November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Keep up all the good work Fasting, folks. I’m planning to jump back in this week. Will either start tonight, (7PM) now, being we just had something. But if not, I will do so after tomorrow night’s meal. Which will be an OMAD from today’s. And probably take this one the rest of the week or Saturday as well. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #158

OK, out after 40 hours. Will decide in the next day or so (#maybe) what I’ll do later in the week.

(Lisa ) #159

Yeah, just weighed again after heaps of fluid today and dropped to 74.5kg, scales are funny things! I don’t plan on paying too much attention to the day-to-day weights, just the overall trend and how I feel. :blush:

(Running from stupidity) #160

Yeah, I weigh daily, but only to give the trend-line more data points to work with :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #161

Accidentally did a 20/4 yesterday.

(I didn’t realize I had to work a morning shift until my boss called me up and I had to run out of the door 5 minutes later)
ended up being out all day, working out and driving around with my granny and dad.
I am soooo glad fasting gives me the freedom to pull one of those without getting tired or angry and without having to think about my next “diet friendly snack”

currently on 13h after a really feasty dinner yesterday.
Planing on 72h as I so often do. I will be off work for 3 days, so that might be a challenge, let’s see how that’ll work.

(Running from stupidity) #162

Exactly what I said to a keto-curious mate today when he posted a photo of some carbage when he was on a stakeout (press photographer) - get on keto, get fat adapted, just fast through it and make your life easier and cheaper.

(Allie) #163

I’ve decided to fast again today. I’ve been on OMAD early mornings for the last few weeks which seems to suit me well, but my morning was so much easier without having to deal with food before work.

(Doug) #164

:slightly_smiling_face: Mic - had to laugh at this; I know the feeling.

It’s been a while for me, and let’s just say the need is great, after this past weekend. So let’s fast. 13 hours in, already - embracing the freedom from food concerns. That vast, level plain stretches out before me.

Have to work on the old brain - try to get it to not chase itself around in the guise of ‘getting hungry.’

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #165

20h feeling good, only the cold hands are killing me.
Looking forward to the concert tonight, will be probably pretty warm and snuggly in first row.

(Allie) #166

I just hit 24 hours and am hungry but pushing through.

(KCKO, KCFO) #167

Glad to see a dr. applying keto, so they can speak intelligently about it. Not just read the pharma co. brochures. Thanks for doing this for your patients and yourself.

(Bob M) #168

My ketones go down overnight, and I also have lower ketones to begin with, so what you’re experiencing is normal. I usually see them go up quite a bit over more days fasting. The highest ketones I’ve recorded were 4.5 or 5.0 or 5.5 days into a fast.

I recommend salt daily and possibly some other electrolytes as you go longer. Salt is critical for me, though. I have never gained weight while fasting, but I’m also much heavier than you.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #169

25h some hunger pangs gladly I am stuck in front row at a concert and by the time it ends the worst part will be over

(Allie) #170

28 hours now. Hungry after yoga so ignored it and in bed. I don’t know how long I’ll fast for, it wasn’t planned like usual, just decided at some point when I woke up in the night :joy:

(Lisa ) #171

Thanks for that. I’ve got some pink Himalayan salt, which is pretty yummy I must say! Now at 60 hours. Ketones 0.8 this morning. The highest I’ve read is 4.4 but again, it is just a number. Weight is 74kg this morning (drop of about 2.7kg or 6 pounds from yesterday morning). Waist circumference is 29 inches so have lost an inch or so from the start. I also did a good workout yesterday - felt really good despite having wrist in plaster (hence why I’m not working at the moment - always has to be your dominant hand!!). I’m interested to see how my scapholunate ligament heals with fasting - my hope is that the cells will undergo autophagy and heal themselves. Maybe wishful thinking, but it’s worth a shot! How are you all going? Greetings from this Kiwi! :blush:

(Running from stupidity) #172

I guess this makes sense, really :slight_smile:

(Jane) #173

I think it is wonderful you are doing this and can talk from personal experience with your patients when you are back working again.

(Lisa ) #174

Thank you.
I had the Atkin’s diet suggested to me when I was an overweight medical student. It was from a doctor who looked like he’d never been overweight in his life, so of course I completely disregarded what he said. I quite often get patients in who are at their wits’ end with their weight and I would like to be able to say, “Hey, this worked for me.” Also, I was explaining the positive mental effects to a locum psychiatrist at work and told him to look up the ketogenic diet. I know that my mood improves with stable blood sugars, so I hope he can offer that as part of a holistic approach to treating mood disorders.

(Running from stupidity) #175

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Well, just got done carbing it up some, so the Fasting begins… :slight_smile: Shooting for going through the week, or Saturday, since I’m not starting on a Sunday night, but Monday instead. - Presently in at 45 minutes.