November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Well, I was woken up a little early this morning. One of my pups decided he had to go out at 4:15am. Then as soon as I tried to lay back down to get another half hour of sleep in before 5am, the other two decided they too wanted to go outside. :woozy_face: … Guess my last day of Fasting this week just got longer. :smile:

Presently at 107 hrs., and plan to break tonight at 120 hrs.

I am up…had the worst sleep in a longggg time. Kept waking up hungry, as in every hour throughout the night. Maybe this is my body telling me enough is enough! Currently 104 hours in. I will have breakfast once I get to work.

How often do y’all do extrended fasts? Maybe I will do another 3-4 day before Christmas.

(Running from stupidity) #419

Maybe…

I was trying to do one every other week, but sometimes it gets to where I’m doing one every week. But I would rather every two if I can help it. But I actually like how I feel while fasting, especially during the work week. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #421

I do extended days, over 48 hrs. a couple of times a month, usually tapping out around 90 hrs. I do IFing most days, and a couple of times a week, I will do a 36-48 hr. fast. So I can maintain my weight range (for 1.5 yrs. now) and eat whatever I feel like eating without counting calories or overly exercising.

(KCKO, KCFO) #422

I just created the December chat thread, it is Dec. already for part of the world.

(Alex ) #423

well done all!!!

(Bob M) #424

I made it 4.5 days. Did not go to the gym. I am also on two drugs (carvedilol, a beta blocker, and lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor), both of which lower blood pressure. My blood pressure currently runs around 110/68 or so (fluctuates daily), and this morning I had 104/66 and some slight dizziness when I stood.

My wife also made it 4.5 days, which is quite an achievement, since she makes our kids’ lunches and dinners. Last night, the kids had home-made (low carb) meatballs and Raos sauce, with good Parmesan cheese. It was all I could do to not take it from them and eat all of it myself.

(Deb Erber) #425

Trying to do the Feldman protocol for my upcoming physical. Finished a 58 hour fast at 8 o’clock this morning. Typically break my fast a little easier but since I was trying to increase calories and fat I had two eggs with a little cheese and two slices of bacon. Had a little G.I. issue couple hours later but nothing terrible. Had 1 cup of homemade creamy chicken mushroom spinach soup made with whipping cream for lunch along with a 1/2 of a piece of bread and Kerry gold butter. Was just too full to ear any more. Here comes the TMI. Couple hours later, major disaster pants, had to leave work. Haven’t ever had that happen before when coming off a fast. I’m guessing too much fat too soon. I’m confused with how to get the increased fat per the protocol and not have a negative reaction.

(Brennan) #426

@Ketoif try posting on the December 2018 IF/EF thread. Also please blur references to food on fasting threads so as not to tempt others.

(Deb Erber) #427

So sorry will do so. Not sure how to blur words so will just leave food out next time. My apologies. The post can be deleted if you like.

(Brennan) #428

Wouldn’t worry about it on this thread, nobodies really here anymore anyway. To blur, hit the “gear” shaped icon next to the emoji on the top of the text box.
[spoiler] there’s a wand option[spoiler] titled blur spoilers[/spoiler][/spoiler]

(Deb Erber) #429

Thanks for the assist and feedback. [spoiler]food[/spoiler]

yeah I am doing omeod at the moment, 2nd “day” doing it, pretty excited to see if it is a thing for me going forward, omad was great for a month :slight_smile: had my first home baked cookies on the “first” day

maybe the bread? when you are having heaps of fat, you got to be careful about any carbs it is the sugar fat combo that you need to be careful about… plus omad is a good strategy going forward…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #433

it was just a friendly reminder, and I don’t see why it should be such a big deal to blur the food mentions. We have this rule here since we started those threads for months and months. No need to get angry or impolite…

Thank you :blush::blush:

(Allie) #434

No need to speak in that way. You may not have an issue with food being mentioned but this thread is specifically for people who are fasting and many are struggling with food addiction / unhealthy triggers and that’s why the rule exists. It’s basic consideration for others.

(Brennan) #435

This is a fasting thread for everybody not just warriors. Please don’t confuse your situation with everyone else’s. People just learning to fast can be easily derailed by discussions of super delicious keto food.

Welcome to the forum!

(Running from stupidity) #436

Made all the more amusing by the fact that it’s NOVEMBER’S thread…

(Brennan) #437

Check his profile, he’s new here lol :wink: