November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Kristin) #243

38 hours and stopping. I’m not hungry, but my husband is telling me I’m irritable. Does anyone else find they are more ramped up when fasting?

ETA: I’m not just fasting for fat loss but also for improvement in insulin sensitivity and for autophagy.

(Whitney) #244

Hi everyone! I started my first ever 24+ hour fast on Tuesday, basically on a whim. For whatever reason, I just suddenly felt like it was a really good idea! I’m at 67 hours now and going strong. I feel fine, which kind of surprises me. I had heard from various people on this forum and on podcasts that Days 2 and 3 are the worst/hardest and that adrenaline kicks in beautifully at Days 4 and 5 and beyond. Days 2 and 3 have been fine for me (with ~8-12 ounces of homemade bone broth plus Himalayan pink salt each day)! I’m signed up to run a big 10K race in my city tomorrow morning and I’ve never run more than ~12 hours fasted before, so I’m kind of nervous because 10K is a tough distance for me normally and I will be at 90 (!!!) hours fasted if I keep this going. I was thinking I would end my fast before the race, but now I kind of want to keep going through it. I’d love any advice from people who have been in similar situations. Other than taking some extra electrolytes before and after the big race, does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I appreciate it!

(Justin Jordan) #245

Fasting today.

I actually got down eating earlier than usual yesterday, so I’m already 19 hours in.

I am debating whether to do an extended fast from Saturday night to Wednesday or Thursday (Wednesday I may have some social obligations, but if not, Thanksgiving) but I have some internal resistance. I’ve done past 72 hours before (as recently as a couple weeks ago) - honestly, I think it’s mostly down to having to explain to my well meaning family that I am not actually going to die if I don’t eat for a while.

(Allie) #246

I just broke at 70 hours as this fast has been so easy, I wanted to end it still feeling good. I’ll eat normally over the weekend then decide what I want to do from Monday.

(Running from stupidity) #247

OK, so that’s three days of 1MAD done after a week and a half of 18:6. Today is feasting (3 meals! wut?), and from tonight we’re into a fast that is hopefully at least Monday lunch, and maybe through to(wards) Wednesday (my wife is heading off interstate to run some training, so I’m here alone).

(Jane) #248

I’ll be jumping back on next Tuesday evening for a short 36-hr fast right before Thanksgiving. Will start Tue night if all goes according to plan.

KCFO fasters!

(Running from stupidity) #249

:latin_cross:

(Brennan) #250

On my first EF ~62 hours in and feeling amazing!

I’ve been thinking of experimenting with IF and I’m trying to decide on an eating window. I’m having a problem as I love my morning bpc and would hate to skip that. Also the evening is the only time I have time to cook properly and try out all of the amazing keto recipes!

I think I’ve come to a solution that will let me have the best of both worlds and i would appreciate any feedback on length of fasting and/or has anyone here tried this before?

I’m thinking if I fast 24 hours and then have an eating window for 5 hours over three days I would be able to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on a rotating cycle.

Example:
Day 1 (breakfast day) - eggs & bacon at home and bpc at work over the morning ~10:00 AM start fast.
Day 2 (lunch day) - my super salad for lunch at work plus snacks (peprrettes, nuts, cheese etc…)- eating window 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Day 3 (supper day) - home cooked dinner - eating window 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Thoughts?

(Justin Jordan) #251

Just went over 42 hours.

Still just doing OMAD, as I usually do. But since the wife wants to go out with an old friend this Sunday for lunch, I’m not sure if I will get in any additional Fasting until after Thanksgiving? I don’t personally have an issue with Fasting throughout the whole week, but I know she won’t like me to, especially since we’re going over our friend’s house as we do each year. And I’m sure she would rather I eat with her. … So I might just get some good meals in this week, and start back in on Fasting afterwards.

(Running from stupidity) #253

Mixing it up is always a plus.

Yes sir, that it is. :slight_smile:

(Justin Jordan) #255

Going to continue ADF this week, as opposed to an extended fast, because…I have food in the fridge that I need to eat and I’ve run out of freezer space.

First worldiest of problems.

(Kristin) #256

I just bought a bunch of groceries today and have a lot of great meals planned. ADF might be good for me to try this week too.

(Justin Jordan) #257

Fasted today.

(Running from stupidity) #258

About 46 hours in. Day two has been fine, and day one wasn’t TOO bad, really, despite my wife being here and cooking/eating, and I got to clean up…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #259

I want to fast so badly but keep self sabotaging…
I am not at my best mentally but i know day 2 of fasting will dramatically change that and I hope that posting here will keep me motivated to see it through.

I will be busy all week so that would definitely help as well.
I have no chance to go do my workout routine though which is sort of a bummer…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #260

reaching 16h. I feel fine so far.
72h would be awesome.

(KCKO, KCFO) #261

I did the Zornfast with two fasting segments. After my one meal of refeeding, I did 40 hrs. with just water, salt and black coffee, no HWC. I had never done that before. I have to do it more often because autophagy is a good thing. About the only things the drs. who support fasting agree on is black coffee probably doesn’t block it.

I then refed on Sunday and plan to do so today but within a 4 hr. window. Tomorrow I’ll do an 18 hr. window, Wed. a 16 hr. window and full on feasting mode for Thursday, as that is Thanksgiving Day here. November has been a month of mixing things up for me. I am at goal weight for well over a year now, and my weight had started to bounce up higher than I wanted it to, so I hope to push it down a tad bit lower, so I don’t bounce over my original goal weight again. I am looking for my Phinney weight, and hoping it isn’t at my current level. Mind you, it is a good level and I have really enjoyed this past year or so, but I just want a bit more wiggle room.

KCFO

(Justin Jordan) #262

Ended my fast after 40 hours.

Not bad. Blood sugar was cruising along at 95 - 100 last night, and was 105 this morning. Given that I usually get a pretty good rise from dawn phenomenon, this was pleasing.