NoVegNovemberCarniStyle

(Edith) #360

That’s a tough one. I am on the vain side. I would possibly choose poor sleep over cankles. :rofl::joy::crazy_face:

(Heather) #361

Ditto :joy:

(Linda ) #362

Yesterday was one meal of steak today was two meals I started eating at 2 but by 4 1 was still hungry so cooked another steak

(Daisy) #363

When I first went keto and carnivore I was a super salter. I heard a few long term carnivores talk about the fact that they never add salt to their food. In January I started a no salt experiment. It went beautifully. I started sleeping better and feeling great. Over the year, I’ve inadvertently added salt back in at times and realized my sleep was garbage and tracked it back to the salt. I keep getting it back in my diet and it keeps destroying my sleep. It always tracks back to salt. Right now even, my sleep has been awful. I’m eating these lamb steaks from Walmart that are preseasoned. I can always track it back to the salt.

Today’s omad was leftover beef roast and one of the lamb steaks. I didn’t eat all the roast.

(Michael) #364

My last meals of the month. First was my vitamin pill of beef liver with testicles, a quarter of a sheep stomach, and a large slice of pork belly

Second meal was more pork belly with salmon and cheese. Tomorrow I move from carnivore to ketovore with introduction of daily almonds…. Provided my bowels are ok with the reintroduction. Honestly though the timing might be difficult because coincidentally enough, my stomach does not seem to agree with eating stomach - LOL.

It is calendar summer down here. It’s already December as I live in the future. Looking forward to the December challenge appearing in the forum. I’ll re-read the 2020 challenge thread like a magazine in the waiting room.

AND THE NEW CARNIVORE THREAD FOR DEC. is started :slight_smile:

Rudolph the Red Meat Ruminant is up and ready to chat.

Everyone jump over when ready and start posting in our new challenge thread!!

(Karen) #367

@Fangs step ups unfortunately not the same as stair runs but thanks for thr suggestion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well I am behind again… too many posts to catch up with. I will head over to New thread x

Oh it hasn’t started yet lol and I don’t know how to start it hahaha useless bugger eh?

So Monday I returned my monitor to the City hospital popped yo DIY store and picked up some paints for my planter boxes I got cheap in Aldi in the summer. Then went to support, from the sidelines, one of the coaches do an over 50s resilience class at CrossFit. My son in law was also there supporting so got a lovely hug from him.

Monday night Raymond phoned me at 1130 in a panic. He had collapsed and couldn’t get back up and I sat with him till the ambulance arrived and took him to the A&E at 1am Tuesday morning . He has now been moved to the City hospital and is on cardiology ward having all sorts of tests. Suspect angina at the mo but also heart valves. So we await the prognosis. He said he feels very comfortable there opposed to the other hospital, days its like a private hospital. I know the staff and hospital have a good reputation.

So I was going to return to CrossIt on Tuesday morning but cancelled as I couldnt get back to sleep till after 3.30am after leaving Raymond in the hands of the ambulance crew. I knew I would be too tired to try my first CF session since stroke so I am being very good and listening to my body. It wasn’t to be eh?

So Tuesday my daughter let me know that her hubby was poorly and they both did LFT and tested positive for Covid. Sian had been poorly over weekend and tested negative for covid!!! Anyway because I had been with them and hugs n all I did a test and mine was negative. Of course I had to let Raymond know to tell the hospital staff but they had already done a test on him. My daughter and hubby both went and did a pcr test and get results soon hopefully.

Dave is still hot n cold this morning and although Sian had felt much better yesterday she tells me she has a headache this morning so I hope she isn’t going back down again.

All happening here, I am not taking any chances and staying in and doing another test tomorrow to be on safe side.

Food over the past few days. I cooked up 2 lamb breas which I think i mentioned in my last post so I have been eating that and have another cold meal of that remaining for today. Finished off the cold roast pork shoulder and last night needed something hot so cooked up some smoked bacon. Eaten some cheese too.

Today I have to finish off the lamb and I have burgers and steak defrosted ready to cook so I will enjoy hot food today. I couldn’t survive on cold food all the time. I have found the cold lamb breast is not as nice cold as it is hot so next time I will cook one at a time.

(Edith) #368

Wow, I’m not sure what to type. You sure have a lot going on! I hope everyone recovers and you stay healthy. Hugs! :hugs:

Karen, darn. Sending best vibes to your son for a great diagnosis and all is well and sending healing vibes to your daughter and son in law.
You have a ton on your plate, just hope everything gets settled in fine form for all you guys!! Hugs!!

(Robin) #370

So glad you know when to give your body a good listen and a good rest.

(Karen) #371

Lol Raymond is my 84 Yr old dance partner, Ben 8s my son :smile: i should have been more clear. He has phoned me a couple of times today and said he feels very comfortable at the City Hosp. Said it is like a private hospital and staff are lovely. May be angina maybe heart valves so is having all the necessary investigations. Hopefully he will do his usual bounce back to good health very soon.

Son in law Dave has had his PCR result which is positive for covid. I haven’t picked up any symptoms … as yet and hopefully won’t. I will take another LFT tomorrow. I am not stressing, Daves symptoms appear to be similar to my Daughters over the weekend, flu like hot and cold sweats and a general feeling of poorliness. Tables turned and I am now offering them help but it appears they’ve got it covered. They have a food delivery tomorrow so they certainly won’t go hungry. They are isolating and I haven’t been out today just in case. The ward that Raymond is on isn’t allowing any visitors at the moment so I am not stressing about driving back and forth to the hospital.

All will be well, these things are sent to try us lol x

(Robin) #372

@Karen18, my hubby and I were convinced we must be having a break thru covid, even though we’ve had both vaccines and the booster. Tested negative tho. But this is some sort of viral infection that has spread rapidly and is long lasting. So… I have not changed out of my jammies since Saturday and I am binge watching The Throne during the day. And in the evenings hubby and I are about to finish the last season of Game of Thrones. Only took us years and being sick together to finally watch it. Weird, I can’t focus on books right now… which is my life-long go-to activity. (My bookshelf mocks me, disapprovingly.)

Ohhhh K that is right, sorry on that one LOL

(Karen) #374

Well vaccines and boosters don’t stop you getting it but just makes you not so severe or that what they say eh? I hope you and hubby are okay. My daughter and hubby feel fine today which is a relief. I have had my jabs and booster and did another LFT this morning which again was negative. I don’t have any symptoms and was just being cautious. I sent off for another box of LFT’s which arrived yesterday, only takes a day to get them from ordering to delivery and is a free service at the moment, how long that will remain so is anyones guess! Xx

(Robin) #375

Today we both feel as if we have turned a corner. Knock on wood. I’m still quarantining myself for a week just for the sake of my friend’s health.

(Karen) #376

Good to hear that. If everyone cared enough for our friends and family and even those we meet in the local shop or on the bus we would soon get this big under control. I have continued wearing a mask and hand sanitising in and out of shops since the ruling on masks was dropped. They are bringing it back in again here, shops and public transport and reviewing again just prior to Xmas. Doesn’t hurt to wear a mask and whether or not it cuts the transmission down or not, I haven’t picked up any cold or flu bug or covid by the looks of things. It is about not getting complacent and if I do pick it up i can honestly hand on heart say I have done what I can do, in my opinion, to prevent it x

It seems I have an old, multiple days old unsent comment… Oh well, here it is. I deleted too much of my comments today already.

What. Already? Oh my.

I think my December should/will be less carby than I thought (not planned, per se but well, it’s December and I thought the big exotic candy eating will happen there as well. December has those times but it’s usually not very interesting to me, Alvaro ate most of my share in the last years too)… Carnivore beginning (I can’t do the whole month, that’s what January-May is for) sounds perfect especially having 5-6 kg pork shoulders… That’s a lot… (15000 kcal, yeah, that’s a lot, it’s just the meat :D… Alv will eat some but not much for sure.) I have a turkey wing too. It matters, sometimes I fancy turkey and it’s sad not having it for weeks then.
So I have no supply problems and I will keep some ready to eat meat at hand all the time. It often didn’t end so well when I was “optimistic”. Normal meat is important. I very rarely get tempted when I have it galore.
I can eat beef tongue as normal meat, it seems. I don’t track now, try to do it with meat though but I am not careful with my notes… But if I remember well, it was a bit over 400g, a bit below a pound. And I just ate a slice here and there! But I ate 3 times in the end. No regrets as far as the tongue is concerned! Yum. I LOVE that fatty soft texture…

But I am looking forward to the time after Christmas as I start my longest ever carnivore period then! It will be easier and if I already have a long streak, I am more disciplined and motivated anyway. I am looking forward to it. This year was very mixed but I learned a lot about myself and I think I know what I should do to ensure I will be happy with my food (I am not sure about the grammar here…).

I do these things, keeping my farther goals in mind, they help! My old November when I made 2 carni weeks… I can’t even imagine how, I only had smoked pork and chicken liver! I overdid salt even with 0.25 pounds a meat a day (liver days were better for sure but it’s a huge amount from salted smoked pork, at least for me. I am not good at eating much processed meat, maybe some soft sausage very occasionally. but that’s still only half a pound and the next day nothing).
It will be LOADS better now. I imagine.

I do water only in fasting time again. And no workout for today as I am a whiny hedonist and raising my left arm is unpleasant, it’s surely a vaccine thing as it’s only on the vaccine side. But we had sunshine :smiley: And I walked and saw 15 swans (almost all were white but I saw brown youngsters too) and many ducks! Collected leaves too, we still have a lot but the trees are mostly bare and if we don’t get rain again, I can collect most of it in the very near future.

@KetoKoala is complaining about the hotness, poor cold loving, hot weather hating girl in Australia :frowning:
I have great weather, 4C today, just perfect except I forgot I shouldn’t get a jacket, too warm for a walk even opened! :smiley: I should start to run more seriously, the weather starts to be good for that too!
My room has 18C and it’s too low for me as I am sitting there. Sigh. I am dressed the warmest in my room and in the bed. I use my warm gloves more inside than outside. But I try to raise the average house temperature, we have a great effective AC now! It gets electricity from my room but the machine is downstairs and it means my room (usually) isn’t heated… Except by the sun, my computer and me. Not always enough. Oh well, I get the average house temp, a bit above 18C, it’s something.

@Fangs: Oh so it has a longer term effect :frowning: Hopefully it will be over very soon already? My body is usually great when I go back to my perfect woe, it’s immediate relief and 0-1 day to get really right (but I rarely have serious problems anyway). Lingering raised hunger and desires may be present a little longer but on the 3rd day everything is as well as can be (as long as I have supplies and I am not bored of my food but that gets more and more rare, yay!), I get my mental/behavioral benefits. If I remember correctly, that’s what happens. Then I just need to stick to my woe somehow, that was my weak point this far but I am very very hopeful for the next year.

I fried the sausage, liver and blood not-sausage and a tiny little pork shoulders in the oven (700g, normally I never put such a tiny piece into the oven :smiley: 2-2.5 kg is better for my small oven pan! my oven got bigger, maybe I should buy a bigger one…? but it works well enough).

And here I wanted to show the pic later and didn’t send the comment. I try to avoid that in the future.

Hmmm… Maybe there is some connection in many cases, who knows? I always believed my frequent headaches are the result of me not allowing sickness while not having a really right lifestyle :smiley: So my poor body had to communicate with headaches. Often if I have one, I can tell why. I have too much sleep headache, too much stimuli headache, too bad air headache… Hunger headache never was my thing, eating helped sometimes but probably because I arrived home, tired and stressed - and hungry too but that alone is okay. I get weakness and dizziness first, not headache.
Hmmm… Maybe I should try to eat more salt for a while? Just because I hated my short salty period, it wasn’t necessary the problem of having too much sodium just having meat products with maybe 10% salt… :smiley: Or 7, still way too much.That’s quite horrible even though the meat was good (somewhere deep below all the insane saltiness but I added eggs).
I still dislike and therefore can’t supplement anything… But licking a bit salt… Okay, doing it many times…? Hmmm. I will think about it. Not a very hard experiment.

