NoCarbvember Adventure!

(Edith) #21

My husband and I discovered Spam when we took a trip to Hawaii. It was better than I expected and I do like it with eggs. No judging here. lol.

Some details, please :slight_smile: I actually see what most of these are but very uncertain about the thing in top in the middleā€¦ :slight_smile:
I love reading about other peopleā€™s meal especially if there is a photo, I used to details in the food thread too so if you donā€™t mind, no need to be so concise :smiley:

I am an European but of course I still have thoughts. It may sound silly but turkey is pretty carnivore :smiley:
My Christmas will be a tad more interesting as there is never enough meat for me at my relative. And while I wonā€™t do a carni December (letā€™s be realisticā€¦ I wonā€™t. I try to be super good, I plan numerous carni days and a few very low-carb ones but there will be some plants), I so wonā€™t eat food I donā€™t really want.
Circumstances are differentā€¦ Itā€™s super easy at home, I am my cook, I have my everything here. Social things are complex. I am very sure I simply should bring my own food everywhere, to be safe. For myself only or for others too, I did both since I went low-carb especially since keto. I never visited a relative in my rare carni times, well that will be interesting a bit.
But if one is stubborn, one wonā€™t eat plants.
I am very good at being stubborn, always were. No one ever could pressure me into consuming things I definitely donā€™t want. If parts of me wants that, well thatā€™s a very different situation but my normal food is my ally. And there was in some of these threads somewhere that itā€™s easier to resist when we didnā€™t let the carbs in yet. It may be hard sometimes but itā€™s usually way harder afterwards. So letā€™s cling to the normal food (proper amounts and quality) and think about why we should stay on track.

If itā€™s a family setting and we arenā€™t the cook and the food has no proper parts as even the meat is covered with carbs, we may tell the cook if they can do something for usā€¦? My relatives always wish to please me. I donā€™t expect anything and I definitely donā€™t want to bother them but itā€™s usually not a really big deal to have some proper food, itā€™s good for others too while we donā€™t need to sit there drinking water or eating our own food. That might be a bigger deal for the host.
My Christmas exampleā€¦ Itā€™s a close family dinner. I disliked about everything in it (Alvaroā€™s Mom cooks well so it must be a different taste thing) but itā€™s a very fixed menu and I was somewhat flexible this far but avoided more and more items. But one family member requested plain chicken breast so I eat that too. It is pretty nice and I basically hate chicken breast (but Mom could do it right too. still not a good meat for me but edible and even enjoyable). I probably will tell her this year that I would like more plain meat, no need to waste expensive breast on me when I prefer a bigger amount of the way cheaper, fattier, better parts.
But if my circumstances were different, I wouldnā€™t have this route and should use another.

(Edith) #23

Hi everyone and welcome newbies!

My first day of November has been a little graze-like. I went for a 5 mile ā€œrunā€ this morning. (Quotes because I walk for some of it.) I made a roast beef that I sliced up around lunch time and I ended up nibbling on the roast beef while I was slicing it. An hour later, I ate two hot dogs that my husband had cooked up. Then about two hours after that, I was hungry, so I cooked myself up two fried eggs. Now I am finally satisfied and unfortunately, itā€™s not that long until dinnertime. I had pulled some ribeyes out of the freezer. Now thereā€™s no interest. Oh well.

On another note, I am trying out a recipe for carnivore ā€œbreadā€ today. It uses ground pork, pork rinds, and eggs. Iā€™ll let you know how it turns out. Iā€™m hoping it will be a handy go to if I need a little pick me up.

My husband and I were just discussing Thanksgiving today and we decided we are only cooking meat. My two teenage daughters are lazy bums that canā€™t be bothered to even heat themselves up some leftovers. If I made side dishes they would end up in the trash. Iā€™m not a big turkey fan, so we were thinking about deep frying some Cornish game hens. Everyone gets their own bird, lol.

Iā€™m cooking two turkeys. One for me. One for everyone else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would love that for sure. Tastes differ but you mix any meat with eggs, even if I donā€™t like it, even if itā€™s lean and it will be nice for me. But pork??? It probably will be very, very good :slight_smile: Pork and eggs, my 2 favs together, it must be bliss! :smiley:

So nostalgic :slight_smile: I made carni bread for some beef stew long ago, the stew was rich, fatty (I was less good with fats without vegetables at that early point) and oversaltedā€¦ It was a big success as every other ā€œmix some meat with eggs and fry itā€ (I fry almost everything, itā€™s quick and nice) creation of mineā€¦
Now I use eggs but I surely will bring back this tooā€¦

(Daisy) #26

Certainly!! 2 eggs from my backyard chickens, shrimp (that I found on markdown today at Walmart) cooked in Chef Shamy garlic butter, beef fat off my daughterā€™s steak, Old Croc sharp cheddar cheese, chicken liver pĆ¢tĆ©, raw bone marrow covered in Redmondā€™s salt, raw round steak from my beef, and cold meat jello (leftover broth from a previous bone in roast, so kind of bone broth and meat broth lol).
I started to put that with the photo, but was anxious to eat it all :laughing:. Iā€™ll be a little more patient with the future photos! :purple_heart:

I want a bird too LOL, those sound delish, I love little cornish game hens!

and I got a 15 yr old daughter and I am in the middle of fighting with her to clean up the side of her bed, all the trash that just ā€˜seems to fall on its ownā€™ ya knowā€¦ugh. I hear ya on that!

Same here. If we cook alot of stuff it ends up in the garbage. I will make a side tater for kid and hubby to go with our tons of meat and crab/lobster for Tday. After that there will be no fancy other stuff cooked in this house just like yours :slight_smile:

they areā€¦social stuff can be very complex. Luckily no one cares about food anymore in our whole family gatherings, it is mostly eat what ya want, when ya want etc. and no one judges anyone else and we can bring food we want to eat. Social is now on the very easy side but I remember earlier on it was tougher til I just made it what I wanted it to be and yea, it was rough explaining to all and such, but in the end I won what I wanted LOL but yea social things can be weird, I hear you on that one!

Now that is a carnivore predator to the max!! Leave my whole bird alone!

You ever find your fun guard turkey you had on the farm? just wondering on that. Hope it found its way back home!

I still didnā€™t write down my goals, maybe tomorrow.

And THANK YOU guys :heart: I had such a headache before but I showered, popped in and was so focused on everything and got so bubbly that my headache run away. YAY! It canā€™t be a fluke, I tried everything before.

What was I wantedā€¦ Oh! Tomorrow will be the glorious day when I convert our not very big (modern and big fridges often has it so so so bigger, I want such a fridge after this! and a much taller oneā€¦ with much bigger freezer space) vegetable container in the bottom of the fridge into a smoked pork container. I told Alvaro he shouldnā€™t buy carrots in the near futureā€¦ If he wants to cook with it, he buy just the necessary amount right before. We have space problems since we were quite enthusiastic at the pig farm, you see (I bought ALL pork ribs there. I missed them. itā€™s good there were no pork hocks, I surely would have bought some).
His cabbage soup and pasta and my meat soup took so much space, my poor pork is struggling and we barely have dairy nowā€¦ The freezer has is own problems but itā€™s nothing new. But the vegetable container is almost empty now, thankfully.

I am so looking forward to the changes in our kitchen and fridge and cooking habits in November :slight_smile:

I love turkey but one would last for longā€¦ :smiley: I donā€™t even know how much such a bird weighā€¦ I just know a single leg (drumstick) is ridiculously tiny for even my second mealā€¦
I always wanted to try to eat up a single tender rabbit :slight_smile: One day I will do it. Or ratherā€¦ We bake 2 and Alvaro gets the breasts and I get all the bony parts. Win for both of us.

(Daisy) #29

I have a rabbit in the freezer and Iā€™m excited/nervous for the day I decide to thaw/cook it! :joy:

Why nervous? The rabbit already did the hard part, growing up and having some nice meatā€¦ I donā€™t think itā€™s easy to ruin a nice rabbit :smiley:

Oh the time when we had TWO young rabbitsā€¦ But they died super young this year in the usual place and we didnā€™t put much effort into finding another elderly person in these timesā€¦ We doesnā€™t even meet with the egg ladies personally since the springā€¦
There is rabbit meat in the hypermarket but we rather buy pork there. Rabbit isnā€™t really special to me but nice enough and Alvaro loves it. I loved everything in stew form this farā€¦ Itā€™s always rabbit stew. Sometimes soup too. I see bony parts and I want soup from them. This change happened very recently, I had my ā€œonion soupā€ in my keto and carnivore-ish times, barely any vegetables in the end but lots of poached eggsā€¦ It was a temporal solution for soups. Now I have my meat soups with poached eggs or meat or bothā€¦ Nice.

(Daisy) #31

I always get a little nervous trying something Iā€™ve never tried before! My body is so sensitive to foods, I never know how it will react!

(JJ) #32

Rabbit- I would love to try some. I like kangaroo and goat meat, but never tried rabbit. It is definitely on my ā€˜to tryā€™ list.

ketodaisy, yuuuuuuummmm

(Edith) #33

In case anyone wants to give carnivore bread a go. It tastes pretty good, actually.

Oh, it just got better. Not only turkeyā€¦but hubby and I went grouse hunting this afternoon. Got one. Should be able to get a dozen. He wants to serve grouse, turkey, venison, duck and goose for Thanksgiving! Plus the homegrown veggies. His idea. I didnā€™t say a word. So, this could be fun. How many types of meat can we serve?

Unfortunately, hubby found Ethel behind the horse barn. She had died and we just never found her until he was cleaning up back there and found her. Very sad about that. She was a dear.

(Elizabeth ) #35

This is my third Thanksgiving zero carb, if Iā€™m at somebody elseā€™s house I just eat turkey and ham. I had it at my house one year and I had turkey ham and prime rib. Everybody else brought whatever dishes they wanted to bring

(Karnivore) #36

Hi everyone! Today is/was my first day of total carnivore.
Iā€™ve been keto since May 9th (with some cheat meals ;/) and last week I began eating very ā€œdirtyā€ carnivore (drinking diet soda, eating canned tuna containing vegetable broth, avocado oil mayo). Even so, I felt AMAZING. I really want to reap the benefits Iā€™ve heard about from the Carnivore WoE.

My goals are:

1. Eat fully carnivore (I am allowing spices and if I eat out, IDK if they will use vegetable oils so that is the slight wiggle room that Iā€™ll allow)
  2. Stop drinking diet soda

Todayā€™s food:
Breakfast: 1 1/2 cold burger patties
Lunch: 2 burger patties + gouda cheese stick and 2 hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 2 burger patties + gouda cheese stick and 2 hard boiled eggs, gouda cheese stick, and turkey jerky stick

I drank water + seltzer water.

very cool. my hubby is a deer hunter but he did do a bunch of dove hunting back in the day. never grouse, not around here? heck I donā€™t think HAHA How many meats for Tdayā€¦in your house you got a zoo going on your table :crazy_face:

So sorry to hear about Ethel ending up that way but at least ya know. Worst was when one of my barn cats went missing and never came back or a goat went missing and found it dead hung up in the fence. Disheartening but it sure happens.

oh yea, good options. I am not a ham lover and luckily other than my hubby no one else is a ham lover, so I never have to worry about being ā€˜stuckā€™ with a ham around here LOL

Hi Karni
great play on Carnivore with a K

Very happy you are joining the challenge. Once off the dirty carni you will start to feel amazing, but of course you have to walk thru adaption first, which I hope is not too bad for you :slight_smile: Rock on and tackle NoCarbvember with gusto!!

---------------------good NoCarbvember everyone

yesterday food was

1.25 lb. NY Strip steak
some taylor ham slices
can of tuna
1 beef stick

Yea, not enough food. I ate the steak, taylor ham and tuna together and after that, later in the day I was just not hungry at all. Drank a TON of water yesterday. I think I floated out of hunger LOL Normal for me, some days I drink way more than my big amt I drink per day.

TA DAā€¦I finally got my little 1/2 lb down on the scale. Again, my normal pattern just chugging along. Good start to NoCarbvember for me. I will take it!

Today is cook alot of my meats. Leaving on a 3 day RV trip to a lakefront campground in a state park for rest, relaxation, hiking, fishing, ā€˜maybe kayaingā€™ if water is not an ice cube to me :)ā€¦ Just must have a change of scenery. Havenā€™t done a trip in a bit so this should be a good little trip to zip up my mood :sunny:

Cooking alot of chicken today, have sausage patties fried up already, fry up a few burgers for the rv fridge. Bring steaks and other meats with me of course for the grill. Prep and prepare is vital to me on the road. Luckily since we are RV lovers I got a full kitchen and we have a genny on board so I am never without zc options ever, so happy the way I like to travel makes my zc so darn easy too! I sure have not one excuse to eat off plan ever LOL

Got a 10 oz smaller NY Strip steak defrosted. Probably pair up with chicken and shrimp and burger for today in some fashion. Want to eat good today for sure cause we hit the road tomorrow and I want my body in full satisfied mode before leaving the house.

Cruising along in zc mode. All good here.

(Alex ) #38

Hello.

Iā€™m all over this.

Going to be keeping a pretty strict eating window somewhere in the middle of a 16/8 IF and OMAD and concentrating on easy to cook food. I donā€™t believe in complicated meals.

I found out yesterday that my gym is closing itā€™s doors on Thursday due to the idiots in the UK that are unable to stop spreading this COVID filth around so looking to start something new exercise wise from home.

Also currently between jobs so I have plenty of time to make sure Iā€™m staying with the program.

Good luck.

OH MY GOSH I thought the first words I read was ā€˜Iā€™m over thisā€™, thinking you were cancelling out of zc real fast for some reason.
:crazy_face::grimacing: I got scared, very scared for ya LOL

WHEW!

Man with a plan. That is key. Go all in, full speed, jump on it and definitely make it ALL work for you at all times. Love your post, you got the fire!!

Now be careful and open minded hereā€¦your ā€˜keto omadā€™ days are probably easily set where you can do this and feel good and it is a normal pattern on the keto plan nowā€¦but once zc, you might need to eat more. AND that is ok. It is part of the process so at ANY time you feel you truly are hungry you eat any meats/seafoods you want. This is absolutely important in your transition into zc.

One of the biggest number 1 failure people do not make it in carnivore is they ā€˜restrictā€™ on purpose their eating times and portion sizes, you know, accidentally bringing in their ā€˜dieting tricks/tips/baggageā€™ from other plans BUT ZC is like no other. We eat any time we are hungry and this is a massive key factor when we are very new to plan.

I know you know this, but just a reminder, it is ok to eat on ZC and our bodies want and need it too when it asks for it so never ignore hunger as something to conquer when it is asking for fuel to repair/re-balance/heal your internal functions :sunny:

OKā€”that was just for newbies to read and ā€˜get zcā€™ and understand it a bit more why we do eat when we need to eat.

(Alex ) #40

roger that! Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be fine.