NoCarbvember Adventure!

thanks for a great report on that store. I will shop it now :slight_smile:
It sounds a bit like our Aldi store because one week they have the best pork ribs and great prices but then that disappears for like a month but then reappears if you hit it right on your shopping trips. I will definitely check them out!

that is one nice pic of a beauty of a steak!

I am sorry to hear that work is making you tired like that, extra shifts will do that to you :slight_smile: but I am SO glad you held to zc and ate all zc stuff while wanting other junk. I do the same, I get that cravey feeling I eat up all the zc in the world LOL so ya did great on that one!!

also you are getting good time off veg now in your body…if you do opt back some plants, you can truly see how your body reacts to them. Some you might do very well on and others might upset your tummy or ?? but at least you know then. ZC being that ultimate elminination menu that when if you do decide to go back into a very low carb plan, you truly get to see what fodos suit you and won’t ones won’t. You get to know your body very well then.

Get some great sleep and hang on :slight_smile: You are doing wonderful!

@FrankoBear, Carnivore is easier in the winter. And, maybe, that was the natural seasonal cycle for it? Rather than all year round WOE

See I see this way different. If a natural seasonal thing then mankind would never have evolved as they have with bigger brains and to the level we have. Meat protein was key in evolution so that right there would combat that reasoning. It is a ‘human thought’ put onto this issue that came about with agriculture that ‘made this seasonal cycle’ thoughts come about. Nah, carnivore is super easy for me in summer…I just grill outside more often LOL There truly are alot of zc people who don’t do this for theraputic reasons at all, some just find this WOE gives them such benefits and overwhelming healthy feelings that eating plant carbs can never give them, but of course alot of us do need to be here but we enjoy it also :wink:

--------food yesterday was
12 oz. ribeye steak
2 big chicken breasts
can of tuna

holding strong in zc as usual. I do love this plan so that is a monster plus for me. I love being an ultimate meat hound :sunny:

I am getting some want of bacon. Haven’t had it in a while. Later when out and about will hit store and buy up about 6 packs. Will fry a lb and just eat it up, yea when I want bacon, I want bacon LOL that will satisfy me for a good bit. I ate SO much bacon back in the day, now I just want it when I want it. I think alot of zc people go thru meat cycles LOL

Soldier on everyone, Nov is just flying thru and Dec is on its way!!

(Kellyn ) #502

Thank you, @VirginiaEdie. I am doing better, at least today. My daughter had an exposure to COVID last Saturday. I plan to take me and her both to get tested on Monday. If negative we will be able to go to my parents house for Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:t2:

(Kellyn ) #503

you should be proud. It’s so wonderful to beat your carb and sugar addition and acutally want to eat meat, even in stressful times.

Hi @KellynP … I’m sorry to hear about your Dad’s diagnosis, but like you said… as a Daddy’s girl, that stuff hits really hard. You did what a lot of people would do- so don’t be hard on yourself. I chose to start walking (no matter the weather) when I started getting upset - that helped alot. Before, I would have eaten my way into oblivion.
We have a close cousin who was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He stuck to the treatments, changed his eating habits (no sugar), and just got his 5 year- clean bill of health (cancer-free) last year. (Only mentioning that, because it helps sometimes to have real-life examples of people who have kicked the cancer.) Will be praying for you, your Dad, and family. ((((HUGS))))))

(Kellyn ) #505

I loved that you shared your cousin’s story. It does help to hear that. Walking is a great idea. I do feel better when I walk. I know there will be hard days ahead and I am so grateful to this way of eating and this community, because (you are right) before I would have just binged on sugar and carbs where now I would rather eat meat. I love the idea of walking when I start getting upset. I do think that will help and give me some alone time to just cry it out if needed. Crying instead of holding in my emotions helps as well. Thank you for your prayers, @SecondBreakfast :heart:

Kellyn, I hope there will be good news and your Dad will be among the luckiest ones with prostate cancer too… (I am so not good with words sometimes sigh)

(Kellyn ) #507

Awwwww, @Shinita, thank you. I appreciate you.

(Daisy) #508

Today’s eats: I had a cup of slushy bone broth while cooking up high fat crack chicken (I could only eat half of this), hen and quail eggs, and liver pâté(ate just over half). I’m going on an overnight trip tomorrow, so will likely eat twice. I will finish these leftovers before we leave, then we are going to Amish country and we always go to an Amish buffet. Last time I was there, I was keto, but hopefully I can find a decent selection of carnivore. I shouldn’t be overly hungry anyway.
image image

(Kellyn ) #509

I was listening to a youtube video, Keto Savage, and they were talking about making sure if you drink HWC to make sure it does not have carrageenan in it. They said that it is so bad for you. I decided to go check the HWC that I drink daily and what do you know, it has carrageenan in it. :woman_facepalming:t2: I did some research and found a brand that does not have this additive, Organic Valley Heavy Cream pasteurized. I will be buying it tonight and ditching the other.

Why should you avoid Carrageenan?

• The way carrageenan is chemically structured triggers an autoimmune response. Autoimmune responses lead to inflammation within the body.

• The inflammation has been noticed more specifically in the gastrointestinal system. Ranging from “belly bloat” , to (IBS) irritable bowel syndrome, to (IBD) Irritable bowel disease.

• Prolonged inflammation within the body is a precursor to more serious health morbidity.

• There are many inflammatory diseases that have been associated with the human body: inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis, arteriosclerosis, as well as cancers.

• There is concern by scientists that the acidity found within the stomach causes “food grade” carrageenan to “degrade”, which would expose your digestive system to a recognized carcinogen.

• “Carrageenan exposure clearly causes inflammation; the amount of carrageenan in food products is sufficient to cause inflammation; and degraded carrageenan and food-grade carrageenan are both harmful.” – Dr. Joanne Tobacman, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago Click here to read more from Dr. Joanne Tobacman

• “[Dr. Tobacman] explained that all forms of carrageenan are capable of causing inflammation. This is bad news. We know that chronic inflammation is a root cause of many serious diseases including heart disease, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, and cancer. All told, I recommend avoiding regular consumption of foods containing carrageenan.” – Dr. Andrew Weil

(Edith) #510

This is why my husband switched back to half and half.

(Karen) #511

@Fangs Yes Lidl is very like Aldi. We have both here. They are located fairly close to each other. I am not a huge fan of bacon and have only started including it in my diet again since starting Keto. I pick up mine from Lidl. They sell large packs of cooking bacon (about £1.75) which is very much cheaper than the smaller packets containing 8 - 12 rashers . I have a good root through all the packs to find one that has thin slices of streaky bacon as some do tend to have chunky pieces and that to me is like eating gammon and I don’t like gammon either! However it is all a matter of taste you may love Gammon? Anyway look out for them when you try your local Lidl. Hopefully they will have something similar.

LIDL is my fav supermarket, actually though I visit almost all of them in the city when we go shopping… It’s quite tiring but it’s once a month :slight_smile: I get aged Gouda from Aldi :slight_smile:
I still didn’t buy bacon slices, I did it once in my life but it was tasteless. It would be fun to make those frilly things just once… Bacon isn’t among my favs so I don’t plan to buy any ever afterwards. I am definitely a chuck person now. Smoked or fresh, it’s the best! :smiley: Just the perfect fat/protein ratio for me.
I only buy ribs to eat with some lean thing. Today I made stew from the chicken breast that came with my meat (it was a little work but it’s quite cheap chicken breast… too bad I pretty much dislike that part, I eat anything in the chicken but that if possible. well chicken foot is even worse but that is no meat or proper skin), I used lard generously but ate it with smoked cooked pork ribs. Pork chop gets the same treatment but I avoid it, I just buy chuck. Alvaro loves the chop though, he is into every lean meat…

Well my day ended in chaos :smiley: Considering my circumstances, it seems I take another, longer break now and come back to a strict week on Monday. I just don’t care and it seems a great idea just to eat whatever. Experiments are nice.
Well the problem was that I simply run out of everything and was hungry after my meal. Not an egg, not some cream, not a cheese I like, meat only in the freezer and I don’t start with that at 9pm (and not my fav ones I am willing to eat after a very proper meal. I like desserts at that point. or my fav meats. or anything I didn’t eat for the meal yet)… Maybe I need being even more ready in the future? But I wasn’t so motivated anymore anyway so it was easier to stray but not super easy as I didn’t desire anything, I was merely hungry.
I regret nothing as usual, I am okay with my November this far and winter is coming. I will have a much longer trial then just not as strict, probably. But I really can’t possibly know, it’s up to my desires and I don’t have much lately (or the target is very proper carnivore. nothing beats the charm of meat, I just don’t always have enough of the right type. but I am working on it).
Well, it seems I don’t only not have any desire toward carbs, I don’t like the taste either. But I am satiated now, it’s something. I ate a little this, a little that… The majority of my meal was carnivore, of course, I just needed a little extra afterwards and had no good options. Maybe if I ate pork instead of the chicken, it would have been more successful… I ate pork ribs but only a bit.
And maybe waiting until 18:40 wasn’t the best idea? But I wasn’t hungry at all even then… It’s so not easy to decide when to eat. I barely ever get hungry, I felt no particular need to eat today… But eating still seemed a nice idea. (It’s Zornfast so fasting all day was an option but I just don’t like the idea of that, I like eating every day and I usually need that too.)

Oh well. I will buy so much stuff on Saturday, it will be easier afterwards. Maybe I will use the next days and experiment more. Not very much due to lack of desire but we will see.

(Vic) #513

If I remember correctly. They use to be 1 and the same. Long ago the 2 owners/brothers split and 1 continued Aldi, the other set up Lidl

(JJ) #514

@KellynP I am sorry to hear that the news was not good for your Dad’s recent tests. I wish him all the best as he embarks on his treatment. Big hugs to you too as you support your parents right now.

(Vic) #515

I started to dilute my koffie with hot water 1 on 1.
Lets see if thats reduces the koffie consumption.

thanks for the good info. I will definitely check out bigger packs of bacon. Any way to save cost in buying some bigger bulk packages is fine by me.
I also buy the fatty packs of bacon, my mom goes for the ‘red lean’ meat packs and I am like, omg that has no flavor, it is the big old white fatty packs I love!

---------------yesterday food was

10 oz ribeye steak
1/2 chicken breast leftover I finished off
12 oz NY strip steak
tin of sardines

it was a steak day for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

feeling wonderful and holding plan.

but last night around 10:30 omg I had cravings and ONLY because my kid wanted some junk and asked for things I like also, usually I buy her other kid junk that I would never eat so no draw, but this time I kept thinking about the new junky items and chips I got for her and I had to have a ‘conversation’ with myself. I can justify eating any crap easily, but before I ever go off my zero carb plan, I also make sure I tell the truth to me about what eating that crap does to me :wink: So when I do that, I then can’t justify putting any of that junk in my body truly. I just can’t eat it then. So this little ‘chat system’ I have with myself works all the time now.

I am so zero carb for so long that justifying eating garbage isn’t something I can do anymore no matter how much I crave stuff, but that is a good thing for me :wink:

So I sailed thru my cravings easily and didn’t eat nothing. I have steaks defrosted for today but some shrimp is calling my name also. Surf and turf meal probably.

be good everyone. you only get out of eating zero carb with what effort you put into it to get the great carnivore benefits it gives us!

(Vic) #517

Forest pigeons for lunch.

(Daisy) #518

That is something I have never tried!

(Daisy) #519

This morning’s meal: eggs cooked in tallow, leftover crack chicken, liver pâté, and bone broth.

(JJ) #520

An increase on the scales now. 1kg in just 2 days.
Hoping it’s fluid retention