Not alerted by being tagged

(Running from stupidity) #1

Just another issue for the list - I happened to stumble across this tag (currently five hours old) randomly, and it didn’t alert me about it.

Piss off, forum software, it is NOT like any of those threads you suggested. No machine learning here, folks…

(Allie) #2

I got a badge this morning, for my first ever quote… well I’m sure I did that years ago :joy:

@juice I hope you’ve been notified of me responding to you in another thread just now?

(Running from stupidity) #3

Nope, so good test of repeatability :slight_smile:

Me too. :slight_smile:

(Carl Keller) #5

We need more likes! Also, the blur spoiler is AWOL…

I did as well!

(Daisy) #7

Also not getting notifications of messages

(Daisy) #8

I got that yesterday too lol

(MelissaH) #9

Me too!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Thanks for mentioning it. I think one of the admins already saw this thread, because we’ve been discussing the problem and testing it out for a while now.

• Callouts don’t work.
  • Notifications of new posts in watched topics don’t work.
  • Notifications of likes and new badges do work.
  • Some badges appear to have been reset (not critical, and we can deal with it later, if someone lost a badge they really care about)
  • You may see more spam, because the spam-flagging app has been disabled. If you see it, flag it. We still get flag notifications, so flagging is going to be the only way to make sure that we know about spam, for a while.
  • I don’t know about notifications of private messages, but I haven’t seen one in a while, so they may be broken, too.

This is all related to the recent move to a new server, and a software upgrade. Please be patient, while all these problems get sorted out. Trust me, it could be a lot worse!

(Running from stupidity) #11

Surely those things weren’t done at the same time.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

I had the same badge and I have made 100’s of quotes.

(Allie) #13

Likewise, that’s why I found it funny :blush:

topic

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

Notifications are coming back, though there will still be some odd behavior for a bit. (I just got notified of a “new” private message that I’d already replied to.) Also, the problem with people receiving unwanted emails should be over. The blur spoiler is also back.

All this frustration, with the forum migration, just proves how good the ketogenic diet works.

Just think if this was happening on Facebook.