November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #198

I used fats and sweeteners on my first 2 fasts to ease into it.

Now I just drink water, black coffee and salt. I REALLY miss my sweetened, creamy coffee more than food but it gives me something to look forward to when I am fasting.

Does he have a Dalmatian for a friend? Might be helpful to have a fire dog aroundā€¦ :smile:

(Lisa ) #200

Oh Lordy, if I left my golden retriever to cook dinner heā€™d eat everything in sight. Including the cutlery. :joy:

(Kristin) #201

After cooking lunch for my husband and I today, I began a 48 hour fast. Iā€™m feeling fine right now as I watched my husband heat up the leftover lunch for himself to eat for dinner.

48 hours in. Feeling good and not as sick as Iā€™ve been this week, for sure. Going to keep going, no goal in mind.

(Running from stupidity) #203

Itā€™s clock-lunchtime, and not eating. Weā€™re on a two-week IF trial skipping clock-breakfast, so this is basically a 1MAD trial for the next three days while my wife is out of the home office at a conference. They apparently have a ā€œdietaryā€ table there, and she can get [spoiler]beef and chicken[/spoiler] from it, so sheā€™s all over that like [spoiler]a carb eater on a dozen doughnuts.[/spoiler]

I f you werenā€™t two days in already, I could have said ā€œfailing to plan is planning to fail!ā€ But no, you wrecked that.

Haha, weā€™ll see. Maybe tomorrow Iā€™ll end up [spoiler]eating seventeen doughnuts and washing them down with some French fries and a plate of sugar.[/spoiler]

(What The Fast?!) #205

Hi all! Iā€™m 54 hours into a fast. I was planning to go all week (well, Sunday afternoon to Saturday afternoon anyway), but not sure if Iā€™ll make it! I may break halfway through with a single meal and then fast again til saturday. We are headed to Mexico Saturday night and was planning to break before we leave so I donā€™t risk any digestive upset my first day of vacay. :slight_smile:

My longest fast ever was around 110 hours, so if I go straight through, Iā€™ll beat my record. Iā€™m strength training and doing yoga throughout the fast, with one tough cardio session on Friday morning. I feel okay but definitely hungry!

Iā€™m one of those that doesnā€™t feel amazing when fasting but keeping up with electrolytes is helping. I take a LOT of salt (probably twice the normal amount) when I fast in order to feel normal. I think itā€™s a LMHR (lean mass hyper responder) thing.

(Lisa ) #206

Coming up 96 hours. Ketones 3.2, weight down again. Had a long, intense workout today! Felt very hungry this evening so I decided to have some [spoiler]pork fat and a rasher of streaky bacon to get through[/spoiler]. I think this was a good decision as it perked me up and stopped me from bingeing or reaching for carbs. So, I will keep calm and fast on (despite the wee break).

(What The Fast?!) #207

I have to try and remember thisā€¦

(Running from stupidity) #208

Agreed. As I said to someone today, fasting is not bragging rights, itā€™s a tool. One that works better for some than others.

But like with ketone readings, itā€™s not an arms race.

(Lisa ) #209

Absolutely. And the all-or-nothing attitude wonā€™t help anyone. Iā€™m happy to go with the flow and see what happens - will cut down on the exercise intensity tomorrow as Iā€™ve been doing a lot of HIIT this week.

(Allie) #210

Part of this journey is learning to listen to your body and acknowledge what it needs, you did right.

Presently in at 35 hrs. ā€¦ Was going back to work today, and the rest of the week, but got the call out for Jury Duty instead. So getting ready to head out and probably end up sitting in the courthouse for some time today.

(Running from stupidity) #212

Still, youā€™d be used to thatā€¦

#AMIRITE?

Did 24 hours from dinner last night with no real issues, so day one of 1MAD down. Two more 1MAD, then feed Saturday before a 40 hour fast until Monday, I think.[1]

[1] Provisional planā€¦

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #213

Working my way back to a fast before Thanksgiving. I want to feel really ready for the next one. I think I forced it a bit last time and it was not good :persevere:

(Running from stupidity) #214

Yeah, headspace has to be rightā€¦

(Doug) #215

Yes, ā€œin for the long haulā€ is what we need to be, regardless of how a given fast goes. Only made it to 60 hours myself, then butter called to me, followed by a couple hamburgers. Too little sleep, too many carbs and too much alcohol over the weekend - at least now Iā€™m set back to rights.

Well, spent a few hours in court this morning but wasnā€™t picked for the Jury, so back home now. But I have had a slight headache since around 4:30am, and overall just not feeling all that well today. Darn sinuses are giving me issues and my neckā€™s been a little sore all morning. Might be from all the work I did yesterday down in the basement, and breathing in dust, etc. ā€¦ So the wife is currently making some coffee and throwing in something to eat presently. - Will probably abstain from Fasting for few days and just Fast again before Thanksgiving. Will put me about 41-42 hrs. when itā€™s done, but will try to get in a 3-5 day Fast before next Thursday.

(Justin Jordan) #217

Yesterdayā€™s fastā€¦wasnā€™t.

I was legitimately* really hungry, so I had beef, butter and sharp cheddar cheese. So it DID end up being one meal for the day.

Today is cruising along well.

*Itā€™s middlingly hard for me to parse out actual hunger from just wanting to eat, but this sure felt like actual hunger.