NoCarbvember Adventure!

(Kellyn ) #581

I still have these types of dreams from time to time. In them I am eating something sweet or carby and then get mad at myself for eating them. I am pretty relieved when I wake up. lol

Wow. I am always between 5 and 19, I am very pleased but of course, on carnivore I simply can’t eat too many carbs :smiley: Well I could but I don’t do that, I am careful with lactose.

Dreams are weird. On my low-carb or keto times I never had food dreams. This year I had one and I ate or was tempted by stuff I don’t even want… Stupid dreams. But it’s not only for dreams. When I was a fresh ketoer and I was hungry, my mind “helpfully” provided ideas for food I definitely didn’t want at all…

Probably people who seriously restrict themselves on keto/carnivore have such dreams more frequently, it would be logical… But there must be other factors… But probably none of us are completely immune. Dreams are weird and surprising sometimes.
(And why I basically never eat in my dreams? Food is one of my major source of joy, it’s way too important for me. Maybe I eat enough when awake :D)

Oh, stock. I start to miss my soup but I don’t have place in the fridge (Alvaro’s dishes take a big space. next weekend I will demand stews. beef and egg :)) so I can’t make any. Well I can if I am fine with a tiny bit but nope. I can wait, I like egg milk, it’s basically a soup :smiley:

I should be scarce now…

(Vic) #583

Travelling time tomorrow.
Lets fill a bag with boiled eggs and some vacuum sealed meat.
Avoiding airport food and explain 5 times in the restaurants to serve only the meat.

(Kellyn ) #584

great tips!

(JJ) #585

@dlc96_darren Ha ha perhaps zc improves posture? I tried to replicate the first photos as best I could, but not close enough it appears :wink:

Thanks for the nice comments, yes, it is hard to see changes ourselves, I think other than less bloat I look the same. The scales are down a bit though, even after their wee climb of late last week.
@OldDoug , I have two grandsons, I love, love, love being a granny. My eldest son is in the army and had his babies in his early 20’s.

Still a bit ‘gally’, so have not managed any meat in last day and a half other than a bit of chicken breast.

The pate looks great, so clever to make your own @Ketodaisy

@KellynP sorry to hear you are feelin a bit off as well. Particularly on such a special day for you all in the US . Get well soon.

(Daisy) #586

(Ashley) #587

Thank you I appreciate it!

yesterday food was

1.5 lb NY Strip Steak

1 lb. of bacon

6 baby back ribs

hubby brought home a rack of ribs from a new place. wow. so good. thing was my steak and bacon filled me so much I could only eat 6 ribs, 4 to start but they were so good I fit in 2 more. They are the small ones, the baby backs so it wasn’t much. But they beat our old place we buy from cause the taste was superior to me in that tasted with very low smoked taste. I despise overly tasting smoked meats ya know, just me :wink: and these ribs were so mild in smoke taste. There was also very very little rub on them at all, could barely taste any rub spcicy/herby icky – whatever the heck rub stuff is used by restaurants on them at all and I loved that also. Yea I will be buying more of them in the future when in the mood to buy some ribs :sunny:

all going extremely zc well here!

(Daisy) #589

You’re welcome! They actually had 2 different kinds and I bought both. The other is made with avocado oil and is also super clean ingredients!

(Daisy) #590

Oh! I forgot to post my platter from yesterday!
Australian cheddar cheese, beef bacon, liver pâtÊ, bone broth, high fat carnivore muffins, and a ribeye. Lots of Irish butter (from aldis) on the muffins and ribeye. For dessert I had some of the jerky I made topped with kerrygold butter :heart_eyes:

(Vic) #591

Airport food.

250gr pork sausage.
This will have to do for dinner.

Edit: It tasted discusting, to sweet. Turns out it has 2,1gr of shugar added in it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

(Edith) #592

That fits my sugar conspiracy theory: food producers put sugar in everything to make us think everything is supposed to be sweet and therefore keep us addicted. Also, to make we eat more.

I wrote this yesterday but tried to be scarce a bit :smiley:
Well I don’t want to abandon it so you get this monster.

I rarely watch videos (they are just soooooooooo long, I prefer reading) but it sounds interesting, I will check it’
I actually started to think about the holiday. well, the time before Christmas as it will be super easy from the 25th. On the 24th, there will be the family Christmas dinner (the worst meal of the year for me, usually, I simply don’t like anything on the menu then. Maybe I will tell the hostess that she may cook some pork or I will eat only my own food… oh my, she is one of my very very few family members and it’s not like I am a carnivore and I didn’t even do keto before in December so I was kinda “polite” until now and ate some of the less carby stuff) and before then, starting with 1st of December, I feel festive and MUST BAKE! I already miss baking, I only don’t do it (except bread and sponge cake, of course) because my hands are full with canning stuff and cooking normal things.
Baking is a two-edged sword but it’s inevitable and well, what could possibly go wrong? I always believe in myself despite any experiences (but if I don’t want to eat something, I can’t be tempted anyway. so I just need my hedonist self in charge as usual as it makes the good decisions. the rebel makes chaos).

Back to the video. The girl says good things, I have these. I just don’t suffer from plants. That much.

Eating before may be great in many cases. Not in mine as I go to the Christmas dinner in the morning. Maybe not this time as we spend the day with not-really-relatives-but-almost (well, my SO’s father’s second wife’s children and a grandchild. they are close enough, great folks and we like each other, without them my family has 4 members only…) and we might not do that in 2020… But the Christmas dinner is when I eat. I won’t eat before as I don’t force-feed myself ever. So I go with bringing my own food, another great idea - except if the hostess makes a ton of food for a few persons already… Whatever, I will bring it. I am thinking about some quiche muffins. They are even pretty! And eggs, cheese, cream, meat, it has everything. No one is sensitive to anything in it.

The girl seems to have it easy. I know for a fact that if I eat a ton of sugar or whatever (followed by fatty protein), I will keep feeling just fine. Maybe a bit too full and noticeable less great but it’s minimal. Still, there are so many reasons not to go there if comfortably possible. So I do those talks inside sometimes as probably most of us? I am health-conscious even if it not always seems so. I don’t want to harm myself even if my wonderful body can handle it. It must handle some negative things, it’s life, that’s okay but unnecessary burden… No, that’s a bad idea. I don’t get why people don’t respect their body and health more. It should be extremely important. I typically eat whatever gives me the most joy but even for me, health is the greatest joy, not taste. It’s not hedonistic to damage our body AT ALL. Well the absolute worst is eating while it doesn’t give us joy, only burden. But that’s already eating disorder territory I think. Maybe it’s not the right term if it happens insanely rarely but it’s still pretty bad.

But I got carried away again.

Poop tactic… Well not for me as I don’t get diarrhea ever and I am honest person and I absolutely, absolutely never will lie about such things when I have the right just eat whatever I want or don’t want. I have a temper, I can make an enemy from the harassing person in a minute if I try, I am sure and that solves the problem the same, for ever. I don’t need such an acquaintance in my life. Blood relation doesn’t matter either.
I HATE harassment regarding food. Or drink. People often do that in this country. Not to me, I am lucky and a half-hermit with a temper if needed :slight_smile:
WHY on earth anyone cares about what I eat or not eat? It’s my. Own. Personal. Business. I am extremely sensitive to this. I can see myself to stand and leave that house (and I don’t invite people to mine. or just very well-behaving ones).
Everyone should understand a simple “No thanks”.

Allergic is actually okay. To a super tiny extent, I am allergic to carbs :slight_smile: They mess with me. Close enough. But I probably am too prideful and happy with my good health that I wouldn’t want people think I am allergic to anything. As I am not. My body is just too smart and experienced and stubborn so it complains when I eat too much carbs and the less is the better. Well I may say just this one day. But with some crazy act and embellishment for fun. (I am honest but I am a sanguine, partially. Embellishment or joking when it’s not important to be super honest and serious isn’t beyond me.) If anyone will come near me. I saw no people since days except Alvaro, not even from far away. It’s my normal life. I like it.

Veggies on the plate :slight_smile: That’s nice, even extra color for our eyes! And I would make Alvaro eat it as I never waste food. Yeah it’s hard to be me sometimes.
But I love being me, whatever that means in the moment. So if someone confronts me, I gladly tell them it’s a complete waste to eat a vegetable I don’t want when I could eat pork instead. I actually need a “praise the lard” t-shirt now. I could manage to act a bit crazy too :slight_smile: Just a wee obsessed. That I totally am, actually.

Oh, can’t I have the family members who consider me a weirdo? :smiley: It would be huge fun for me. But nope, my family members are all so very understanding now. Is it a problem to be a carnivore, by the way? My relatives always wanted me to eat meat. When I only touch the meat, it’s great. When I was a vegetarian, my relatives had serious problems with me (except my Mom who simply cooked vegetarian food all the time. she never was into meat very much)… And I so didn’t care the tiniest bit :slight_smile: It was great training for later… Vegetarianism is so common. Lots of people do it in this country, we have lots of vegans too and some raw vegans as well, they had a room at some festival. Paleo is probably still popular but there are few carnivores I think, even keto is rare. At least it seems so, maybe I can find some data…
But meat is so okay, most people likes it and we don’t need to add zillion other things to have a balanced diet (yeah, other people may have another thoughts about a balanced diet and if I get everything I need, it’s balanced). Even as a vegetarian (or almost), I had zero problem with carnivores. If it works for them, why not? People should be way more tolerant when they meet someone who is different from them.

It’s not a few seconds of pleasure, actually. It’s more like hours at least but possibly some kind of joy or calmness for MONTHS regarding that item. I have that sometimes. It’s complicated. Sometimes saying no causes extreme stress… I imagine. I basically never say no, I can’t possibly know but surely there are that kind of people. BUT maybe carnivore usually turn such chances off? It does for me. And it’s cool! As long as I don’t start to eat carbs, I am kinda safe. There must be extreme cases but usually it’s easy until I stay on track. I still don’t stay on track for very long due to reasons but it is still a huge help and the reasons diminish pretty quickly.
If it’s just joy for seconds, we could eat anything else for the same or more joy. No treat can taste better than roasted fatty pork. Maybe more exotic but better? :smiley: (I surely could get bored of it eventually but I never did that in my life.)

Frozen butter!!! It sounds so good, why I never tried it??? Except when I made fat bombs with butter, I don’t even remember.
Freezing makes wonderful things with very very common items of mine!
Butter always sounded best when soft, creamy… But it is worth a try.
Can I freeze lard…?
I probably can’t afford all that not satiating fat but sometimes a bit can’t be so bad…

Nice smelling stuff is nice :slight_smile: I actually smell peanuts and chocolate at home sometimes. And citruses :slight_smile: I like enjoying myself and smelling things almost never trigger desires in me. It’s like cooking helps with fasting when I don’t want food but still want food joy.

Travel, I only had that on low-carb (after I went keto but I was fine with more carbs now and then), it’s easy, I can be very stubborn and very hedonistic so if I want to do my travel on any diet, I will. It’s so, so, so easier when (basically any) meat is on the menu… :smiley: Vegetarian keto on a budget on a travel, that’s interesting. No wonder I dropped the keto part sometimes because I could. But if I could do that, I could do carnivore.
It would be fun to try one day.

Oh, liver :slight_smile: But she said some recommended amount… Not that how many pounds of liver per day is okay. I was interested in that. Whatever, I imagine any amount I am able to eat is fine. It’s not like I ever will want to eat liver in big amounts all the time. I am a hedonist, not a compulsive or food contest eater. I just love liver. Not the turkey liver I have right now but that’s edible too.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t know why they do that. Sausages here aren’t sweet at all (and I am very sensitive to it. I can’t enjoy pickle juice anymore due to the surely not much but existing sugar). People probably would hate that…

Sugar enhances taste, I always heard, that’s why they put it into stuff (at least it’s super tiny amount here. it is in sausages and bacon but I can’t even feel it). And many people likes it for some reason. I always hated anything sweet with meat (I could tolerate some apple or quince but it’s very much unneeded) but lots of people like sugary marinades and fruit sauce with their meat. It’s super odd to me but well, surely they would find some of my things odd too.

After getting hungry multiple times in the last days, today I wasn’t hungry at all. I still ate dinner :slight_smile: Chicken, smoked pork, a little pâté, chicken soup with poached egg, scrambled eggs (or scrambled egg as it was only one), 4 different cheeses, quark with sour cream, coffee with egg and cream…
And cucumber slices to survive the saltiness of the smoked pork, I used the chicken generously but it wasn’t enough… Sour cream didn’t cross my mind. That is a cool item in emergency, be it too much salt, too much spice, too hot temperature wise…etc.
It’s high time I stop using that horribly salty stuff in more than super tiny amounts… Sausage is tastier, way less salty and more useful anyway but I started to depend on fresh pork much more too.

My food choices keep changing. I buy almost the same things but the ratios definitely change. I expect my dairy intake will diminish (especially the cheese), meat won’t change much but the vast majority will be fresh… And I probably will eat a bit more eggs, it diminished during November and now it’s below 5 per day! I eat only a bit more yolks than whites, it would be nice to use more extra yolks… I will experiment in December, it seems not a very hard task to feed Alvaro lots of extra whites… He doesn’t eat much protein anyway and he is a diligent blood plasma donor (not super frequently, he really doesn’t eat enough protein for that) and he is more muscular and active than me. Though I should track some typical day of him again, he eats much more meat now, after all… But probably less eggs.
I am very curious how our food intake and macros changed and will change.
The macros are tricky as they are all over the place for both of us (well, between certain limits but the ranges are pretty wide). I know my carbs went down (no wonder) and my protein went a bit up, fat is the usual. My calories went down then went back (still a tad lower than before most of the time). I am a bit more active now and my mind feels more active, I don’t know how to describe that. I am not a morning person and I can be very sluggish for many hours… If it’s gloomy weather, I am totally doomed. But it changed recently, my mind is active even then. I don’t choose procrastination all the time as before. It was awful, not having energy and mood to do things. I still don’t have particularly much energy but something in my mind or psyche changed for the better.
Yay.

(Daisy) #595

Ok I didn’t make it as long as I planned for my last planned weekly fast… but… I made a pumpkin spice carnivore muffin! Yes, I’m a dork, I acknowledge and embrace this fact. As soon as I tried the carnivore muffin last night, I knew I had to try to make this. I suffered all day mentally with my fast because of it :joy:. But it turned out exactly as I had hoped!!
1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of fat (I used rendered brisket fat), 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, and a couple dashes of pumpkin spice. Baked at 350 for about 10 minutes and topped with kerrygold. The rest of my platter was fried rump roast, pâté, and beef bacon. I didn’t eat any of the cheese.

cool. and topped with Kerrygold you got a minefield of good stuff there for your body with that taste you want for the holidays. Love you are working it so well for yourself KD!!
So inventive!!

(JJ) #597

Perfect start to the day. Walk around the harbour and beaches in my nearest ‘city’ followed by awesome breakfast. Eggs Benny, with bacon and haloumi, I put the microgreens to the side and went for gold on the rest of the meal. So full now.

(Kirk Wolak) #598

Hello Everyone,
I am joining late… Fangs mentioned this post/group.
Today I did 2-2.5 lbs of BEEF CHEEK. [I am emptying the “weird” stuff I bought and froze at the start of covid]. I sous vide at 165 for 22hrs (well done, but it needs that kind of softening, it’s very strong muscle).

I don’t think I will have it again. I have a Tongue left. I liked that better, it was more consistent.
No Dairy, No Eggs for me… Just meat, and REALLY focusing on Beef. That’s why I am trying so many different things.

December is going to be brisket and prime rib roasts.

I should mention, I fast a good bit. I have ~20 lbs to lose again (I call it the Covid 19 (lbs) LOL).
Although I want to push it to 27. I NORMALLY Eat on MWF when my fasting is working on all cylinders.

I know that is not necessarily the normal ZC way. But I am still able to put down 3,000 -4,000 calories in a single meal, and I find eating smaller meals triggers more hunger, and fewer ketones, which I need.

Great Pics… I will spare you the Beef Cheek Photos… LOL.
My old Favorite. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is worth of a PIC… I miss him :slight_smile:

(Vic) #599

That looks delicious :star_struck:

sounds like an awesome day J! Glad you enjoyed that breakfast and nice pic!!

HI and glad ya made it over :slight_smile:
Your Dec is going to be fabulous with brisket and rib roasts, yum!!
Jump right in and chat away and finish off Nov. with us and start into Dec! Nice zc people on this thread! And cool pic of a big bacon meatloaf, we love meat pics here!!

----------------Happy Thanksgiving Day for those enjoying this holiday!!

No turkey here for me LOL I am doing filet mignon steaks and big old pile of shrimp. For rest of family just making that along with some roasted veggie skewers and a sweet tater for hubby. Keeping it simple here. No one ‘is that interested’ in food really anymore the older we do get. Kid never liked turkey so on this day we just eat whatever sounds good.

food yesterday was

1.35 lb. Ribeye steak. YUM, got a fab one that was so tender!

few slices of taylor ham

2 burger patties. (almost did cheeseburger patties but decided to just let go of the cheese today and pass it on by, do ok on cheese but also wanna ‘watch the amt’ I do eat so just went without it and I am fine with naked burgers)

Feeling wonderful.
Holding my 2.2 lb loss for the month so far, so good on that.
Just cruising thru life being a zero carb eater and enjoying the heck out of it :wink:

Nov is winding down and at the end of the month everyone just give their update on how they are doing and any insights they found about themselves and more :sunny: and then we will jump right into ‘the twelves days of carnivore’ for Dec and just keep on truckin’ everything zero carb :wink: