NoCarbvember Adventure!

(JJ) #561

Yes, quite a gift isn’t it?! I am thinking gall. I meet most of the ’ 4F’s’ of risk for gall issues ; female, fourty, fertile,fat’. I am going to not push it and still stick zc but go gently

I noticed a ‘smell’ in the computer lab where the students work. They are good kids and preparing for end of year exhibitions. I can’t smell ketones. The odour was coming from the students. Their personal hygiene seems OK. It wasn’t body odour, as in post exercise stinko armpits BO, but it was an odour. Nurses, in my experience, are often very good at sniffing out disease. They can predict an imminent death by the odour from the patient. Or they can sniff out a diabetic in DKA. I’ve found that in these carnivore challenges that my sense of sweet taste is amplified from before. The strangest things can taste sweet, like prawn (shrimp) shells, or the prawn meat, or a good rare steak. And that transfers to an increased acuity in sense of smell. It’s brilliant for the roses and lavender and star jasmine at my brother’s city house, but I find the deodorants and perfumes of my co-workers a bit overpowering. Back to the student stink. I think they were giving off a sweetness, not like roses. Maybe it’s all the sugar in the sodas and energy drinks (those energy drinks like Red Bull are sickly sweet). Yep, they are as doughy as the village bakery those kids. One big country lad, who was overweight last year has gone stick thin. His name is Harrison. We call him Harry. He proudly announced he is vegan. I think he is doing it for love.

I definitely desire the same food all the year :slight_smile: It was always so odd to me when people talked about not eating anything but a little fruit and other “light” food (to me, fat is light food, not sugar, whatever) when it’s hot or wanting fatty, rich food only in winter… But I don’t get people gaining a lot in December either…
I am similar all year round. My energy need is similar (it’s probably lowest in summer when I barely can move due to the hot weather but the difference isn’t so huge, I still walk in shadowed forests, I can handle hot better on a bike and I do my weightlifting too), my taste is the same and my body needs its nutrients even when it’s 30-40 Celsius outside…
Maybe cultures are different regarding this too…? Fatty meat dishes are normal in summer here so I can’t be a too special one… And if my body dislikes much carbs, I obviously need fatty food all year round. My taste approves it. (Not like I don’t eat super high-fat when I eat carbs. Lots of fat can’t be avoided if one is me. Let’s talk about fat more. I like the topic. I finally ate “bread” with lard again :smiley: Sponge cake but it’s perfect. “Bread” with lard is my decades old fav - except I disliked it when it was some awful store-bought lard. I am very very choosy if it’s about my lard, I buy the tastiest, fanciest - and cheaper for some reason, maybe because it’s not so white? :smiley: people… - lard the pig farm shop can offer and it’s very, very tasty. Way better than butter so I am a happy one as butter is nice but expensive. Lard is 3-4 times cheaper than the cheapest butter and way more tasty - unless I want fat for some dessert but I am good with desserts without added fat as I never could afford all that fat calories even on maintenance. not like I ever tried maintenance in the last decade, I wanted to lose so I being me, just slightly overate. sometimes massively but that is rare).

Carni is only easier in winter (except in December. it’s easy then too just not all month. January is ridiculously easy, it’s possible I will do carni the whole month without even really trying. January is my lowest-carb month :)) because I don’t have fresh fruit in the garden but actually fruit quickly loses its effect too. I have various fresh fruits now and I don’t want them. I feel the taste, it’s there but… It doesn’t make me any happier. I prefer juicy, sour ones now. Lemon is advancing rapidly on the list of my fav fruits :slight_smile: And I allow it on my strictest carni woe, I only use a few drops here and there, it can’t cause any harm to me (and if it could, I still would used it as it would be insignificant but it’s a great thing to have).

Fancying some juicy fresh neutral/sour stuff may happen any time I eat very rich and fatty food. But the chance for it drastically lowered during the last year. If it’s hot, I simply want more water but I always drink very much…
I don’t really understand why people want super sugary fruits or sweet drinks in summer, it doesn’t make much sense to me. Maybe they just like sugar? Whatever. I noticed that in some regards I came a super long way. And in others… Not so much.
I still don’t want to eat much meat and I am fine with this :slight_smile: I already cook some meaty dish (soups are included) 3 times a week, I don’t believe I have much room for “improvement”. If I want more, I keep this number but use a bigger piece of pork or something :slight_smile: But I think I am near my limits. We will see. I really don’t want to spare my meat this week… When I had little, I automatically tried to protect it and use it only when it was very much needed. I actually needed to ease into it (I mean, eating more meat) but sometimes I felt I have a bit too little. But I changed my ways and it’s no big deal to get more. So I happily ate some chicken from the fridge when my body decided a tiny dinner isn’t enough, no matter how much I ate in the last days. I feel quite well now. Eating on carnivore tends to make me feel better even if my body should be fine without it. And of course(?), serious overeating (the thing I am amazingly skilled at even when I want to lose) is out of question. Real overeating can’t happen either, that’s cool. (I call not real overeating when I significantly eat over my need for that single day but not in average so it doesn’t matter, it may even do good. Or be harmless, I loan some food from the next day or something? Or does something to my metabolism. Whatever. Main thing I don’t waste precious food or burden my body with unnecessary eating, I just eat in advance or the opposite. I dislike wasteful eating. And feeling like a hypocrite. But I am not, I can totally dislike things I do. Making myself a bad hedonist :sob:)

I got carried away again I guess, I am sorry. It feels so nice to think here. It’s relaxing.

