November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

im in!

Doing quite well, thanks. :slight_smile: ā€¦ You can do this! Just make sure you listen/watch for signs that might be indicators your body is saying itā€™s time to eat. ā€¦ This can different for everyone. Headaches, fatigue, etc.

I think Iā€™ve been pretty lucky in that I donā€™t usually have issues while fasting, and havenā€™t since starting really. The main thing that usually gets me is simply missing the fact of eating of a good meal. - This usually kicks in around day 4 or 5, but itā€™s not the same as being hungry itself. I actually wished I did get a good hunger feeling where I really want to eat something, but anymore, this is a rarity. (But this could also have to do with how I eat, when I do eat? Meaning I eat plenty. :slight_smile: ) Plus I usually do OMAD (One meal a day) So I donā€™t want to under-do it.

When taken in the smaller dose, itā€™s not used as a laxative, per se. It will help if youā€™re having issues with, say, constipation. But unless you take a good amount of it, you should be fine. Itā€™s usually taken for the Magnesium itself. (But yes, itā€™s the same stuff you can be asked to take, for say a Colonoscopy. Which they will usually ask you to drink 1 or 2 bottles. And it works very good in cleaning out your system when done in this manner.

For me, I drink a KetoAide each morning, daily. When Iā€™m fasting, I do a second in the evening when I get home from work. So usually two a day for fasting. ā€¦ Iā€™ve also added some more ingredients to @Brenda recipe.

20 oz. bottle - drink it down within a minute or so, then carry my water bottle at all other times.
1/4 tsp. Mortonā€™s Lite Salt
1/2 tbsp. Magnesium Citrate
1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)

Iā€™ve been doing this pretty much the entire time Iā€™ve been doing Keto, and itā€™s very helpful. :slight_smile:

(Kristin) #69

Iā€™m almost 24 hours into my first 36 hour fast. I just got back from the grocery store. Food shopping while fasting sucked today - not because Iā€™m hungry (Iā€™m not) but because of the carb cravings, which are usually not a problem when Iā€™m full from fat.

Iā€™m cooking now (for my husband), and even though it smells good (and I know it will taste good), itā€™s not a problem.

(Running from stupidity) #72

In what is either a normal fit of genius, or a sign that fasting is REALLY no big deal, I made a new batch of [spoiler]Ghee[/spoiler] today. Despite fasting from last night through to Monday morning.

Presently in at 60 hours, but didnā€™t get to do most of the things I wanted yesterday, since I had to work and then I got stuck at the eye doctors until later in the afternoon. (back to back appointments for me and the wife) So I happened to get up this morning at 5AM, so I guess I will be getting an early start today. :slight_smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #74

Fat feasting today. Starting a 5 day fast tomorrow. Was going to do another 7 day, but realized I have an event on 11/11, so stopping after 5 days. Giving myself a refill day (can be uncomfortable :grimacing:) on Sat then the system should be ready! I love that I can just fit fasting into my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Justin Jordan) #75

Fasting again today.

Did 4 days out of seven last week. That wonā€™t (likely) happen again this week, but itā€™s good. Iā€™ve been intentionally eating more food generally and more fat in particular on eating days, which unsurprisingly has made a difference on the fasting days.

I am intentionally not weighing myself for a few weeks, so no clue how itā€™s working there, but the frequent fasting is definitely helping my blood sugar.

Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?
(Kristin) #76

I completed my first 36 hour fast. I broke the fast after about 38 hours for the planned BBQ, which I chronicled in the what did you keto today thread. I think essential to the success of this longer fast was eating a lot of fat in my last meal before beginning the fast.

I felt pretty good during the fast, though my husband said I was irritable. He told me, ā€œmaybe you should eat a pepperoni or something.ā€ :joy:

(Kristin) #77

Next up Iā€™m planning a week free of dairy, except for ghee and hwc. That starts tomorrow.

Presently at 73 hrs. and completed my first Fast on a weekend. :slight_smile: (usually just fast during weekdays) ā€¦ But still not sure when I will break, but probably no later then Tuesday, since that would put me at my self-imposed limit of 5 days. (120 hrs.) ā€¦ But will see how things go. As usual, feeling great and already have my refeed victim picked out, but wonā€™t post about that here. :wink: I will post that on the ā€˜What did you Keto todayā€™ thread.

Speaking of thatā€¦ @KetoKristin - Congrats, and sounds like youā€™re doing well. But so you know, please blur your mentions of any foods in your post. I donā€™t have any problems with it personally and I even cook for the family and bake stuff while fasting, but they ask that you blur food mentions since some donā€™t like to read or see this while they fast. So they ask that you do this in any thread in regards to fasting, such as the monthly IF/EF or the ZornFast, @Brenda usually sets up each month. ā€¦ Thanks. :slight_smile:

(Tania) #79

Hi, everyone am new here. I was really looking for a buddy to start a water fast with to be able to stay motivated with and push each other through the tough days. I am starting tomarrow 11/05/2018.

(Running from stupidity) #80

Well, that was different.

Just finished a 40+ hour fast with Monday lunch, and spent a fair bit of Sunday 7-8 hours) feeling pretty hungry, and again this morning for a couple of hours. I figured it was because of all the food-buying and -packing yesterday that really triggered it, so I just ignored it and pushed on through (character-building, #amIrite?) but it was pretty strange.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #81

just getting to 12h. aiming for 72 again, though finally cracking the 100 mark again would be coolā€¦
Lets see how that goes.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #82

We are all your buddies :smiley:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #83

Thatā€™s happened to me a couple of times. Iā€™m usually not in a position to break the fast at that time anyway (running everyone around) so Iā€™ve been forced to push through. Once I got a hot tea and that helped a lot. I think as long as you feel well and have fat stores to burn itā€™s not a concern.

Are you a better person now? :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #84

Yeah, my thinking too.

Are you a better person now? :thinking:

Hang on, Iā€™ll go ask my wifeā€¦

(Justin Jordan) #85

Just past 36 hours now. That also makes six days of alternate daily fasts completed, which is good for me - Iā€™m not super keen on them.

Presently at 85 hrs. and starting a new work week. Allā€™s well, if this stupid rain would stop already. :slight_smile:

(Beth) #87

Right? Are you on the east coast? Raining here in Maryland AGAIN. 85 hours! Wow.