NoCarbvember Adventure!

congrats on your down trend!

plus I am doing just the same, going a tad more christmasy this year too cause of just needing it :slight_smile:

prayers for your Dad and wishing everything goes well for you guys!!!

that is so cool to read KD…you sure hit your stride very well on carnivore! glad you are doing so great and loving those pics!!

yea me too. I am a super crispy outside and blue rare on the inside with my meat now.

(Edith) #438

It’s been a long couple of days so just a quick note:

Today was not perfect. I did have a Diet Coke, my McDonald’s hamburgers for lunch had some onions and ketchup, and dinner was braised oso buco which was cooked with some carrots and tomatoes. While I picked out the meat. I did ingest some pieces of the veggies.

Not stressed about it, but figured I should confess. Tomorrow is another day.

What people are facing out in the “real world”

Toxoplasma is a real concern. The cysts are microscopic.

Occurrence in food
The type of food most often associated with toxoplasmosis is raw or undercooked meat, including lamb, pork, venison, free-range poultry and game meat (Jones et al. 2009; Jones and Dubey 2012; Chumpolbanchorn et al. 2013). Beef consumption is not considered important since cattle are a poor intermediate host (Jones andDubey 2012).

The freezing requires is quite intensive and extensive. Normal refrigerator freezing may not be enough.

Then there is Trichenella (I think mainly in pork?)

Freezing does not reliably kill other parasites that may be found in meat (like certain species of Trichinella ) or harmful bacteria.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/prevent.html

(Vic) #441

Why would it be? It is not dangerous to anyone with a healty immune system.
50% of the world population is exposed to it. Its a very common single cel parasite that infects most animals and humans alike. Ive been infected with it many times then. I woulnt be able to avoid that eating raw meat for 50years. My doctor told my it is dangerous to pregnant women.
My cat must have got it a lot as well, she 21 years old and eats raw meat.

Thanks for the links. I cant help it but it sounds like anti meat propaganda to me. Raw plants are safe and raw meat bad. Not buying it. But then again im just a ignorant simple man who is not afraid of a lot things. Im not even afraid of plant foods, and I should be, they were killing me in the past! Cant be sceptical about that anymore :shushing_face:

Here is reality: planet earth is trying to kill you every minute of every day. Viruses, bacteria and parasites are trown at you all the time.
The only thing that is important is a good immune system.

In that regard, all food is dangerous. Without an imune system you would be dead after every meal you eat. Regardless of cooked or not.

Raw meat, frozen meat, nutrition and parasites (Toxoplasmosis)

Good questions Vic. Should we discuss it in NoCarbvember or fire up a new thread?

I’d love to deep dive on the qualifying statement, “It is not dangerous to anyone with a healthy immune system.” Plenty to explore there.

(Vic) #443

Shure, good idea :+1:

ahhh you are fine on that food :slight_smile: we are gonna go thru that type of situation a few times in our lives and it absolutely shouldn’t stress you just like you said!! the diet coke was calling to you LOL and thing is, how did those first sips taste to you? was it very chemical tasting, that is what diet pepsi tastes like to me now.

all aboard the diet train huh? :crazy_face:

can’t wait for January when ALL the new dietiers hit forums and then in Feb when most of them quit, hey I was one of those people, not anymore tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am thinking of what December should be called, not coming up with anything good, any ideas? from you or anyone out there? you know we need a fancy name LOL

I like this!!

--------------------food yesterday was
bacon cheese omelet and link sausage
2 thick cut pork chops
few slices salami

again, same old song, doing wonderful on zero carb and just doing my thing!

cold front coming thru now, brrrrrrr. I can’t take it HAHA I so want spring back and right now. Ahh, to swim, kayak, and more in the hot hot sun vs. freezing my buns off. oh well, not happy with the weather, either move or just wait LOL

(Vic) #445

Lunch

Chicken and a blood sausage for desert.

(Vic) #446

This is what the candy bowl looks like at our home.
You get 1 guess whats mine :wink:

I know I guess right in that pic LOL

nice pics. I love an enthusiastic carnivore! One who loves their plan like I do!!

Hey all!
Venison is back on the menu! Hubby and oldest daughter got a buck last evening while I was at work. So…nommy nom nom nom. Backstraps for thanksgiving!

Yesterday was a looong day, but I felt incredibly energetic for the whole thing. (930a to around 815p.) Not sure what the deal is amongst our new hires, but, apparently there is some sort of schism that prevents them from communicating with one another. Like, "Hey, I need to take my break before you leave… ", or “Hey, could you please cover the front while I work in the back?” Yeah. How these folks ever made it into college befuddles me. As they were unable to communicate like normal humans, I ended up staying late to cover the closer’s break.

Eats have been great. Chicken, eggs, butter, tuna, beef. Going to fix my boy some breakfast since he just got off his midnight shift. Then, off to work from 10-730. Have a great day all!!!

ohhh so happy ya got a deer in the freezer! hubby wants to hunt so bad but trying to find new lease land at this point…feel bad for him selling the big acreage farmland and he is now without easy hunt land…I know you guys are happy! Hubbys friend is our processor on deer cause he did our Angus, goats and hogs when we needed processing. Now we need to get a deer soon in the freezer like you guys.

Cool, happy you got your delish backstrap for Tday!! Ain’t that big, won’t go that far but NOM and YUM LOL

(Kellyn ) #450

:joy::rofl::joy:

How does hubby feel about hunting in 24F temps and snow?! LOL! If you have someone nearby that raises saplings or other crops or animals, they should be able to get a Dmap for permits to take multiple deer. A guy near us showed up a local shop with his Dmap needing permits for 300 deer. You can only run 10 at a time, so it took awhile. But, he just hands the permits off to whomever for cost, and then they can hunt to their heart’s content. No lease needed.

Now, if my BIL can get a duckie or two - plus our ruffed grouse, deer and turkey - this should be a very carnivorous Thanksgiving!

omgosh I asked hubby to hunt duck and he has no interest and duck is the one darn thing I would love for him to hunt LOL

very true, never thought of it cause hell we had ‘shoot the deer on the farmland’ permits and all that and never even thought to ask the local guys around here about all that…wow SB you put a great thought back into us and darn it was so there ya know, but just not in a thought for him to do that…and yea, farmers know farmers so…I will tell him when he gets home tonight. COOL AND THANK YOU! Older we get the more we do forget HAHA
Appreciate that response!!

(Kellyn ) #453

I got home from work yesterday and my wonderful husband had some Jamaican chicken thighs ready for me. They did have spices on top (cinnamon, allspice) but the way he cooked it made the meat so tender. He also found some special Christmas edition seltzer water at Food Lion. It is peppermint flavored. I was skeptical at first about how it would taste, but I love it. It is so refreshing. I’m going to have to get me some more. It makes me happy to have found something with a Christmas flavor that is good for me. I scored some lamb sirloins at Lidl over the weekend and cooked some this morning to bring for lunch. I cannot wait to devour that.
Dad’s appointment is today so I will find out what the prostate biopsy shows later today. Thank you for those of you that have prayed for him or have been kind to me with your advice.

(Daisy) #454

You must be somewhere on the east coast! :smile:

(Kellyn ) #455

yes, South Carolina. :blush:

(Daisy) #456

Final meal before my weekly fast! I wanted it to be higher calories and high fat, as my meals have been shrinking on omad and I don’t want to kill my metabolism! On today’s platta: 3 eggs with salted pork fat back, sockeye salmon and crispy skin, liver pâté, bone broth, raw round steak, New Zealand cheddar cheese and @finlandia.cheese butter. Super tasty and well fueled to enter my fast! I started a challenge with some Instagram friends today, so I’ll be making an effort to do more exercise over the next 45 days. Today also is my 20 year wedding anniversary!!