November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Justin Jordan) #111

As an experiment. ADF does have the notable advantage of me being able to actually keep it a secret, so I don’t get annoyed by well meaning people in a life. Well, not precisely a secret - just that no one has noticed as yet.

But beyond that, I wanted to see if I’d dislike it less if I did for longer, and whether or not the more frequent fasts had a better effect on my blood sugar. Jury is still out on both.

(Justin Jordan) #112

I will say this for way overeating yesterday - I really don’t even WANT to eat during today’s fast.

(Running from stupidity) #113

Aye, it’s pretty awesome. Usually nice and crisp in the early morning, except for the other night when it was 24C minimum. We’ve only had two DAYS in the last six months where it’s got that high :slight_smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #114

Ugh, so hungry :unamused:. In the car waiting for DS to finish karate so can’t eat anyway. Sigh.

(Justin Jordan) #115

Man, I’ve really wanted to eat this evening. Not hungry, just having to fight it. Ah well, get to eat in ten hours.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #116

caved in at 31h :roll_eyes:
Was really hungry this morning and didn’t even have some decent breakfast options.

Having Lunch today and going back to what I hope will be a 48h fast…

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #117

You’re probably eating right now! :smiley:

Woke up having forgot to set the alarm :tired_face: No time to notice whether I was still hungry! On the coffee now and ready for day 3 :muscle:

(Justin Jordan) #118

I am, and it’s everything I dreamed it would be!

(Beth) #119

Day 3 of doing 24 hours this week. This seems to work very well for me! @Monurse, how is your week going?

(MelissaH) #120

Hi @bej10 Beth! I’m loving 23 hour fasting as well! I’ve been feeling great this week. Losing around 1 pound a day. Yay us!!! Yes yes I’m a dork😎

(Beth) #121

Fantastic news! I probably hold the dork trump card. I’m an accountant and I work in IT :wink: YAY us!

Glad to hear that everyone is Fasting along pleasantly! :slight_smile: … I’m really trying to hold back, as much as I really want to just jump in. But I’m thinking to hold off until Sunday night, then shoot for a Fasting week next week?

I’ve also been trying to figure out how I can do the 12/12 I spoke about just before getting under the weather last week, but I’m thinking it may be too much right now? From thinking it over, I would only be able to do the 7AM-7PM, which would mean making two meals each night, and just heating it up at work each morning. And then not eating too late at night? So, I may have to wait to figure out what types of meals I would need, and have it all worked out (scheduled) ahead of time. But still worried about the sickly feeling eating before work.

I have also had thoughts of trying something else entirely, basically an OMEOD (One-Meal-Every-Other-Day) or basically an ADF, but with only one meal, or simply 48 hrs. between a meal. (I believe some say they eat 2 or even 3 meals with ADF, but I could be wrong?) But again, fear that like it happened when I did try ADF, I never wanted to stop fasting on the off days, and stretching it out for more EF instead. :slight_smile:

Basically looking for ways to keep things mixed up, and find out which ways I enjoy, instead of just fasting all week long each week. Though it does fit best for me presently.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #123

this week is just hoooorrible for me. I restarted my fast for the 3rd time.
reaching 16h. going to break at lunch time at 17h…

Sounds like your body is just standing it’s ground and saying, nope, it meals time now. :slight_smile: Then again, maybe all you need is a couple juiced up meals to get that fasting going again. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #125

that, and some rest, and piece of mind.
I mean it has been a great week in my after-work hours. Productive, meeting with amazing people and all.

But work is just living hell… My sleep has not been great… Sooo much more stuff to do… :exploding_head::exploding_head:

(Allie) #126

Not a good time for you to be adding to your stress by fasting @Hardrock_keto_chick - maybe take a break?

Yep, like I’m feeling fine this morning, but for some reason, woke at 3am instead of 5am? … So I’ve been up a few hours, and just getting ready to head out to work. :slight_smile: … Hope you feel better soon.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #128

Last time I tried ADF I was starving on fasting days and not hungry at all on eating days. Plus alternate day digestive issues were a big turn off. Go with whatever your body seems to like.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #129

Starting Day 4 today. May move onto broth though. Hunger has been pesky. Also alternating being freezing with hot flashes - so that’s awesome :unamused:

(Beth) #131

I’m sorry this week has been a struggle. I agree with @Shortstuff that maybe you need a break for feasting and enjoying the time you have with amazing people. I know that there are studies that say the a constellation of things including sleep and stress all factor into weight loss. I noticed that when I EF, I am a little “jangly” (if that’s a word), probably due to the higher adrenaline. Throw in a stress bomb at work and it suddenly becomes a struggle instead of a high. Good luck!