I can add back anything and I am fine. For a while. I actually likes this. I am still aware I can merely visit higher-carb styles if I want to feel right… Extreme low-carb is still the best for me. At least most of the time. So I can’t change my default woe to a carbier one. So I keep my motivation - and my food is better and better for me as time passes. I am glad if I can eat barely enough meat and egg and other stuff to feel content, I can’t afford to add something else not in tiny amounts (usually. I have my moments)! But I still like my tiny extras here and there, they help me at this point. Sometimes with variety, sometimes because I can just cook the same food for both of us… I expect some big changes this winter as I am determined to spend way more time on carnivore(-ish but probably on carnivore too. my extras tend to lose importance. a year ago I ate mustard all the time along with my eggs. now I rarely even think about it and it’s right next to my hand on the table) and this woe somehow always manages to change me surprisingly quickly, even if I go off a lot. Staying for a while must be even more impressive.

IDK what is cankles but I don’t want them and want proper sleep. I NEVER wake up, period (under normal circumstances. even I wake up a few times a year due to reasons. mostly because Alvaro comes into my room, I am super sensitive to people in my room, always was. if I sleep downstairs as it’s too hot in my room, Alvaro coming downstairs at 5am works too as downstairs has no inner doors except the bathroom but I don’t sleep there, too tiny). I may drink 2 liter water right before going to bed and still will sleep my 7-8 (sometimes 9) hours… And almost nothing can wake me up. The police was skilled to do the trick when Alvaro had his accident. Very loud dogs too. My multiple alarms never works if my body definitely needs more rest. When I was a kid, I had a super loud alarm clock. It almost gave me a heart attack when it accidentally went off while awake and studying. But I managed never to wake up when I was sleeping and it went off. First, yeah, then I learned to sleepwalk and turn it off then I just slept like nothing happened.
There are worse people, I’ve read about them. It’s possible to wake me up. It’s just very hard and especially hard with sounds alone.

Falling asleep easily and quickly is something I lost in my darker adult times. It’s better now but I don’t even try to go to bed early and I always read about something not too exciting if possible (I can stay awake forever if I want to read. too deep things help too, supernovas always can put me to sleep when it’s late and I am tired despite I am very interested in them).

But if my sleep is disturbed (wrong bedtime and waking time both works but waking up at night is the worst), I will be a zombie for that day. It’s over, hopeless, I can’t function. I NEED my sleep, no matter what. I can’t skip sleep. I physically can’t, I fall asleep even standing if I must).

If I can’t stop being on the forum all the time, I get out my wifi card again… But it was nice now, it was a stressful evening, I packed a parcel to Australia again! :smiley: It’s just below 2kg so it will be a “letter”, way cheaper! As a proper parcel is insanely expensive… At least the recipient doesn’t need to pay a lot of tax like we totally do. Friendly parcels full with zillion little things are FUN! I got addicted I think.

I must try that too! When I will be ready. Not yet. I had to salt my meat today as well and it already had a little bit… Eggs are okay without salt.

I must stop reading back now. Oh my. I get reminded I shouldn’t write this much myself… But I can’t resist when I start to write… Maybe I should try harder.

(Linda ) #379

Had some visitors arrive just before lunch yesterday and by 2 I was getting hungry so I suggested we go out to eat so they all decided it was going to be Mexican so I ordered the least damaging item on the menu no rice no beans no tortillas well least that’s what I thought but it still came with loads of vegetables so I kind of by passed as many as i could like the big chunks and the green onions but still ate way more than my body wanted…left the restaurant came home and my stomach started bubbling and gurgling then bloating and a race to the bathroom followed…
So I just can’t do that not even stepping back to keto works without paying a price I wasn’t going to have a 2nd meal but decided steak was prob a good option to settle my stomach which it seemed to do…
Today I had lamb for first meal 2nd meal steak still some bloating so no more lunches out unless it’s a steak for me lol…

I feel ya. I know that one :slight_smile: I kept saying, this soon shall pass and it just confirms so much about us and how we have to navigate eating out!