November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Beth) #88

How long are you going to try for? I’m fasting 4 days, 24 hours each this week but may try to go 48 for the autophagy. @Monurse, are you doing any fasting this week?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #89

aaaahh… back to square one… or hour 0 [spoiler](homemade brownies from a coworkers birthday had to try one)[/spoiler]
Had a keto meal after to get right back on track and starting over.
Going to zumba class tonight to burn off that glucose faster.

(Running from stupidity) #90

“chose to try one” - let’s be accurate and honest here :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #91

yes… okay… you are right :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep, on the East Coast I am. … Southern MD. :slight_smile:

@Hardrock_keto_chick … No worries Claudia, and nothing wrong with choosing to partake. You know how to handle it, as you’ve already stated. :slight_smile:

(MelissaH) #93

I’m doing the same, 24 hours with a 48 squeezed in there. We’ll see how it goes!

(Beth) #94

Great! Tonight is the night that is convenient to skip dinner. What night are you trying to skip?

(MelissaH) #95

It may be Tues, I have Dr appointment with my son so I’ll be out around dinner time

(Kristin) #96

Day 1 of my one week dairy fast! Just trying to mix things up and see if that makes a difference and helps me further to my goals.

ETA: dairy fast meaning continuing to eat keto but not eating dairy.

Anyone else done this and noticed a difference?

Well, after a long, busy day which ended with about an hour and a half of standing out in the rain and heavy winds, I decided a nice hot meal might be quite nice. :slight_smile: So I’m going to break this fast at 4 days. (96 hrs.) Feeling fine & not hungry, but think it might help with this sloppy weather. :slight_smile: … Happy fasting everyone. :slight_smile:

(Tania) #98

So far so good I started today but for some reason my body feels like it’s in pain just really ache. Just trying to get thru tonight!!!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #100

reaching 13h. having real trouble… not physical but mental. Trying to remind myself that those will be gone by tomorrow and that I will feel amazing if I keep going…

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #102

Same. I loved them in the beginning - “I can eat tomorrow!” - but now I can’t deal with the refilling issues every other day :grimacing: Much rather do IF and have one day of that after 3-7 days fasting. Why are you doing ADF if you don’t like it?

Ugh…right?! Poured all day (in SE Pa) and looks like more of the same today. Together with the time change I was not feeling great yesterday. Went for [spoiler]a large steaming cup of bone broth[/spoiler] and early bed :relieved:.

Have you tried an epsom salt bath? Good for the aches, passes the fasting time and warms you up! Plus…magnesium :smiley:

Keep us posted!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #103

Just finished my lunch hour walk. doing fine.
I am proud I didn’t give in.

Also I know that my workout tonight will make it easier… burning of left over glucose in my liver just seems to kick me into ketosis quicker.

Also I need to remember my NSV from this morning.
I lost “only” about 6-8 pounds the last 3 months, which seems like nothing considering i do 3-4 days fasts every week. but as my analysis scale said, I gained 8 pounds of lean mass also, which correspons with what I see in my clothes.
Next I should go for the measuring tape :smile:

Yep, another wet one today, but it’s supposed to blow out after 3pm. But we only get a couple days before it kicks back in on Friday. … Not one for the rainy, dreary days. Don’t mind snow, or even heat, but the constant wetness of rainy days is just a downer overall. :slight_smile:

(Beth) #105

Are you feeling better today? Hopefully! I noticed the first time that I fasted in a long time that I felt achy, but it probably was related to the fact that my first dip into keto started with a 3 day fast (probably keto flu) and likely some of my gut microbes that were used to all the carbs were complaining.

(Beth) #106

Woke up to the sound of a downpour once again. I’m on the western side of MD. Looking forward to a nice afternoon before the next monsoon.

(Running from stupidity) #107

Rained all day here in Melbourne, too. It’s getting around!

(Beth) #108

Springtime in Melbourne! Jealous.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #109

It’s getting darker as the morning progresses :eyes::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::umbrella:

Starting my workout with 5 mins in the saunahhhhhh :smiley: