeans… and I like it allot.

(Zoe ) #31

@SlowBurnMary I love your thoughtful posts. Love how you point out how wid-hipped femal skeletons are so strong. I think that is why I am so drawn to weightlifting. PS. Your posts about slow burn have really helped me too. I am currently using a form of the practice.

Thank you for the kind words Zoe, and glad to be of service!

That’s really cool that you’re using a form of the practice. Here’s to STRENGTH & REJUVENATION from the inside out! :sparkles::muscle:t3::avocado::sparkles:

(Zoe ) #33

Yes Mary, It makes a big difference. I am feeling (and looking) so much stronger. And I love that it is just one set to fatigue. To be honest, even if I saw more results with more sets, I don’t know if I would do it because the simplicity is something I can stick with.

(Clara Teixeira) #34

I have one of those too but grew up on horses which gave me bowlegs. :joy: My knees won’t touch either!

(Jennifer ) #35

I feel like I keep coming by your posts on accident…dude you’re frickin hysterically funny :laughing:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #36

It depends on your body type. I was always small boned and thin. No hips. I developed the opposite of thigh gap when I put on 45 pounds. It was definitely not healthy for my body. Don’t get me wrong, I was always jealous of women with butts and thighs, but apparently they had run out of both when I was born. So no, I do not necessarily believe that a thigh gap means you have a body image problem. My weight gain (which closed the gap) led to several medical problems. With the help of keto, I am on the verge of a thigh gap again, and for me, it is healthy.