November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Running from stupidity) #365

It’s more “restarting” rather than “continuing” after eating and driving up the insulin response like that.

A time traveller! Going back nearly 200 yearsI Reading by candlelight!

Oh wait, you’re in the UK. Same thing. Carry on.

(KCKO, KCFO) #366

Hope you are better soon and can fast when you want, sounds like your ill body just decided for you today.

Get well soon.

(Laurie) #367

Hi, as I mentioned previously, even small amounts of salt give me diarrhea. I take it in water along with my magnesium powder and a couple of other powdery things. 1/4 teaspoon of salt the other day caused quite a diarrhea incident, and last night’s 1/16 teaspoon (or so) had some effect. I appreciate @Hardrock_keto_chick’s idea of not worrying about salt intake too much, and to try salt under the tongue. I have NO apparent problems with fasting or with too little salt–no headaches, etc., etc.

So, will salt under the tongue not result in diarrhea (because the salt doesn’t go through the digestive system)?

Meanwhile, I’ve read that potassium can irritate the mouth. So I guess that means no potassium under the tongue?

I’ve already made a 50:50 blend of sodium chloride (salt) and potassium chloride (Nu Salt). I can use this up very gradually in foods; it seems to me that taking salt in food doesn’t have the same effect on me as salt in water. (I don’t think I could ever get “enough” salt by putting it on my food. I eat basically 2 meals a day, and I’m sure not going to have a teaspoon of salt with each meal. I really hate the taste.)

So what do you think? Salt under the tongue, and potassium in water? Any other ideas? Thank you.

(Running from stupidity) #368

When you test it, do so on a day when you are home and with easy toilet access :slight_smile:

(Justin Jordan) #369

End the fast after…does math…forty five hours.

You can always start eating foods that are higher in salt? Such as [spoiler]Pickles, Olives, Ham[/spoiler], etc.? … I pretty much eat [spoiler]Pickles and Olives[/spoiler] with every meal, and find they are good in salt, fat, etc. … But can’t say if they will have the same effect or not? May be the amount taken in, or just the method in which it’s introduced? Not sure?

I actually started Fasting after last night’s Meal, so I’m just about 24 hrs. in presently. But oddly, I had an issue about an hour after dinner, where I had a system cleansing, such as when I break a Fast with the wrong foods? This has never happened before (Meaning before starting a Fast) so not sure what triggered it or how it will effect me on this Fast since I don’t feel like I have much, if anything in me now? … It could have been just too much [spoiler]Butter[/spoiler], or the large amount of [spoiler]Fat[/spoiler] that was on the [spoiler]Steak[/spoiler], I don’t know? So will just see how it plays out, and who knows, it may start signaling me to eat earlier than I would like, or may not even come into play? :confused: … Might just become a Fasting N=1.

(Allie) #371

Thanks @collaroygal I’m at 43 hours and feel fine, apart from being so ill. Food is the last thing on my mind at the moment as my throat is so sore.

(Bob M) #372

Yikes! I’ve never heard of someone who does not like the taste of salt. What kind of salt are you using? Have you tried Real Salt or another, non-iodized salt? (Though Real Salt does contain some iodine.)

I’m up to 36 hours so far. Trying pickle juice, small amount No-Salt, and some iodine (think I might be deficient). Trying for 4.5 days.

(Allie) #373

I didn’t used to like the taste of salt either, until I started supplementing it and now it’s fine. In fact coffee now tastes weird without it.

(Alex ) #374

Alex IF update…

I’m back onto my 21-3 OMAD this week, I’m basically doing Monday-Thursday eating window of 5-8pm, then and 36 hour fast Thursday eve through to Saturday lunch, and then Sat/Sun eat any keto food any time up until the end of Sunday within calorie reason.

I’m also doing 30 minutes of exercise every day on this rotation - Home Weights Circuits / Walking / Cycling with a break on the weekend as needed / as weather dictates. I’m getting my exercise in at about 3pm ish so food comes shortly after!

Working very well for me these last few weeks, I feel good, Dropped to 238 lbs from 267 lbs back in September. This is my lowest in quite a while, getting some nice comments from the family!

December is going to be amazing! totally new territory for me.

I’m at 38 hrs. presently, and feeling fine. Actually worked out last night for about an hour and a half, walking for the first 30 minutes or so, and then worked out on the Total Gym for a while. Also plan on doing a bunch of stuff around the house today as well, so will be busy for the most part.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #376

Fasting Day 4 for me today. Last EF took me from a set point in the low 140’s (lbs) to a set point in the low 130’s. Would like to drop that to the low 120’s this month. Planning up to 10 days for this fast. I’ll see how it goes. Longest so far was 7 days and I thought I could have continued. As long as I’m feeling fine and can carry on as normal then “why not?”.

I’ve wanted to eat a couple of times, but I realized I just wanted stress relief. That was interesting. I think it will be a good exercise in finding other outlets (besides yelling at people :laughing:)

(Bob M) #377

I can never make it through the weekend, so longest I’ve done is 5.5 days. Also, my blood pressure starts dropping, and I get dizzy when I stand. We’ll see what happens this time.

I don’t see another time period for this long of a fat until the second week in January for me.

(Jane) #378

Started last night after a glass of red wine. Not going to do a true fast this time since not going for autophagy - just going to not eat solid food - so BPC only.

Just would be convenient not to have to stop and eat while working a plant shutdown. And I really miss my BPC when fasting… food not near as much.

(Allie) #379

I got to 46 hours and suddenly felt very hungry so had some lunch as I trust my body to be honest about what it needs. I think tonight will be another night in bed once I’m home from work and have fed the animals, then hopefully I will start to feel better tomorrow

45 hours in on a fast that just came out of nowhere.

No idea when I’ll stop this one, tempted to have an enormous lunch in a few hours :lion: and then restart for another 48 hours but we’ll see. I have a ton of things to sort out this week and doing this mostly for the clear-headedness.

(KCKO, KCFO) #381

I’m playing with ADF protocol this week, fasting today, feasted yesterday, fasted the day before, will be eating tomorrow.

I had fasted for 36 hrs. and dropped 4 lbs, but after one day of eating my normal foods, I put 3 back on, so I think it is time to mix up what I have been doing. While I ate yesterday, I was down a half lb. this morning, so as usual the scale is bonkers and I keep reminding myself no matter what it says I fit in my 6/4 pants, depends on if I heed long underwear or not due to crazy weather right now.

(Jane) #382

Ugh - not going to make it. I have never done OMAD so I think I will try that and just eat dinner for a couple of days.

Fasting is always such an adventure!!!

Stopped at 48hr, wasn’t aiming for it, wasn’t planned, but lined up nicely when I was hungry at a round number.

Had a big lunch and finishing a coffee with heavy cream, then going to fast 36hr. Plan is to cycle 36hr fast, feast one meal, fast again a few times and see how it works.

Curious to hear how that goes. I’ve actually thought of trying that myself. Either 36 hr Fast between a meal day, or maybe even 48? But was thinking to put two good meals in on those meal days.

Presently coming up on 49 hrs. and feeling just fine. … The wife was actually going to Fast with me this week, but said she actually got hungry yesterday, so decided to eat something. Told her that’s always best to listen to what the body says, and that It will also tell you when to Fast once again. :slight_smile: