NoCarbvember Adventure!

I get what you are saying cause I play the ‘game also’ in what ‘might I want to eat’ cause I AM SO satiated all the darn time but never, ever, just thru suggestion of what if, you never eat it ‘cause’ you thought ya should not.

I know you get me on this LOL
I know you know zc and if ya want it then darn eat it…I was amazed at how much I could eat but then my mind said ‘’’‘you bought this’’’ BUT now should ya cause you had’’’ and all that.

don’t go there ever. Just eat as ya wanna eat at all times!!
but of course the eat this, defrost more, can I eat it all, or whatever comes into play cause us ZC people have BIG eating days and lower eating days and LOL

yea I walk thru this but I love yea got a big azz steak like that!! 28.5 Tbone, omg have at it :wink: and enjoy every darn greasy delish bite!!

No, many plants are toxic when raw. And it’s very common among mushrooms as well.
And when they say we should properly heat up the meat, they talk about washing vegetables too so there is nothing like plants are super safe. Why would they be?

Raw meat can be bad, there is the possibility, it’s a very obvious fact. There are zillion parasites and viruses etc.

Toxoplasma isn’t too bad for humans, a huge part of population has it, IDK how big exactly but it’s super common. It’s helpful if one (and one’s cat) gets it before pregnancy :smiley: Both humans and cats are pretty okay with it as long as the immune system isn’t super weak, toxoplasma and pregnancy is the problematic combo.
And rodents go crazy…

But there are so many other things… And if frying the hell out of my meat lowers even tiny chances…
It’s not like I feel any desire to eat raw meat. The only stuff I prefer raw is salmon but I need some super fresh stuff for it so it’s out as well.
Worms are very common in animals (including humans), my good hunter cat (I saw her with a mice or vole today again) always get worms from her pray (very lively ones so a bit more than 2 months after the medicine she has them again and the thing is supposed to work for 3 months).
A proper meat for human consumption is checked, I don’t know the details but they filter some stuff… But is it perfect? I doubt it. Even if theoretically it is almost that (as 100% simply doesn’t exist for most things in life but it’s fine), there are surely worst sources or worse times or whatever. So the source is surely important.

Immune syst6em is wonderful but not for everything. My immune system is wonderful. I definitely don’t think I ever will get any flu or something. But why would I be immune to worms or all viruses just because that? I am not. I could get rabies too and then I would die, no matter how good my immune system is. Certain problematic things laugh at my immune system. And I don’t want those. So before I will taste raw meat, I definitely will research the hell out of this.
I am not very paranoid but raw meat is serious, one should be careful if they want to make the chances of anything bad as tiny as possible. I am sure about this, I just don’t know the specifics :slight_smile: How bad, how careful, what is safe… Nothing.

Should I bring this into the other thread? But I have no infos, it’s just a lil reaction here. I will be super silent there as I am not knowledgeable enough yet.

(Karen) #463

@Fangs what else do we have to treat ourselves with at the mo? Lol

while I was at butcher I remembered to ask him about the rabbit and there it was on the counter. Not too expensive either and definitely not looking like a bunny and also asked about neck of mutton. (Gran cooked amazing stews with both) He said no problem he would be able to get me some and gave me his tel number. So I will pop to see him next week and get both. I dont want to be having to freeze and then defrost, I have enjoyed eating the.butchers fayre fresh.

Also got some beef brisket in fridge that I bought in Lidl on the way home from work last night. Feel very fortunate that i can afford these during this covid pandemic as there are so many who can’t. I thank the Lord everyday. Mind you I don’t think I am spending as much as I did when I ate all the veggies etc … I certainly didn’t buy this much meat back then!

Better topics then :slight_smile: I bought chicken and pork chuck, the perfect meat for me…
We kept forgetting ordering the blood sausage and we got late - no problem, I will get them from elsewhere, this Sunday! But we will get out piglet in the end of December! Yay! There will be photos…

I had some nice cold (the sponge cake that I use as bread was lukewarm, whatever) lunch and I am waiting for Alvaro to come home and we will have a nice dinner. At least me, his food will have a little sour cream as the only animal ingredient. But maybe he tastes the meat, I can’t imagine his vegetable and mushroom dishes are particularly filling though he works differently from me. Still, calories… They aren’t very rich in it.
Whatever, I will taste them for sure.

So I arrived at the point where I cook 2 meat dishes on the same week (soup from meaty bones, fish and liver doesn’t count. I still like liver but it’s nothing like some nice fatty roasted meat). It’s plenty, I think I keep it. My food never was this good before and I never ate bad food. I rarely accept a dish below 8/10 and never had those stupid things against eating whatever I want (and can. I would gladly try wagyu, honestly. I am not sad I can’t but I surely would :)). So I always ate very delicious things… But I always can improve things, it seems.

I recovered from my boiled egg aversion too, yay! It’s a tiny bit tiresome to make sponge cake almost every day. It’s easy but still, whipping eggs are boring. Or cleaning the machine that whips them :slight_smile: My kitchen work has a very big mandatory part that has nothing to do with my own food. And today I walked 2 hours to get meat. That’s different but still, time consuming. And it’s a raging mushroom season too… I can them diligently but run out of jars and had to make jam to free some… Sigh. I will try to work less in the kitchen but it never happens.
But at least I walk a lot in the beautiful forests nearby lately, partially due to the pretty mushrooms, too bad the camera is so heavy and big and my bag is small… So I don’t bring the camera with me every time.
This week will be sunny, it seems. Finally.

(Edith) #465

I was driving early in the morning and used it as an excuse for some caffeine.

Yup, I still like the taste, especially the first sip, but I do not have the desire for one today. And I have to admit, I think my body is liking not having it because it felt “unsettled” after drinking it. I am not craving more.

(Vic) #466

Dinner

(Edith) #467

Your food looks so normal today. :grinning:

(Vic) #468

Well thank you Edith, makes me happy.

Does that mean that some of my food is not normal ?..makes me happy too :kissing_heart:

We ate almost all the meat up so I can only make a daylight photo of the remaining piece of chuck tomorrow…

I am still a bit hungry but I can’t imagine I need more food so I will wait, it probably will pass. I definitely have a negative appetite so eating is pretty much out at this point. That’s why OMAD is better (in the times when I can eat enough at once), my body gets a decent sized meal instead of a smaller one and it gives me a way better satiation. But I couldn’t eat so very much when I was hungry the first time. I hope things will get sorted out soon.

I ate a whole chicken leg with some other part attached, a piece of roasted pork chuck, some smoked pork chuck, a little sausage, cheese, eggs and lot of sour cream, soup from meaty bones… I definitely ate well but I still feel something is missing. But I ate from everything I have. IDK what could I do in these situations. Probably eating another egg… Not like I want any but dairy and meat is completely out while egg eating is my skill even when I dislike eggs and I don’t do that now.
Oh well, it’s not that bad :slight_smile: Just a bit odd that one part of me reached wonderful satiation and another part is hungry. I have this in my well-fasted state sometimes but after a meal…?

Sometimes I so wish to be a snake and eating once a week or something. Not for long, I love eating but it takes a huge part of my day too often (not just eating, that’s only 1 hour per meal, sometimes 2… well that’s not so little but it’s not eating all the time… and cooking, doing the neverending dishes, planning and whatnot… and I cook simple stuff!) and in bad times it’s such a struggle to reach satiation and that’s very tiring. It’s a rare thing and extremely rare on carnivore, fortunately.

(Edith) #470

Sometimes your meals are more exotic. Sausage and ground meat are less so. Lol.

(Edith) #471

Name ideas for December

The Twelve Days of Carnivore
The Carnivore Express

and no waste. I swear I ended up throwing out more veg than I ate back then. I hunt meat sales like crazy and if you hit right, one sure can save alot.

we just had a Lidl open near my mom’s but haven’t been in it yet.

Ohhhh I am liking those ideas!

12 Days of Carnivore…
On the first day of carn-i-vore, my true love gave to me…A partridge in a big tree. Hahaha!!

Actually. my daughter just shot another deer this evening. So, there we go!

(Vic) #474

+1 I like it 2. :+1:

To me, your daughter is awesome! My general culture is not hunting. Unless fishing is hunting? I think of that more as catching or snaring. I am depicted in the scene below…

and then ya ate that partridge didn’t ya? HAHA

yea I am loving that one SB!!

ohh, congrats on a deer for the freezer!!
you racking up the good meat to eat!

no fishing is fishing HAHA

they really got categories now for everything…hunting is with a gun or bow, trapping is snaring, traps etc., fishing is just fishing cause they put it into categories to ‘charge ya with permits’ to make you pay for every action you are doing to get your money from your wallet LOL

licenses are expensive. Luckily we all got the ‘state wildlife license’ and one shot cost covers it all and when kid was like 5 we bought her a state wildlife license for hunting, fishing, everything included for only $300 for lifetime. Really a great deal to have from your state plus we bought it ‘back then’ and it has ‘surf fishing’ grandfathered into it…now you have to pay to surf fish extra and boy those state lifetime wildlife permits went up to like $600 or so and then you have to ‘add on extras’ like surf fishing which is like an additional 700 or so??? I tell ya we got our Sportsmen Lifetime Licenses at such a low cost compared to what they are now and getting your ‘kid one when young’ is key to saving some big bucks.

that is of course if your family is into all that, we are into all that LOL but unfortunately the kid loves fishing but she never took to hunting at all even tho hubby tried to get her involved. She has no gun interest and she never even liked my horses and I sure tried to get her to ride more but she didn’t take to that either. Oh well…omg I am rambling here, sorry LOL

ok that was way more than ya needed to know HAHA but darn just to hunt etc. can cost more than one thinks.

(Kellyn ) #478

I found out yesterday that my Dad has prostate cancer. It was really hard to hear. I know that most men do not die from prostate cancer and that it is very treatable, but it’s my Dad, ya know. I am a Daddy’s girl so the news hit me hard. I ended up drinking a lot last night (vodka and diet coke, 1 large Michelob ultra) and crying a good bit. I am much better today though. I’m grateful I did not eat anything carb or sugar loaded, but disappointed that I did drink a beer, though low carb. I know I should find better ways to deal with grief and worry in the future. My sleep suffered last night and when I did sleep I had bad and weird dreams. I had two eggs this morning and coffee with HWC. I cooked up some burger patties this morning and brought two more eggs to eat for lunch.

(Vic) #479

Not the best news Kellyn.
My thoughts are with you. :hugs:
Hope it all goes well without to much greef and stress.

Vic

yea so was I :slight_smile: News like this is never easy to swallow so I get it!! You had your grief session and are coming to terms with it. I do believe many of us walk that path when we need to!

Sending great vibes and prayers for your Dad and your family.

Thing is with good treatment and a great Dr. this is something that truly can be dealt with and I hope the whole medical path is an easy one for him and I know he will get the best help he can and make this a livable med situation! I am rooting for everyone! :slight_smile: