November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Starting a new fast after much success last month. 24 hours in.

I’m pretty sick this week so this is very much an n=1 for me to see if fasting can help me recover quicker

Good luck with it, Gaff. I was under the weather for a few days 2 weeks ago while fasting. Didn’t seem to help or hinder it in anyway that I’m aware of? I just wasn’t feeling 100% during it, but still went 96 hrs. I believe.

Thanks. If anything so far, it made the first day easier. Typically I have to really push through hours 18-24 but I’ve had zero appetite today so it was a breeze.

(Lisa ) #180

Right, I’m at about 65 hours or so and just finished 90min of cycling. Ketones are at 3.0 and I’m not hungry at all. I noted someone said that the more you eat, the hungrier you get so I have only had a small amount of cream with my coffee and half a cup of bone broth today. Got through the cycling with no trouble, hit >200bpm so pretty happy with that. I do think that the first day was the hardest for me, which I wasn’t expecting, but hopefully I’ve hit that 3-4 day sweet spot people talk about! Lisa :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #181

Yeah once you’re past the second day it’s often a case of “when is the best time to stop? What time/date works best from here?” :slight_smile:

No worries. … While you’re posting, just high-light the words you want to blur and click the ‘sprocket’ symbol on the right, and click on blur. You should see it shown in preview being blurred. They just ask you do it, since some don’t want to see or read about food while Fasting.

(Allie) #183

42 hours and all good

(Alex ) #184

So I properly started my 20g carbs/less per day and less at the end of September, and stopped alcohol and all dry/starchy foods as well.

November I have eased into IF and have found it’s really working for me, with visual changes coming quite rapidly.

I was 267 pounds at the end of September, I am now 245.

First couple of times of doing exercise without breakfast, it was making me feel a bit gross, but I get my vitamins, electrolytes and coffee in me now first thing, and the nausea/lightheadedness seems to have settled.

I am switching between not eating until 4.30/5/6pm on a night and allowing myself to eat meat/fat any time up to 8pm, with my other adhoc/weekend plan which gives more flexibility to have a lunch time first meal, and then a slightly reduced evening meal.

I can definitely live without breakfast, although some days I really do fancy bacon and eggs or a bulletproof coffee.

I’m buying some decent MCT oil at the end of the month, so I might change things around a bit, but we will see.

No need to change things currently, feel good, my mid section seems to be nicely flattening out, my energy levels increase the longer I take food out of the equation… so a definite sweet spot (no pun intended)

So just have them at your Mid-day or Evening meal. (Or better yet, both!) :smile: … I don’t even like calling eating times Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, since we’ve always just ate those things anytime. But we do tend to think of certain foods as related to certain times though. :slight_smile: Guess for most of us it’s just the fact it’s how we were brought up… but a Keto Meal has no limitations. :wink: :slight_smile: … And congrats on your weight loss so far!

(Alex ) #186

Cheers @Digital_Dave

Yeah, I do sometimes have gammon, eggs, mushrooms and tomato on a night… I think the breakfast thing is more of a comfort process sometimes… it’s ingrained in me from years of getting up with a stonking hangover, and needing comfort food and coffee from the get go!

I’m going to keep tinkering with these meal times, because I feel completely boss at the minute, and my body seems to be repaying me with good vibes throughout the morning for abstaining.

BPC though, that’s different - I’d be wanting to get that MCT hit first thing from getting up… I think it’s more useful than having the same at midday.

(Running from stupidity) #187

Yeah, that’s why I use “clock-lunch” for my usual breakfast, and so on :slight_smile:

(Justin Jordan) #188

Fasting today and (hopefully) tomorrow. If all goes well, I’ll hit something like 68 hours (ended up eating later than usual last night)

(Allie) #189

I’m currently at 49 hours, the longest I’ve gone for a few months. Feeling fine. Hunger comes and goes. I’m avoiding the usual cold feeling by wearing gym leggings under my jeans for extra insulation :joy:

(Lisa ) #190

Hi there! Past 80 hours now, ketones at 1.6 this morning at 0530. Feeling good, have been doing some high intensity exercise without trouble. Drank a lot of salt water yesterday so the scales have gone up a bit (but still down from the beginning!). Having coffee with watered-down cream, but have replaced some with herbal tea (a big thing for me!!). How much bone broth/coffee/tea do you drink while fasting (if any!)? Do you have problems with artificial sweeteners like me? I use 1-2 teaspoons of stevia in the evening, but I think it’s making me hungry.

(Lisa ) #191

I feel ya! Once I start mindlessly nibbling, I don’t stop. Best to padlock the fridge :wink:

(Lisa ) #193

Nice! I started with bone broth, too. And coffee with a small amount of cream. I experienced more hunger on those days. Now just on water/black coffee/herbal tea, with some Himalayan salt and a multivitamin. Will add in some bone broth again when I’m ready to end the fast - it’s ready and waiting in the freezer.

(Allie) #194

I’m feeling torn. I feel fine fasting, but before I knew I was going to fast I took some [spoiler]diced pork heart[/spoiler] out of the freezer to defrost and if I don’t use it tonight it’ll be no use, I can’t even cook it for my dog as just the smell of cooking it would make me want to eat it :grimacing: Think maybe I’ll end up eating it tonight then getting back to fasting from tomorrow…

(Alex ) #195

can you not leave the dog to cook it and just head out for a couple of hours?! it’s only opposable thumbs… :wink:

(Allie) #196

I don’t really want my clumsy Rottweiler to burn the house down :joy:

I’ve only ever done water fast myself, but this is how I started doing it from the start. I think I’ve drank a coffee once or twice while fasting, but actually find I prefer just water. Gets me away from all flavorings in general, which I really like. And I find foods taste so much better after I break the fast. :slight_smile:

Presently in at 20 hrs. and been working in my basement all day. :slight_smile: