NoCarbvember Adventure!

you will be fine on those sausages I am sure :slight_smile:

Zen Carb? ZC

That reminds me of the time I started a Sausages thread. A thread of sausages.

Sausage means many somewhat different things here.
I like dry sausage. One lasts for weeks if I keep myself in check. I use a slice a time, my egg sandwiches are hard to imagine without them.
But there are softer sausages, still eaten as it is.
There are soft sausages, one is for dishes, it mostly cooked in themā€¦ The other is to bake on the oven, thatā€™s my absolutely favorite if good quality and spices according to my tastes. Once I tasted a homemade one. It probably was goodā€¦ Somewhere below the insanely much rosemaryā€¦ I want lots of paprika in my sausage, not herbs but probably a tiny amount is fine. It had rosemary flavor, mostly, it was horrible.
And there is a special sausage that is to be boiled and eaten with mustard and itā€™s my other (or third as good dry sausage is great. the pig farm sometimes has it. sometimes they make them too soft or the flavor is different. they say the recipe is the same but my tastebuds disagree. maybe I am super sensitive to something and pork itself isnā€™t the same and the softer ones surely had less time to dry) fav.

As far as I know, all sausages has meat, fat and some spices.
The blood and liver things are always full with rice though. But we donā€™t call them sausages as they are very different and inferior.

I have no sausage right now except the tiny pack with sausage and the rice-filled things, I wait for Alvaro with that. He STOOD today! It was painful, even breathing is painful with broken ribs but still :slight_smile:

I was super stressed yesterday, couldnā€™t calm down, I canā€™t imagine how someone does anything but lying when full with broken and cracked ribs and vertebrae and how they surely donā€™t cause problemsā€¦ But they surely know what they are doing and the human body is quite amazingā€¦ Sometimes I seriously underestimate it and gets surprised. Once, as an extreme case but still, a dinosaurus survived a broken JAW in the past (they found the remains with healed jaw). Poor animal, no help, no feeding for a long timeā€¦ And it did it.

In the end, I got hungry and ate a lot. Yep, it always happens eventually. I ate aspic too and will eat more :slight_smile: There is plenty as Otiā€™s other son is into low-fat things now, at least if it has anything to do with meat and while the aspic itself isnā€™t very fatty, these have lots of fatty skin and some fat at the surface. Not much but some. Itā€™s perfectly fine for me if I donā€™t need to eat it all alone. Oti even likes this amount of fattiness, she happily ate some from the warm pig feet when they made this interesting dish.
I told her about the existence of the carnivore woe. Itā€™s very extreme to her. But she is the one who never learned I donā€™t eat added sugar if possible and Alvaro and I both do this since a decade or almost. Even she eats added sugar (rarely. like the cake yesterday as a snack) and she has diabetes.

Health is 1/2 body, 1/2 mind. You can be eating the best diet, but if your mind is in the wrong place you wonā€™t heal. Focus on the Zero Carb Zen and health will follow.

Focus on the Zen | Zero Carb Health | Zero Carb Health

Yup, focus on the ZC Zen and it is a mental flip we seem to hit and share :slight_smile:

(Karen) #687

They caused terrible bloatingā€¦ yesterday my work trousers felt a size too small ā€¦ first time in 17 years!!! I have one left which I will eat today a little later as I cant stand to see anything go in the bin but I doubt I will buy any more even though they did taste nice.

yes I absolutely get this. when we are dealing with processed for us foods like sausage or any other packaged type meats like that they truly can play havoc with itā€¦nice thing is we find out fast LOL and think, hey I ainā€™t buying them again :wink:

Belly tape measure on morning of Dec 3 = +6cm. Iā€™m wondering how much more it would have been without NoCarbvember. Reset. Start again.

yea I get this too in my life. It took me about a few years of losing and gaining back the same damn 60-70 lbs over and over and then finally I hit the reset button and lost the weight and am finally hitting goal and hanging on LOL Many of us have many resets in our time, work in progress all of us sometimes :slight_smile: Happy NoCarbvember and that challenge is helping tho!