(Edith) #564

I was finishing up an online class today. The final project took me all day. I barely moved from my chair. I barely thought about food, but did eat three chicken thighs, two hamburgers, and chicken liver pate (it’s my new favorite way to eat liver.)

I am salting my food, but still not taking any extra salt as a supplement, no calcium, and no magnesium. So far, feeling okay, with some mild calf cramps at night.

My middle-aged female hormones are shifting again, so I’m back to having wonderful night sweats. :sweat:

———————-

Looking good @JulesyMcJulesface. We have similar figures. :grinning:

(JJ) #565

Pate! I hadnt thought of adding that into my repertoire. Do you eat it on its own or smear it on something?

Thanks, I feel good. I will never be stick thin, but I like my curves. My husband does too, when I lost too much weight while strict keto, he was not impressed at all and tried to encourage me to eat more :sweat_smile:

(Edith) #566

I just eat it as a little side to my meal. I have also spread it on my carnivore bread.

Hope all goes well on testing, sounds like you got a great holiday planned and your zc ways covered! Love it!

Sure does! Amen!!
Yea I got that surge of ‘new energy’ too in my life. It is wild. Cause all of the sudden your body really wants movement, ya gotta move move move! So glad you are feeling so fab!!

Congrats on those deer! freezer of meat!

Sorry on that KD. Yea eating out has sneaky in it LOL but when social stuff goes down we do our best and ya did!!! Of course that will go thru ya fast and be gone :slight_smile:

Great deals savings some bucks on meat when ya can! I know when I see great prices I snap it up too!!

had me laughing there. STAT!! :sunny:

oh FB I know and I feel ya on all you wrote. When we are in that type of situation you know being zero carb sometimes make our work routines and more glaringly a bad deal we are having to handle in life. When we can’t find the ‘great meal’ we are looking for and have to suffer thru ‘deconstructing’ meals and paying for food like rice we do not want etc…it can be a draw on one very much, well I know it can for me truly.

I am sorry you have to deal like that and I get it. Really shows that boundary of what ‘home/life work’ can be and then being dragged back into the city for other work that must be handled. I just hope all of it gets stable like for you in some way and hope you weather thru ok!!

@VirginiaEdie, yea the dreaded night sweats. I did so well on zc thru those but some would slip thru and I never liked them but happily those suckers went away for me. they sure did irk me LOL

yea I am that way also. But don’t worry none of will come stalking. :crazy_face:

and Jules you are so pretty! and I definitely see your body leaning out on zc. I think ya look fab!!!

I am super glad you are finding smaller things to eat to your liking. Truly a normal swing thru zc where the big old fatty meat is an aversion for many of us. Just keep eating what ya like and don’t forget fish or seafood if ya like it and just roll thru best ya can but eventually in the end, everyone comes back to wanting a big old fatty cut of meat LOL

could be alot of things with that bit of pain, I wouldn’t worry just yet on any of that, zc changes alot in the body and we have to work thru adaption times and that can be very different for each of us. just monitor you and bob and weave accordingly thru the changes and of course then you know if you are ok etc. Your pics are wonderful and thanks for sharing!!

absolutely. when our body is so clean from eating this way, we actually can ‘taste food deeply’ and that sweetness of that food comes out easily. I can taste a molecule of sugar a mile away and sniff one out HAHA So when we do eat a tad of whatever we find it so sickeningly sweet we are shocked ya know.

like one time my kid’s sweet tea and my cold unsweet tea were flipped by the waitress. I took a big old swig of it and thought I was gonna die! That sugar hit was absolutely disgusting to me and it just showed me how much I despise that sugar taste anymore. Could I get readdicted? Darn right I could and fast HAHA but I love being a sugar free person!
Interesting chat on smelling the college kids…ewwww…ugh LOL

food yesterday was

2 chicken breasts
2 1/2 pork country ribs
salami slices
beef stick

way too lean of a day now. Need fatty meat NOW :wink:
the pork ribs were too meaty, not the good white fatty ones I normally buy but the darn pack was marked down low so I grabbed them up but too dry in the end.

last night I was hungry big time around 9 but of course I can’t eat that late, it would kill me so I snacked on salami and a beef stick. ugh. not enough wanted alot more LOL but will eat fab today of course.

got 2 big azz NY strip steaks to eat today. not the fattiest cuts but will flash fry in some butter to add in a bit more. I need to gut fill at this point. My chicken breasts I still like but they are super lean too and didn’t help me much but taste etc was good.

steak day for this gal! zc going wonderful and NoCarbvember is ticking down faster now it seems…I am luckily very calm about the holiday season this year. I am just zc and will be so I am not worrying one bit about that thankfully! carnivore on everyone!

(Kellyn ) #571

You look great, Jules. To me, you look smaller and your skin looks better after 30 days ZC.

(Kellyn ) #572

My stomach started hurting last night. It was like having a big stone in my stomach. Kind of like my food was not digesting and just sitting in my stomach. I felt miserable all night. This morning I still feel a full feeling. I am not nauseous just feel full with heaviness in my stomach. I am drinking some coffee this morning in hopes that it helps my digestion. We are having a thanksgiving lunch today at work. There should be some turkey and ham that I can eat whenever I do get hungry.

(Doug) #573

Did NOT see that coming… :smile:

:clap: Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face:

(Daisy) #574

I hope you feel better!! I get that feeling sometimes, not very often on carnivore, usually if I eat something with hidden oils.

I am on vacation this week and today I made a new batch of super fatty liver pâté. I won’t start eating it until Friday, but of course I tasted it out of the processor and it was delicious! I also made a few batches of jerky and hard boiled some eggs. I will make a few deviled eggs for my daughter and me for Thursday and I’ve also been craving some egg salad :smile: i found a lovely super clean Mayo at Kroger. I’ve tried making my own but I don’t eat Mayo enough for it to stay good (I literally eat maybe 3 tablespoons a year). So we will try this. I’m also going to try to make carnivore muffins along with my ribeye and eggs today whenever I get hungry. I’m not currently and I did taste test the pâté and the jerky lol.

(Ashley) #575

I see a huge difference actually, you look slimmer after the 30 days. Your skin looks better as well. I think it’s harder for us to see differences on ourselves. You already are in great shape but even your clothing fit looks different.

(Ashley) #576

What is the Mayo if you don’t mind me asking?

(Karen) #577

I have really been enjoying this woe and not having to worry about my carb intake because I’m not eating any. Looking back over NoCarbvembers carb intake the readings have all been below 3 carbs and most days just 0.5. I have enjoyed the food I have eaten too and definitely not spent any more on the shopping and absolutely zero waste.

Now this morning I woke up from the strangest ever dream. I dreamt that my daughter emptied a packet of crisps or similar on my bed and I started eating some and then thought arghhh I’m not meant to be eating these!!! Then everywhere I looked there were savouries of varying kinds laid out as if trying to tempt me and I can remember thinking where is my meat!!! I didn’t crave the savoury treats either.

Such a strange dream. I can’t even say I have missed eating savoury snacks. Has anyone else had this type of dream in the early days of eating zc?

Today I carved up the super tasty chicken I roasted before going to work yesterday and fried some up with prawns in some butter and garlic pepper for brunch. Then made stock from the carcass and had a drink of that. I enjoyed some Chene D’Argent camembert cheese to follow and just now have finished off the 2oz of beef brisket leftover from my pack up yesterday. It was a very busy day at work with running about here there and everywhere and up and down stairs … an extra 25 floors over and above the 100 I do every morning, but with full kit on and wearing horrid heavy work shoes so was tired by the time I got back at 10pm. I am always just that bit more hungry after a late night. May have some more stock :slight_smile:

(Edith) #578

I had that happen over the weekend: a really uncomfortable feeling the my digestive tract and the runs for a day. I wondered if it had something to do with changes due to carnivore and dropping my electrolyte supplements or a bug. I don’t go anywhere due to COVID, so I figured I shouldn’t have picked up a bug. Lol.

@Fangs, the night sweats seem to come in waves. I’ll have them for a few months and then they go away for a few months. I’m 54 and the plumbing is still kinda working. Looking forward to the day…

@FrankoBear, I made pumpkin purée for my girls to use when they make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I took a little taste just to make sure it wasn’t disgusting. I’ve never really liked the taste of pumpkin, but now I think it tastes like candy.

@JulesyMcJulesface, you look very good… Like, I never ever was close to this pretty and thin good :smiley: Though it doesn’t say much. Whatever, you look great IMO.

My body keeps getting a bit hungry, eating a ton never changed this, I just get satiated easier… So I had to make some food for myself in a few mins (as I just got hungry when Alvaro came home and he had lots of leftover. he is very good at making lunch for himself for 5 days in the weekend. it takes only 2 big pots of food. always vegetable dishes, I never will get used to how his satiating works…), not a hard thing, actually.
I had pâté, scrambled eggs (it was so long ago I ate some), egg milk (it’s so very easy to consume 4 egg yolks this way, not like it was my goal, I just had leftover yolks and they dry quickly), cheese and some leftover chicken. The liver war ready too, I just had to add more lard to it. And sour cream as always. It was a small but satisfying lunch.

Apparently, @JulesyMcJulesface improved her posture and smile as well. :wink: