NoCarbvember Adventure!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #621

@Shinita my darling best friend… I am praying with ALL my heart and soul.:heart::pray:. Please guys pray for Alvaro. I love these two and he needs prayer. Thank you.:heart::pray:

(Linda ) #622

Shining i usually just lurk here but I follow this thread and im so sorry to hear that your husband was in an accident…
But please look after you too your gonna need to be healthy and strong for when he comes home…will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers please keep us updated to how he is doing.

(Linda ) #623

Auto correct ugghhh …Shinta* sorry

(Daisy) #624

Yes, I see these patterns very much in my own life. I was started on and highly addicted to sugar as a toddler. I have battled multiple eating disorders all my life. Many people would say zc carnivore is disordered eating and I can see how they would think that. I look at it as a treatment program. I hope that I don’t have to be zcc forever. My goal is to heal my body enough over the next couple years to become metabolically flexible to eat more of a paleo type diet. My mind is healing, albeit very slowly, as is my body… again…very slowly. It may take longer than I hope to heal. I may never heal and have to stay zcc forever. That would not be the end of the world, as I love carnivore, but I also don’t think (biblically) that’s how we were designed to eat. But we live in a corrupt world that literally corrupts down to the fruits and vegetables! So, if meat is what I thrive on, then meat is what I will eat :smile:

I hope things go well with your one on one with your goddaughter this weekend. Sometimes having that right adult influence in a girl’s life can make all the difference. And sometimes, we are stubborn brats that must make our own mistakes before we can learn.

(Daisy) #625

Hahaha that was my husband

(Daisy) #626

Oh noooo! I’m so sorry to hear!!! I will keep you both in my prayers

wow I am so sorry to hear that S! I wish nothing but the best for both of you and sending good vibes to all. Prayers to Alvaro and your whole family!

I’m so sorry to hear about Alvaro; sending you both all of my best wishes.

(Daisy) #629

Today was a 2 meal and snacks day lol. I snacked on beef jerky and butter through the day. Breakfast was bacon, eggs and cheese. Dinner was leftovers of turkey with butter, deviled eggs, and the high fat liver pâté.
image image

(Edith) #630

Dear Shinita, I hope you are hearing good news about Alvaro. I shall send positive thoughts and healing his way and for strength for you.

(Edith) #631

I will admit I was not a perfect angel for Thanksgiving. I took a few tastes here and there of some non carnivore foods, but that was about it.

This evening I felt like a bottomless pit at dinner. I had ribeye, 8-10 ounces, 6 chicken wings, and an egg pudding. I was not stuffed, but definitely satisfied from all that.

After dinner my husband ate a piece of pumpkin pie. I took the tiniest of forkfuls. Even though I was full from dinner, I could have happily shoveled in a big piece of pie.

It’s amazing the effect sugar has. I certainly couldn’t have eaten any more steak or wings, but I certainly could have eaten pie. I would have felt grossly full and sick afterwards. I never feel over full on carnivore foods. It makes me happy to know I don’t get that “Oh my gosh, I ate way too much and I need to lie down” feeling any more.

My daughter went to her boyfriend’s house after our thanksgiving dinner. She said they were all moaning and groaning and couldn’t move, they were so full from dinner. We were not like that at all after our carnivore meal.

@Fangs, I totally get the cookies. Of all the sweets in the world, cookies are my kryptonite.

Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving for ya VE!

yea a few bites of this or that, I have done that before and got away ok but if I put in that one extra spoonful then all hell breaks loose for me.

Cause I am just like you. ZC food, no matter how much never gives the carb bloat and misery that plant carbs give us ever…but even comfortable full ya coulda down that whole piece of pie and probably went for another…I coulda LOL

Sugar is evil truly in that it just draws you in like the spider says to the fly…once in we are trapped and die slowly all wound up and spun in sugar. I tell ya it is that way for me :wink: but it sounds like you got thru the day in good form!!

It is funny how your daughter described the old usual ‘too stuffed to move’ Tday feeling so many had, and me back in the day. Don’t miss that one bit!

