November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Virginia ) #132

Day 3 of my fast, 62 hours in and doing great. This will be the fourth one since starting Keto in August. First one wasn’t planned (50 hours), just wasn’t feeling well. Second one, 77 1/2 hours, stop because of headaches off and on that day, and the third one (71hours) , started feeling a little off. Don’t know yet how long I will go this time, I guess I will have to wait and see how things go. Hope everyone’s fasting is coming a long great. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #133

Started a 36 hr. last night, will ride it further if doing well. Love my Vora app :slight_smile:

KCFO

(KCKO, KCFO) #135

Free app for tracking your fasting. Tracks time between fasts, how long you have fasted. Keeps a log of all your fasts, so you can see how much fasting you have done over a period of time, week, month, quarterly, etc. In both android and iphone app stores.

(Kristin) #136

I started a fast after lunch (keto meal) at a restaurant today. I plan to fast until a scheduled luncheon at noon on Sunday. I will be just short of 48 hours if I make it.

(Virginia ) #137

Well, everything was going good with my fast until tonight. I took my medicines like I do every evening and was just sitting here and realized with my blood thinner (Xarelto), I am suppose to take it with food. If not taken on a full stomach it doesn’t absorb properly. I was already 74 hours in and was going to wait and end it tomorrow, but my husband said not to wait, go ahead and eat something, not to take any chances (being that I am a high risk for blood clots). So now I can’t fast anymore until I talk to my Hematology doctor. I am hoping when I talk to him I can at least fast every other day. Going to try and talk with him tomorrow if he is in. Everything I looked at on-line said if not taken with foods, can also cause blood clots to absorb slower, and sounds like the meds just don’t do their job properly. So will have to see what they say, and just hope I can somehow be able to keep fasting. :slightly_frowning_face:

Better safe than sorry, so just wait to find out and hopefully they can provide some guidance for this. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #139

Your husband is clearly a typical man - smart and caring.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #140

That’s exactly the word I use to describe that feeling! Let’s make it a word!

Ended my fast at noon on day 4. I was just feeling bad…bad and hungry :weary:. My mood took a serious dive. Workout was horrible. I tried all my tricks to keep going, but only went downhill.

Had homemade [spoiler]bone broth with chia and psyllium then 1/2 hr later had bone broth, with cauli, spinach and peppers, 3 eggs and a burger.[/spoiler] 10g net carbs, 56g protein, 63g fat

Tested ketones 5 hours later and they were .4 down from 1.0 the day before. Why?

(Running from stupidity) #141

It’s already a word, so you’re good.

(Justin Jordan) #142

Broke my fast this morning and…couldn’t finish my (reasonable sized) meal. I have, after all these years, found the mythical unicorn called satiety?

This will be my last fast until Monday, for social reasons, but I got my three days of fasting in for the week. In the last two weeks I’ve actually ended up fasting 7 of 14 days, I think. Actual hunger has never been an issue, but the desire to eat on the 36 hour fasts hasn’t changed much.

(Virginia ) #143

Thanks Juice, yes he is :slight_smile: .

(KCKO, KCFO) #144

Ended my 36 hr. fast at 42 hrs. It went very well, no urges to do any snacking this round, that was a welcome change from the last few fasting rounds. I have had to fight those urges.

I’m having friends over, one of them is a convert to lchf because she saw my success. We had dinner at her place a few weeks ago, and it was totally keto even. So I am doing a keto happy hour for them. [spoiler]Cheese, salami, olives, flaxseed crackers in two flavors, home made almond sesame crackers, cheese whisps and microbrewed low carb beers for them. I will stick to my wine.[/spoiler]

(Kristin) #145

I ended my 48 hour fast at 24 hours. My husband got into a car wreck (he’s a little banged up, and the vehicle is probably totaled). That did me in. Stress really is a factor. I was managing job stress and my dad’s cancer, but this tipped the scale.

It was a carbage meal too. :frowning:

Oh, well. KCKO. I’m fasting again now for 24 hours until my alumni fundraiser lunch tomorrow. I know the menu in advance and can make it keto. Then I already had a planned dinner out with my husband tomorrow night.

It will be feast, fast, feast, fast for me.

(Running from stupidity) #146

FTFY

Not that I can recall… I mean, unless I’m actually baking some! :smile:

PS - Don’t forget to [spoiler]blur[/spoiler] any mentions of food in a fasting thread. Doesn’t bother me, but it is something they ask us to do. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #150

Yesterday I tried the 12/12 thing, not deliberately, it just happened that I ate at 7am ish and was then hungry again twelve hours later. I won’t be repeating it, next time I’m hungry in the evening I’ll ignore it and push through to morning like I normally do. Bad night with heartburn like I’ve not had since starting keto. Reaffirms that eating after 1pm isn’t good for me.

This is one of the reasons I try to eat before 6pm, and have been doing this for years. I get back home from work around 5pm, and try to eat before 6pm. … I don’t like laying down after eating, and heartburn used to be an issue but hasn’t been for years. (It’s one of the things I was worried about trying a 12/12 pattern) That and having to basically cook two meals each night to do this as well. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #152

My evenings are almost clockwork in their routine. Home from work at 1715 to sort the animals out, aim to be in my gym between 1830-1930 then bath time and climbing into bed to do my daily journal and read a chapter of my book, sleep mediation 9pm at the latest then I’m done until my 5am alarm.

Getting hungry last night, or rather allowing myself to act on it as I normally ignore it, totally screwed up my happy routine. Whether I’m doing OMAD or just IF it definitely suits me best to get food out of the way early in the day.

(Lisa ) #154

Hi everyone! I’m doing my first extended fast. I’m a doctor and want to do some N=1 experiments so I can discuss Keto and fasting with my diabetic and obese patients. I used to be obese at about 236 pounds.
Previously have done 24hr fasts without much issue. Starting weight this time is 75.7kg/167 pounds and 174cm tall. I’m just about at the 36hr point and drank a lot of fluid yesterday (water, sparkling water, coffee with half/half, tea with thickened cream). My ketones yesterday were 0.8 and 1.2. This morning I am at 0.4 (it’s 5am in NZ). I weighed myself and was 1kg up, which I suspect is just all the water yesterday. Anyone else gained weight on the first day like this? Not my TOM! I’ll update on my progress as I go: aiming for 7 days. Lisa

(Running from stupidity) #155

Fasting since Saturday night, so I’m at about 40 hours. I’m not sure if it’s going badly or well - yesterday [spoiler]went to the markets and bought four kilos of chicken sausages, a couple of dozen eggs, etc[/spoiler]., and did about 12 hours housework. But I was really hungry for most of the day, which was super annoying.

My plan is to fast through until lunchtime today, as I’ve done the last couple of weeks.

However. My wife is out this evening for dinner [spoiler](a BBQ, which is what half the chicken sausages are for[/spoiler]) and we’re not eating clock-breakfast for a couple of weeks (at the halfway point today) as an IF experiment, which is going pretty well. So, despite being really hungry all yesterday, I’m not right now, so I’m thinking I could extend this fast an extra 24 hours (quite possibly because I’m so annoyed at myself for being hungry all day, so I’m really going to push it). Which is a truly stupid way to be thinking.
[spoiler]
OTOH, I have plenty of awesome pulled brisket in the fridge which needs eating.[/spoiler] And my wife is about to spend most of the week at a national conferece that’s here in Melbourne, so she’ll be here for dinner each day and that’s it, so I’m thinking I could do an EF for most of the rest of the week if I refeed through to Tuesday night.

I’m over my brain, it’s a complete and utter PITA.