Not Potato Salad

(Warren Finn) #1

I had a win at Xmas this year.

I had to find a replacement for my favorite Xmas (Potato) salad and after a bit of
a searching I found a number of recipes that replaced the Potato with Cauliflower.

It ended up a bit of a hit with most of my non Keto family, one even asked how many Potato’s
did I put in.

The bigger win was no Xmas Weight Gain!

Very Funny!

(Simon Saunders) #2

great idea

It reads like you had some trial and error can you post your final recipe?

(Kylie Woodruff) #4

@wazzza Don’t leave us hanging!!! That sounds awesome!

(Stephanie Pratt) #5

@wazzza Recipe please. Pretty Please with BACON on top. :smile:

(Warren Finn) #6

Recipe

! small cauliflower
1 to 1.5 cups of mayonnaise
4 eggs
1 spring onion
8 rashers bacon

Method

Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add cubed cauliflower. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.

Boil the eggs by placing in a pot, cover with salted tap water and bring to boiling. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Cool under running water, crack all over, They should be easy to peel now. Cut into small chunks
Chop spring onions into fine dice and add to the drained cauliflower when still hot.

Fry bacon quickly over high heat so it is browned and crispy. Slice into thin strips.

Mix together the mayonnaise, eggs and bacon to the cauliflower and spring onion mixture.

Lasts for a number of days in the fridge so you can prepare the salad in advance and tastes even better once all the flavors are infused together!

thanks wazzza :thumbsup: