November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #43

98 hrs in. Previous longest fast was 90 hrs so set a new record for me. This was an easy fast so I guess my fasting :muscle: must be getting stronger.

Going to break it in the morning at a local cafe. Looking forward to my [spoiler]BPC[/spoiler] in the morning - really miss that the most I think!

KCFO my fellow fasters!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #44

Right?! I did 30 consecutive military push ups at the end of my 7 day fast - just to see what was possible. I think I saw my husbandā€™s brain leaking out of his ears :rofl:

(Jane) #45

Broke my fast at 104 hours - a new record for me :muscle:

Ate a small breakfast and now I feel sleepy and like a slug. I could have gone longer but wanted to break early today to make sure I transitioned ok since I have a party to go to tonight.

But damn I enjoyed the energy and lack of sluggishness fasting!

Congrats! :slight_smile: ā€¦ I just started one last night, so just coming up on 14 hrs. But I also just learned I need to work the next three Saturdayā€™s, providing training to contractual forces. So it will just be another work day. :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #47

45 hours in on an open ended fast. I feel like eating, but Iā€™m determined to end my late night eating. So going to resist the feeling. I know it will pass.

(What The Fast?!) #48

66 hours into my fast (planned as 72 hours) and I have lost a whopping 0.4lbs. :rofl:
My body is clearly in revolt.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #49

Gah! I almost gave in, but I thankfully donā€™t have any food in the house. I have some [spoiler]chicken[/spoiler] but it is frozen so that helps me control myself. (Or Iā€™m just too lazy, either way it works.)

Also, getting a tad chilly, so tea will be nice in the evenings now. Hoping that will also help me control evening munchies. Iā€™m over 47 hours now.

(Allie) #50

Iā€™ve maybe found a way to beat the cold feeling during fasting, leggings under my jeans for insulation :joy:

Wrapped up my 37 hour fast this morning. Still trying to do those twice a week. I havenā€™t been super consistent (yet!) so Iā€™m happy to have this one in the bag. Itā€™s not hard for me at all so I donā€™t know why I have any hesitation on some daysā€¦

(Running from stupidity) #52

ā€œSorry brain, fasting.ā€

Coming up on 22 hrs. but apparently Iā€™m still feeling some side effects of the illness Iā€™ve had all week. Itā€™s definitely better, but Iā€™m still not back to normal just yet. Hoping this continues to improve over the weekend.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #54

Yup

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #55

Iā€™m about to finish closing in on 64 hours. Eating window open for about 5 hours until 9 tonight (early for me.) Then OMAD lunch tomorrow Sunday, No Dinner After Work!!!.. and my normal Monday fast.

Wait, no, I get off work early enough for dinner on Sunday. Iā€™ll do dinner and close my eating window at 9 tomorrow too. I can never remember my schedule :woman_facepalming:

Coming up on 36 hrs. and allā€™s fine. Actually feeling even better today, so hopefully the bug I had earlier this week is pretty much gone. ā€¦ Only at work for half day today, so I only have to do one training/presentation and heading back home, after a quick stop in for an eye appointment. Still plan to get a bunch done this weekend, but the storms that came through last night were quite rough, so will mostly be stuff indoors.

Hope all you fasting-folks are rolling along with no issues as well! :slight_smile:

Morton no salt contains potassium. Note Brenda Zornā€™s caution (Zorn fast) and be careful with adding potassium supplement. You only need a very small amount.

https://www.mortonsalt.com/home-product/morton-salt-substitute/

(Hoby Bradfield) #59

Fasted on the 1st and 2ndā€¦ am taking a business trip tomorrow, so I may fast for the flight outā€¦ and back on Fridayā€¦

In 1 hour, i will be 36 hours into my first fast.
No fog or hunger really yesterday, but i feel foggy today.
Slept heavy. How did (do) you feel day 2?

I take magnesium when fasting (also when not fasting) but not so much that itā€™s a laxative. I think that everyone has a different mg tolerance, but it is one of the main electrolytes that folks take when fasting.
However, salt really seems to be the most important one since - from what I gather - when our sodium is balanced, our bodies have an easier time hanging onto magnesium and potassium.

hi, @That_Fat_Guy
yes, keto aid by Brenda Zornā€¦as followsā€¦
it is very important that you check with your doctor before consuming Lite Salt, as it contains potassium. Do not over consume Lite Salt! I normally only drink two bottles of KetoAide a day and only add 1/4 teaspoon Lite Salt to each bottle. Do not supplement this with additional teaspoons of Lite Salt! Thatā€™s too much potassium! Again check with your physician before consuming Lite Salt. [image] [image] 290 mg sodium 350 mg potassium 75 mg magnesium

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #65

I still take magnesium citrate while fasting, but half as much.