So many people say…oh that turkey and the tryptophan…pffftt we all know some slices of turkey ain’t gonna have that big of an effect on most people…it is the pie, the potatoes, the dinner rolls, the wine/booze, the other desserts, the bread stuffing, the corn or other veggies covered in sauces and geez, everyone blames the poor turkey LOL what a joke on that one HAHA

food yesterday was

10 oz NY strip steak
few slices taylor ham

2 very big cheeseburger patties (3/4 lb worth give or take)

8 oz. NY strip steak

Yea I ate well yesterday!

All going fine on zero carb. Just eating and living :wink:

wish weather would improve. rainy, icky, damp, colder and makes me that way. I want big sun and hot weather, not having that I threw on the propane fireplace and am near the nice hot heat and warming up now.

all good.
got steaks and chicken and shrimp planned into day in some fashion.

I’ve been reading these threads avidly for the past few months, and I’ve moved into relaxed carnivore in the last week or so.

Essentially, everything is carnivore except that I have a mug of coffee in the morning (only recently got rid of an addition to soft drinks) and I have a bit of scotch at weekends. I don’t drink during the week, so it’s not an every day thing, but I realise it pushes me into the ‘relaxed’ category.

In the last few weeks, I’ve been eating very very little carb wise - literally just a handful of vegetables and some nuts (I don’t have sweeteners or any ‘fake’ foods) and yet the move to a more carnivore approach has made me feel x10000 times better - and I already felt great on keto. Unbelievable.

Anyway, thanks all for sharing your insights - it’s been really helpful.

HI and welcome and that is so fab your eating and physical body is drawing you into a zero carb eating plan.

relaxed carnivore is a good place to be as many of us need to be here!

This is just wonderful to hear. Nuts I tell ya are not good for us. We got a ‘severe dangers of plants’ article and in there, nuts are not carrying great things for us at all, more have troubles on them but when eliminated from our lives, wow we do improve.

We have tons of zc things to read to see if this is the right path for you and saying you are feeling 1000 times better on carnivore, wow, just wow and so happy for your great results!

remember tho to eat very well on carnivore. great animal foods and good fats. That is key to it all…we eat to heal. We eliminate that which takes from our bodies and eat what gives us healing and nutrition.

I appreciate your post :slight_smile: It is nice some are reading along and finding different ways to handle their eating lifestyle with changing it up a bit and finding new and improved results! Cool

Hi guys :smiley: {warning: carbs will be mentioned.}

I had a hellish 1-1.5 day, now it’s better. It’s good Alvaro’s mom knows someone in some super indirect way (but that’s enough) in the hospital so she called a lot.
Everything went well, it’s still serious but well, his will be healthy again, eventually. As healthy as someone without a spleen can be (if all the broken bones heal near perfectly but why wouldn’t they?). I really hope it matters that he had extremely good health and immune system this far.
He needs to lay on his back for an awfully long time, now he gets some nutrition drink, I wonder what it contains…

I spent the last days at his Mom’s (she’s called Oti. I talk too much about her so I tell her name) place. My body eventually realized it really likes getting food each and every day so I had dinner yesterday. Chicken soup, my favorite cheese and a piece of roasted pork I brought with me. Pork shoulder, I have no idea what it is like, only tasted it and my thoughts were elsewhere. Alvaro’s mom and her best friend made aspic! A ton of it, for 2 families. Mostly from pig trotters, with some hocks as I noticed. I looked at various recipes just a few days ago for some reason and decided it’s fun but not fun enough to get all the necessary ingredients and cook it forever, too much burden and I always will love some easy roasted chuck way, way, way more. But I took 2 small portions of the end result :slight_smile: I ate one today, it took barely any time. I got some meatier parts so it was perfect, most portions have the fatty trotters full with skin and fat. I can enjoy that only with added pork. She made pork soup today, I felt totally spoiled. And I still have some chicken soup at home. The more tired, stressed and cold I am, the more heartwarming meat soup feels.

Oti probably won’t ever understand my stance towards carbs (not like it’s a fixed thing). She still doesn’t know I don’t use sugar and both Alvaro and me avoid it since a decade by default. Sugar in my coffee? I already drank it more sugary than normal as I used a tiny bit of milk (she doesn’t keep normal cream there and black coffee is inferior for me and I need a better thing when I have problems).
I declined the offered potato with my meat too and got boiled eggs instead :smiley: Oti is a great hostess, she doesn’t bat an eye, she just offers the carbs first as she doesn’t know how I eat. Her best friend offered potatoes too, boiled together with the aspic, it’s allegedly awesome. Well, tough luck, I didn’t even want the overly fatty pig feet.

It’s definitely easier to do carnivore than vegetarian keto at Oti… :smiley: She always cook, fry or roast some meat. But it was my very first visit where I ate carnivore-ish (there were a few grams of carbs from vegetables and lemon juice, it’s perfect for me).
I got aspic and chicken legs on sale. And all the sunflower seeds of the guinea pig, for the chickadees and sparrows and whatever else uses the bird feeder. I refused the fruits. I have more than enough fruits in this house, the started-to-spoil ones must be eaten, it’s nothing at the moment and who knows, maybe Alvaro comes home early enough. Oti doesn’t think they will keep poor thing in a hospital for long where he could get infections he so totally doesn’t need right now… But he can’t be mobilized yet. (Well, I can always pressure can that little fruit… Yep, it sounds a good idea. Not like I have enough jars but I always manage.)

I am so, so, so relieved, I can even communicate with Alvaro now and he doesn’t sound too miserable. Maybe a few days later when he will be super bored due to lying on his back all the time (and it will be only a few days from who knows how many weeks. I would go crazy I imagine). Even with new glasses and the book he’s been reading since forever but never made big progress.

I just couldn’t write less about him this time. My mind is full with him - and food. I am still very food obsessed but meat! Aspic! These are still not very common things to me, at least how I consume them now. And all the pork is mine now… I have more than enough meat with huge variety about the first time? Nice. Useful as I have a serious lack of eggs, it can be solved but I am in no hurry. I will experiment with more meaty days for a little while. I don’t really miss eggs. I ate 1 egg in the last 2 days.

I go back on Monday (bringing the medlars Alvaro can’t eat and I don’t want them. Oti loves them). 1st of December at Oti, well, we will see but honestly, I am pretty cool with my current eating.

I don’t know what disordered eating means but why would zc be that I can’t imagine. If one eats what they like and what is good for them, it sounds pretty cool to me. Even eating what one doesn’t really like but what they need sounds an unlucky but understandable thing to me.

(Karen) #637

:pray::pray::pray: my prayers are with you @Shinita :heart:

So pleased to read your update about Alvaro, @Shinita - I’ve been thinking about you off and on all day today. I had a friend who lost their spleen due to a car accident and two decades on, she is absolutely fine - she’s had no issues at all. I will keep everything crossed for this outcome for you. Oti sounds great, and her hostess skills are just what we all need.

(Polly) #639

So glad to hear the prognosis is good for Alvaro. Stay strong and keep eating good food provided by Oti.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, @Fangs - I have been reading your posts for a long time, and I find your enthusiasm for this way of eating incredibly infectious, so you are possibly at least 50% responsible for me even considering this change!

I thought of your advice yesterday. On Thursday, I ate a very late lunch (a meeting overran) but I was so hungry, I ate a lot - so I didn’t want my evening meal.

Rather than forcing myself to eat a meal I didn’t want, and when I woke on Friday, I was ravenous. I’m never hungry in the morning, but I remembered what you said about starting off the morning with beef and not having coffee and suppressing your appetite to start with. So I cooked diced beef and king prawns in butter and it was just what I needed - perfect.

Not to worry on the meat front - embarrassingly, I eat like a king. This week I bought:

• large beef roasting joint
  • rib eye steaks
  • wagyu burgers (90%)
  • 4 strips of belly pork
  • rack of ribs
  • pork sausages (97%)
  • 4 bags of king prawns
  • 4 fillets of salmon
  • free range eggs

I remembered what you advised about nutrient density, so I didn’t load up on bacon and the likes, leaning towards beef instead. Funnily enough, I’d gone off steak a bit and was eating far more chicken, but now I’m eating just meat, steak is really appealing.

I also bought some tinned corned beef (95% beef), tinned squid, and tinned sardines - so if I am not quite full after a meal, I can have something else without needing to defrost something from the freezer.

I have really been reading quietly and trying to absorb everyone’s posts - the photos of meals and lists of what people have been eating have been absolutely invaluable.