NoCarbvember Adventure!

yea don’t give this another thought truly cause a gazillion reasons could be for that and as much as we let that darn scale rule our lives, I gotta say just eat your good ol’ zc food and keep on going…you will ‘become’ your best truly…so we zc people hate scales as do all I think :skull:

Thanks Kelly. I just checked my cream with pictures of nice cows on it. In the ingredients it has “Stabiliser (407)”. Additive 407 in Australia is carrageenan.

I’ll change that now.

https://www.naturalhealthmag.com.au/content/carrageenan-secret-food-additive

(Karen) #523

I can remember both stores when I was in the Army in Germany back in the early 80’s. Was pleased as punch when they opened in the UK. They took a while to take off but very very popular now.

(Tony) #524

Put it this way, the 1kg isn’t fat unless you’ve eaten 7000 calories over maintenance over the 2 days :wink:

(Kellyn ) #525

Thank you, Jules. :heart:

(JJ) #526

Definitely not. I did eat a bit more than I had been the day before yesterday, but all that meant was a serve of full fat Greek yoghurt after dinner, don’t think 7000 Cal’s were hiding in it :laughing:

Thanks to you all for keeping it in perspective for me. I saw the number on the scale and was a bit rattled to have “gained” .

When keto, I was an incessant tracker of macros, calories, weight etc etc and as soon as I stopped doing that crazy dedicated weighing of everything I ate and tracking, I gained weight. Haven’t tracked a darn thing zc, even with my ‘gain’ of today, am still 4lbs down from what I started zc at…just hard not to pin so much of my feelings of success to that number I see on the scale. It is silly, I know.

dairy could be easily showing its inflammation properties to ya but that again is an experiment one has to do on themselves.

gaining is OK…it truly is cause we all go up and down a few lbs thru the days easily so we can’t make each weight in daily as ‘a truth’ of horror coming our way…but focus on dairy and ya might have issues you personally need to address.

like dairy is so wild for many but we mostly all love it LOL So just saying on that cause a bit of cheese paired on a burger just might never be the same as yogurt eaten by itself…and sodium content of that product you eat…our bodies que on stuff like that but not to send ya into some kind of panic…just see you on what foods you eat ya know.

with zero carb being the ultimate elim. menu we need to see how 'whatever; we eat reacts with us and this is just a personal journey over time will give you. Hold the zc fort :slight_smile:

(Vic) #528

So full!

(Tony) #529

Yeah, scales can be toxic :wink: I mainly use how my clothes fit me to monitor my progress.

(Daisy) #530

We went to the buffet. They were supposed to have tenderloin but had ham instead. No ham for me. I got a cheeseburger, cheese steak, bacon, pollock, sausage, roast beef, and hard boiled eggs (not pictured). I’m so stuffed! We went to the sight and sound theater. The production was Esther and was amazing!

(Edith) #531

That looks filling @Ketodaisy. I’m glad you enjoyed the show. Was it indoors or outdoors?

Yesterday, I had a late lunch so no dinner. That turned today into a three meal day.

Breakfast: bacon, eggs, pulled pork
Lunch: hamburger and a few chicken wings
Snack: nibbled some Italian sausage I was using to make my family pizza chaffles
Dinner; ribeye roast beef. (Oh boy! Did that turn out good!)

My digestive tract is getting more particular. I’m not even enjoying flavored seltzer any more. So, I’m mostly drinking water now.

I have caffeine free Diet Coke in the frig for my daughters. I admit I was giving them the eye, but I did not partake. :innocent:

Although I am still salting my food, I have not taken any extra salt as a supplement, magnesium, or calcium. I shall see what happens this time around with the cramps. I’m on day three of no supplements.

(Daisy) #532

It was indoors and so good!

@Carnivoor–wow Vic that is one nice pic of great meat!

Meat buffets are fun aren’t they! Nic pic of a big old plate of meat. Love it. I am not a ham person ever either. I would be skipping that too :wink: So glad you had a great time at the theater! Events and eating zc, what more can ya ask LOL

this is real cool to read you are going with no supps and am rooting for ya that cramps are over and you can start to dump that and just eat and thrive! Yes, water is my only drink also and you know what, every now and then I get antsy cause it is like, only water? but in the end, honestly water is key to life ya know so drink away :slight_smile:

You were giving your diet coke ‘the eye’…lol…too funny!

-------------------good carnivore morning

yesterday was
10 oz NY strip
few slices taylor ham
12 oz NY strip
few beef sticks

a steak a day keeps the dr. away…wait, make that 2 steaks :wink:

nothing new to report. I did get on the scale and I got a .2 down…which means nothing BUT means I am forever just inching my way down and down with the number and I love that. Of course like Tony said, my clothes etc. really determine alot for me vs. a number on that scale. 2.2 down for Nov. I have been blessed by the scale gods HA

today thinking ribeye steak and shrimp. I am wanting some shrimp but when it comes time to make it I am too lazy to make a steak and shrimp. Sad huh LOL Might just boil up a few lbs. of shrimp and fridge them for grabbing. yea, sounds good.

ZC solider on everyone! Great things come to those who eat carnivore!!

(Edith) #534

Well… the cramps started again last night. I will try staying off the extra salt and see if that passes.

On the Zero Carb Health site, salt addiction/withdrawal was mentioned but when I asked for references, none were given. I am willing to give the idea of salt addiction a go.

I found one legit source that mentioned fatigue as a possible salt withdrawal symptom, but nothing else.

yea did ya see that video on ‘salt or no salt’ from Steak and Butter Gal I posted in the vid section? but that is her personal experience but might give ya some insight or hit home maybe that kinda is something about you and your journey?

but salt is wild cause I am a super salter. Ain’t no joke about that. I love my salt on food point blank. I know I am addicted LOL and when I try to ‘cut back’ and I have, I just don’t enjoy my food as much but I can eat it ya know…but it is do I wanna let my salt go? So far it has not effected me cause last blood pressure check when I took my kid in for a few Dr tests (all good) I had the nurse do me on BP. 112/74? or so in that range. Ok no salt trouble there. And what else does ‘it do to me’ in that I can’t see inside me at that point LOL and I also don’t feel bad in any way on my salt…but I might drop like 2 lbs of sodium bloat if I do quit it? big deal HAHA

so for me it is just what do you want or need about salt in your life.
you need it then have it. you want it, then have at it.

again personal how we roll on that one.

(Vic) #536

Today was

Raw pork
Cured and un ured bacon

Blue cheese
Scampi shrimps in heavy cream
Jong cheese

The scale showed 3 pounds up :pleading_face: :sob:

nice food pic!!

3 up is nothing in zc :slight_smile: you wait a day and it will be gone LOL

I know when I eat my shrimp in my homemade alfredo sauce, and I dot that sauce with alot of fresh parm cheese, I go a tad up on the scale also. I learned to not worry about it cause when I just don’t eat as much cream or cheese in my days all that weight goes away and for me, personally, I have to ‘watch’ dairy intake. I do actually limit all dairy from cream to cheese and make sure I don’t eat it every day. That is a personal thing for me, I can have it, but I must watch it for sure…some can go all in and eat it up all the time and do well. Not me, I am fortunate I can have some and do well on it but I can’t go overboard.

also when I eat alot of bacon I get sodium hit bad and can go up lbs for that reason and I usually pair bacon with melted cheddar cheese on it cause I love it and yea I can see an up with that meal too when I have it.

You been zc a while now, you got this and know your food pattern and all. I learned mine and have to stick to it and you do the same…eat those things more that suit your body well.

ok that was just a chat about ‘me’ and how I need to make it work HAHA
not about you but I know you know your body well and eat accordingly.
just a ramble on when the scale shows up a bit, nice thing about zc is it always comes back down.

(Vic) #538

Its dairy and more salt.
Also a little extra fat from lots of stress lately, but not much.

It doesnt matter, mostly just water.

I really like your post, amazing similarities. Thnx.
I lived in doubt for years, am I doing the right thing, woe. In the last 2 weeks it has evolved to mostly convinced this is my thing and its good for me.
I will remain a sceptic, its my nature. Looking at the scale and seeing it go up scares me. Can’t help myself.

(JJ) #539

I am with you on this, am always constantly evolving in my opinions and beliefs about different woe. I know I will be low carb or keto for life and prefer to stick to whole foods and am never going back to wheat and sugar, but my ideas beyond that are not so fixed and certain.
I never thought I would give zc a go, but am pleased I have.

The scale going up us rather horrifying, I get that totally as well, I need to work on that and not be so fixated on numbers, but having said that, those numbers can be very useful too.
Checking in on my weight let me know recently that I was drifting significantly upwards, my clothes had told me that, but are easier to ignore. Seeing that number gave me the kick in the butt to address my eating, before I got to the point of having an extra 20kg on…it’s happened before that the weight sneaks on without me realising.

Still holding strong. I ate some tuna at 3am when I felt snacky. Some roast lamb for breakfast when home and some steak and eggs when I woke up for dinner.

Am not going to give in, but the call of salad is getting stronger for me, weird thing to crave. Some cucumber or iceberg lettuce are on my mind. I think the heat and humidity here in Australia right now are influencing that desire for water rich, “cool” foods.

(Vic) #540

Lunch.
Steak, the cheaper grain finished stuff.
Also had some blue cheese.