November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #345

Had the weirdest thought while on my AM walk after my coffee and water only. My brain told me “run”. I have not ever had that thought in my adult life, because of boob bounce, but I remained calm and declined.

I like to work on picking up heavy things, but I never enjoyed running even as a child. I’ll stick to my hilly and mnt. walks/hikes. But I did feel energized, maybe the cream blocks some of that feeling?

I am highly motivated to continue on today. It is near my feeding window time when I IF, and I don’t feel like I want anything at all. Normally, I’d be thinking of what to have for lunch but not today.

(Allie) #346

Seems like this way of fasting suits you better too :blush:

(KCKO, KCFO) #347

I’m thinking that too and I haven’t even had to have salt yet either. :+1:

KCFO

(Candy Lind) #348
  1. How did you determine this. I think I do, as well.
  2. How do you incorporate the powdered form? I would love learning a way to take less pills!

(KCKO, KCFO) #349

I learned by trying to stop my constant battles with constipation. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I need to make sure nothing hangs around in my body for too long of a time. What I do is not what everyone should be doing.

I can do up to 1200 mg of magnesium without any danger of disaster pants. It just smooths things out for me. My husband can look at that amount and have to run to the toilet. Most guides lines I was seeing on the internet said <600 mg is average needed, no more than 800 mg. I found I needed more, much more.

I just make keto aide be adding 2 T ACV, 1 T. of pink salt, 1/4 t. mag powder and a pinch of Potassium Citrate as well, less than an 1/8 t. to 20 oz. of sparkling water, if I have it, if not plain water. I also add it to any shakes I make just for me, again my husband can not handle much at all, I also have just added 1/4 t. to vinegar and oil and eaten it on a salad with that simple dressing.

(Jane) #350

20 hrs in and good grief I got a lot done today!

Helped hubbie put up a tile border in my bathroom, smoked a [spoiler]turkey breast[/spoiler], walked to the mailbox and back (little over half a mile so a nice stroll), printed labels for my handmade soap and lotion, cleaned the guest bath, changed the sheets on the guest bed, vacuumed the basement stairs, washed and put away 2 loads of laundry and all before 3:30 pm. Still need to fill up another 6 hours!

I guess I’ll go make another batch of cold process soap to try out my new mold I got yesterday. Thankfully my college team football game will be on at 6:30 which will kill 3 of those hours.

(Justin Jordan) #351

Starting a somewhat indefinite fast tomorrow - it’ll definitely go no longer than Thursday, as I have social stuff, but I’m going to play it by ear whether I get TO Thursday.

The issue isn’t really physical or even mental - it’s the social aspect of it. My will to fast is often weaker than my annoyance at being asked about eating. And no, I don’t tell people I’m fasting, but they do eventually notice and I am not keen on lying to people.

So we’ll see.

(Running from stupidity) #352

Really cold right hand (only) and I’m only about 18 hours in. Weird.

(Jane) #353

25 hrs in and a bit hungry but nothing I can’t ignore.

(Jane) #354

Broke this morning at 36 hours as planned.

I don’t normally have access to a scale when I fast but I did this time. I was up 2 lbs from my morning weight at bedtime and only had water and coffee so I figured it might be a long night… and I was right. I think I made 4 or 5 trips to the bathroom to pee. I down 3.5 lbs from that this morning - that’s a lot of water.

So overall down 1.5 from my fast start weight which I expect to gain back on refeeding. 36 hours is too short to affect my weight significantly and was only doing it for autophagy.

(Bob M) #355

For #2, I just drink it in some water. Add the amount you want, mix in water, chug. But I’ve taken many different powders like this over my life, and it’s easy for me to do.

Plan to start fasting after a nice meal, which will take place here shortly. :slight_smile: Probably go all week…

(Allie) #357

I’m not well so have decided to fast, currently at 17 hours and not at all inclined to eat anyway. First day back at work after a week off and feel awful.

(Candy Lind) #358

That would make ME feel bad too! I hope you’re feeling better soon. Your swan needs you! :wink:

(Justin Jordan) #359

Currently at 38 hours. Maybe 39. I know I ate somewhat later on Saturday, but I can’t recall if it was 8 or 9. Ah well.

Keeping rolling for the time being, but we’ll see about this afternoon/evening.

(Allie) #360

@CandyLindTX I’m looking after four of them at the moment, and all got fed this morning even though I feel awful :heart:

I’m actually feeling worse as the day goes on, leave work in ten mins and I think it’ll be straight to bed after I’ve sorted the animals out.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hopefully you start feeling better soon. :slight_smile:

I’m presently just in past 18 hrs. myself, and also just returning to work today, after being off the past week. But feeling great other then having to be working! :smile: … Actually think I will head out early, since I do need to go by the eye doctor’s, since my glasses I recently got are not correct.

Happy Fasting Folks!

(Susan) #362

I started a fast 24 hours ago and ate [spoiler]cookies[/spoiler] and [spoiler]chocolate chips[/spoiler] at work 10 hours ago. I checked my ketone level with Keto Mojo and it is 1.8 . So I guess I will try continuing the fast. I suspect it will be harder than usual, and i still have those temptations at work. I think I was weak cause I had [spoiler]Chinese Food[/spoiler] on Saturday. Tried to keep it keto but [spoiler]sauces[/spoiler] were probably loaded with [spoiler]sugar[/spoiler]. Sorry for all the blurs. This is going to be a big test for me. I work the next 3 nights with temptation and then I am on Vacation for 2 weeks so lots of fasting going on I hope.

(Allie) #363

1840 and I’m in bed with a new book to start on. Fasted 27 hours without even noticing as I feel so ill. This isn’t normal for me at all, it’s extremely rare that I get sick :slightly_frowning_face:

@Shortstuff Allie, I hope you feel better!

This is generally a thread that I read even if I’m not fasting but I haven’t caught to everyone’s posts over the last week or so. Will read more tonight.
I’m posting now because I’m finally doing my monthly fast. Am only 19 hours in and feeling fine but I definitely need some accountability (was supposed to start yesterday and then I just… didn’t :expressionless:). Aiming for 5 days but will break if I’m not feeling good.