NoCarbvember Adventure!

(Kellyn ) #481

Thank you, @Carnivoor

(Kellyn ) #482

Thank you, @Fangs

That is right.

That is human.

He will be glad of your love and support.

Best wishes Kelly

(Vic) #484

A simple lunch

Day#18.

2MAD

3 eggs, smoked salmon, and cheese cooked in tallow. Coffee with cream.
300g porterhouse steak with large fat strip resting on a grid of blue cheese

Is mould carnivore?

(Kellyn ) #486

thank you, @FrankoBear

(Kellyn ) #487

yum! porterhouse steak and blue cheese sounds so delicious. :drooling_face:

(Karen) #488

@Fangs oh you must make a point of going in Lidl. It is a good shop. Products come and go but usually return again at an later date… I am waiting for the anchovies to return. I loved them. The meat is good and pretty tasty fo a super market buy though if you only eat organic and grass fed you are not going to find it there. My local Lidl is a five minute walk for me, Tescos about 10 min and Asda (walmart) about 15 min. A lot quicker if I drive of course lol. Going to the butchers is a treat but I also feel I am supporting the local independent shops too. Plus added benefit of no packaging.

(Karen) #489

Fried my T Bone steak today. I weighed the bone afterwards whichbwas 6oz and deducted it from the overall weight so in effect my 28oz was really a 22oz.
First time I have cooked one in I don’t know how many years. Was a bit of a frightening task cos as you will no doubt u understand I didn’t want to end up crucifying it. I googled how to cook it and went for it. It was perfect. I managed 3/4 in one sitting, went out to the bank and then walked to local retail park and came hone to finish it off. Bone is in freezer … I am learning. :slight_smile:

(Vic) #490

Nice Karen, looks delicious.

I had a happy meal.

(Karen) #491

Yours looks great too … thought about adding a couple of fried eggs but tbh I thought that was just being too greedy hahaha

(Daisy) #492

I am so sorry to hear :pleading_face: I will keep him in my prayers!

(Kellyn ) #493

thank you, Daisy.

(Edith) #494

@KellynP, I hope you’re doing okay today and your dad, too. Sending positive thoughts your way.

(JJ) #495

Had my first struggle day yesterday. I was so over tired from an extra shift at work, hormonal and just feeling ‘bingey’. I managed to bumble through and ate quite a lot, but all zc which I was really proud of myself for, it could have gone very much the opposite of that.

I have found I am craving a bit of ‘crunch’ though, that is not pork crackling, seeing some salads has made me really want them. I think as it is heading toward summer here and a salad is my go to on the days that heat bothers me. I will honour my deal with myself to do all of November (plus the last week of Oct) zc though, so will not indulge in any green crunchiness.

Carnivore is easier in the winter. And, maybe, that was the natural seasonal cycle for it? Rather than all year round WOE.

But if our context is ZC as a therapeutic, then seasonality doesn’t factor. Seasonality is a consideration for maintenance folk.

(Vic) #497

I feel ya Jules.

What I do in a period that I need more food due to work I add in breakfast and eat 3 meals a day. My comfort zone is 2 meals a day.

I like fruit, so when I crave it I eat 1 piece of fruit a day with lots of meat. Usually I fall back in my comfort zone within a few days, in the keto universe zc takes me the least effort.

Being healthy and happy is what matters. Honouring the deal with yourself will do just that, go for it.

Cripes! It is 5pm. Feels like I only just had breakfast.

Seems like hunger has stood me up again.

Breakfast was: 3 eggs, 2 rashers middle bacon, some butter, 4 slices hard cheddar cheese. 2 coffees, second one with cream.

I was thinking about blue cheese and mould (mold).

It seems the blue mould in blue cheese is a Penicillium species, P.roquefort. Even though it is from the genus Penicillium it does not produce penicillin (the antibiotic). Other Penicilliums are the dangerous black moulds in a dirty bathroom. But the blue cheese smell does come from a methyl ketone. I like that blue cheese smell. Some people can’t smell that ketone. Other people equate it to a bad smell. There is a different fungus that is used for the blue cheese known as gorgonzola. That is a stinky cheese as well. Some people equate it to the smell of too long worn socks. Others say it is the cheese making fungus from between the toes of God. (Last fact may not be 100% accurate. Also not sure if God wears socks, or how often He changes them.)

(JJ) #499

@FrankoBear so much deep thought about mould. I am in the camp of I think it smells like old socks and jocks, but I do like the taste of it, if I can get past the smell factor. Your hunger really does seem to have left you standing alone today. Merry Brinner to you :wink:

@Carnivoor, I think I will add breakfast in next time I am going to be pushing myself more, good idea.

I took some Day 1 zc pics, meant to post them, will resize them so they are not giant and post them later. I intend to wear same clothes for day 36 (end of November). Not sure there will be much difference other than belly bloat disappearing, but I guess I will have to wait for Nov 30th and see what the pics tell me.

(Vic) #500

Lunch

Beef diaphragm steak. There is only 1kg on a whole cow. Its cheap and very nice.