November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #263

I actually found it a lot easier to fast without hwc.
But for me it might be the hormonal thing due to my pcos.

I switched back to[spoiler] coconut oil[/spoiler] in my coffe in case of emergencies, but barely ever need it. (but yes for mixing purposes hwc is definitely more convenient)

(Allie) #264

Fasting is much easier for me without anything in my coffee (still on decaf) except the lite salt I add to it. Any fats at all stir up hunger for me, and Iā€™m still dairy free so cream isnā€™t an option at the moment anyway.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #265

Passed 24h. Slight headache even after salt. slight stomach growling. Had a long day. Goint to bed now hoping all will be better tomorow.

All fasting strengh to you beautiful keto people!

(Running from stupidity) #266

60 hours or so in. Would like to keep this going until clock-lunch tomorrow (84 hours or so), but also want to try making a recipe :slight_smile:

Have been having hunger waves, but hey, they pass! Who knew?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #267

Just passed 32h still my head is a bit weird but other than that I feel fine.
The [spoiler]steak[/spoiler] with the candle next to my name indicates that came to the forums a year ago! Thank you all guys for the support and company :hugs::hugs:

(Laurie) #268

Hi, I figured I might as well check in. Iā€™d always resisted the idea of fasting, because (a) Iā€™ve been a ā€œbig eaterā€ for most of my life (including when I lost weight on Atkins), and (b) anyone I knew who fasted seemed to be suffering. But I did a 46-hour fast on Friday/Saturday and it was fine.

Iā€™m currently doing another one. For now Iā€™m going to do a 44-hour fast twice a week, and see what happens.

I canā€™t seem to handle salt. The amount of salt in canned or processed foods is (usually) okay, but shaking/grinding even a ā€œnormalā€ amount of salt on my food make it taste almost inedible. A while ago I tried taking 1 gram of salt (less than 1/4 teaspoon) in water; I was able to drink it, but it gave me diarrhea. I canā€™t imagine having the recommended-on-keto amount. I donā€™t experience keto flu, headaches, or any of the other symptoms of not enough salt. . . . By the way, Iā€™m almost 66 and basically donā€™t sweat any more. When I have my blood pressure checked it tends to be in the low-normal range. Are there people who donā€™t need extra salt?

I have a few other questions and comments, but thatā€™s enough for now! Thank you for the thread.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #269

ISalt in water has that effect on my gut too.
I love to just let it dissolve under my tongue. I always craved salty stuff and I never have any trouble getting enough in though.

But I personally do believe that your body would crave it more if youā€™d need more. Do you feel any ill effects of fasting that point to an electrolyte deficiency?

(Running from stupidity) #270

About 72 hours in (Sat pm - Tues pm). Today I was pretty spaced (lack of sleep and depression playing up), so it feels like a cheat fasting day, TBH - I was kinda hungry a few times, but nothing major.

My wife gets home tomorrow afternoon, so Iā€™ve got [spoiler]steaks in the sous vide[/spoiler], and I think Iā€™ll have lunch tomorrow.

(Justin Jordan) #271

Fasting today.

The ADF has gotten easier. I canā€™t say that I like it, but the thinking of food and wanting to eat (without actually being hungry) part has gotten better. So Iā€™m pushing it into next month, I think. Iā€™m coming up on four weeks of it, so itā€™ll be interesting to see what the effect on my weight might be.

(Running from stupidity) #272

80+ hours in, and Iā€™ll call it quits on this in a few hours. Have something small an hour or so before lunch.

I think Iā€™m mentally ready to call it, although I feel as though I could easily push through a fair bit longer.

I also suspect Iā€™ve wrung all the weight loss out of this fast that Iā€™m going to get - down 3.8kg in 72 hours - so I am gonna quit while Iā€™m aheadā€¦ (I know itā€™ll bounce, Iā€™m just amazed at the quantum of the change.)

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #273

48h. Not hungry at all but i am quite short fused,

Was an emotinal rollercoaster but I managed, no biger hunger pangs, could all be fixed with salt.

(Running from stupidity) #275

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

yes Iā€™m out of likes again. stupid software

(Laurie) #276

No, not as far as I can tell. I have looked up the symptoms, etc. I feel great fasting, I feel great on keto, and Iā€™m just really healthy except for carb addiction, overweight, and torn menisci (bad knees)!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #277

daaawwwā€¦ :heart_eyes: you can probably guess these mean a lot more to me than likes :star_struck::star_struck:

Hope youā€™re doing well? Rock on :metal::metal:

(Running from stupidity) #278

:slight_smile:

Fast finishes soon, wife is getting home from interstate, last nightā€™s MASSIVE storm has gone, itā€™s all good :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #279

so I would say donā€™t worry too muchā€¦ donā€™t let perfect be the enemy of good. What works for others might not be perfect for you.
I always had salt cravings, my mum never let me have enough causing me to stuff my face with carbageā€¦ I could have lived on bacon butter eggs and olives if they would have let me.
my body just dumps all the minerals out if i donā€™t have the salt, causing muscle cramping.

If you donā€™t experience that, perfect.
Keep the salt in mind should you feel anything, if not, just go on as usual and keep listening to your bodyā€¦

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #280

My problem: to much energy and no way to spend it.
Going from my desk job right to a course sitting all day this weekā€¦ plus being surrounded by super sloooow people. Be it slow in a physical or mental wayā€¦
All those grain brains :scream: :scream:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #281

58hā€¦ slept horribly tossing and turningā€¦ super groggy today but not hungry at all, so thatā€™s a plusā€¦
Day just started and I canā€™t wait for it to be overā€¦

Updateā€¦ They are talking about [spoiler]Burgers[/spoiler] at the officeā€¦ staaahpā€¦

(Jane) #282

9 hrs in so just started. Hubbie and I will fast together and break it on Thanksgiving.

Should only be a 40-hr fast so not anticipating any issues breaking it. Although with me doing all the cooking I may break mine a bit earlier if I have to taste something to check the seasoning.

(Jane) #283

This is the first time Iā€™ve fasted at home with my husband. He always makes the morning coffee and I found out this morning he has a special ā€œfasting coffeeā€ he always brews when fasting.

It is very mild and easier to drink black w/o all the amendments we normally add.